DiRT Rally 2.0 More DiRT Rally 2.0 Details Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Following the surprise announcement of DiRT Rally 2.0, Codemasters have been quick out of the blocks with a brand new screenshot reveal and DR 2.0 Roadbook post!

Although not able to reveal much thanks to an embargo in place until Monday October 1st, Codemasters have still confirmed that many of the 2018 World Rallycross tracks will be available within the title right from the off, with no less than eight locations coming as default content and more set to follow as DLC post launch.

Of the World Rallycross content we know of, Catalunya, Montalegre, Mettet, Silverstone, Hell, Holjes, Trois-Rivieres and Loheac will be included from launch on September 26th. Representing the first eight rounds of the 2018 WRX season, Codemasters have promised more events will be coming to the game at a later stage. Presumably the four remaining events at Riga, COTA, Estering and Cape Town will be up for grabs as DLC, however more details should be announced on the build up to public release next February.

Also confirmed in the roadbook today are some of the more traditional point to point rally locations, with New Zealand, Argentina, Poland, Spain, USA, and Australia all set to make an appearance.

DiRT Rally 2.0 2.jpg
DiRT Rally 2.0 1.jpg

DiRT Rally 2.0 will release February 26th 2019.

If you want to discussion the game with our passionate community, and read about the latest news, check out the RaceDepartment DiRT Rally 2.0 Sub Forum for a great place to pick up mods, catch the latest news and chat about the game with our community. Give it a go, just keep it DiRTy!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

You mean in the way how some people can't type properly and throw money left and right without being reasonable in the slightest? Also disagreeing with others' posts containing something they don't like for whatever reason.

Codemasters are asking a lot for this thing. And it appears that it's mostly because of the inclusion of the rally cross part. What exactly do you disagree with? Or do you disagree because you have too much money for your own good, so you are ok with throwing as much of it at the devs as they'd ask for? Good for you.

Either way, I'm not impressed with the videos anyway. With that kind of handling I'd better go back to DR and RBR. Nice try, Codemasters.

LOL. Exactly my point TzZyO. Exactly my point!
I have nothing against people having different ideas and views on things - but I strongly disagrees with people who DO mind others having different ideas and views on things - and that´d be you my friend, and unfortunately a growing number of your equals. You rant and rave, and conclude on behalf of others regardless of others merely differing in opinion from yours. This I consider the behaviour of children - thus the kindergarten remark.

I am glad that you felt compelled to make a comment on it, as it proves my point better than anything I could have written myself. So in that regard - thank you Sir! as for the rest I have read of your writing - I am not impressed. Not impressed at all! Have a nice day.

Last edited:
You mean in the way how some people can't type properly and throw money left and right without being reasonable in the slightest? Also disagreeing with others' posts containing something they don't like for whatever reason.

Codemasters are asking a lot for this thing. And it appears that it's mostly because of the inclusion of the rally cross part. What exactly do you disagree with? Or do you disagree because you have too much money for your own good, so you are ok with throwing as much of it at the devs as they'd ask for? Good for you.

Either way, I'm not impressed with the videos anyway. With that kind of handling I'd better go back to DR and RBR. Nice try, Codemasters.

They are asking what is usually asked for a product like this, and since the price for games has barely been raised a dollar in 20-25 years while your salary presumably have doubled, games are cheaper than ever.

I have no idea what your expectations are when it comes to handling. They've shown a FWD Golf handle about how a FWD Golf should handle?

I just don't see the point in already deciding to buy or not to buy this if you are remotely interested in rally games? Pick it up on release and try it out. If it's not to your liking just get a refund.

take it easy beatonic, standard procedure on this forum, no matter which new game is announced, there's always chaps who decide on not trying it after having watched the first gameplay video. part of the fun and fish.
Totally agree.....I accept all opinions, but, as you say, there´s a lot of people who are capable to know how physics work or feel in the game, with only watching a gameplay video....nothing to add :D
My expectations will be the same, and I will test and enjoy the game on February release!

LOL. Exactly my point TzZyO. Exactly my point!
I have nothing against people having different ideas and views on things - but I strongly disagrees with people who DO mind others having different ideas and views on things - and that´d be you my friend, and unfortunately a growing number of your equals. You rant and rave, and conclude on behalf of others regardless of others merely differing in opinion from yours. This I consider the behaviour of children - thus the kindergarten remark.

I am glad that you felt compelled to make a comment on it, as it proves my point better than anything I could have written myself. So in that regard - thank you Sir! as for the rest I have read of your writing - I am not impressed. Not impressed at all! Have a nice day.
Do you realize you are contradicting yourself there? Just for the record, minding others having different ideas and views on things also can be considered a "different idea" if nothing else...

I like it how you turned the whole thing against me even though my argument makes perfect sense: I don't want to pay for the expensive content that has nothing to do with rallying in a rally game. And countering this with, "oh, but they've already decided to sell it like this" is considered to be a good excuse? What if they would also have decided to hack your bank account while at that? You'd be ok with that too because you are desperately trying to look more mature than others? Please, for starters at least drop the "LOL"s then.

I was conveying my protest (and rightfully so) against the underhanded tactics of the developer. You did what? You jumped in to try and offend me with the first thing that came into your presumably mature head (not convinced about that). If that kind of behavior is considered mature here, maybe I'm indeed wasting my time...

They are asking what is usually asked for a product like this, and since the price for games has barely been raised a dollar in 20-25 years while your salary presumably have doubled, games are cheaper than ever.

I have no idea what your expectations are when it comes to handling. They've shown a FWD Golf handle about how a FWD Golf should handle?

I just don't see the point in already deciding to buy or not to buy this if you are remotely interested in rally games? Pick it up on release and try it out. If it's not to your liking just get a refund.
I'm glad this forum has people you can actually discuss things with contrary to being called things instead.

The first Dirt Rally was cheaper. D4, as far as I can remember, was also cheaper. And DR2 will cost extra because the actual rallying is there as a side dish, while rally cross will receive all the right treatment and financial investment.
I wish my income would indeed have doubled over the years, but things are more complicated than that.

Don't you feel like that FWD Golf behave suspiciously close to how it would in Dirt 4? While I liked certain changes D4 brought to the table, that rear axis that just doesn't yield gave me enough headache at the time. I hoped they'd rid of that in the next D-title, but it just doesn't look that way judging by the videos.

Well, you definitely have a point there. That's actually what I planned to do until I learned about their pricing strategy and saw the videos. Of course, there's always the probability it will come out just right. Probably even with the help of subsequent patches. Still, for now I'd rather wait and see what else they'll have to show us. Starting with a Golf wasn't all that brilliant of an idea to begin with, in my opinion.

I'm glad this forum has people you can actually discuss things with contrary to being called things instead.

The first Dirt Rally was cheaper. D4, as far as I can remember, was also cheaper. And DR2 will cost extra because the actual rallying is there as a side dish, while rally cross will receive all the right treatment and financial investment.
I wish my income would indeed have doubled over the years, but things are more complicated than that.

Don't you feel like that FWD Golf behave suspiciously close to how it would in Dirt 4? While I liked certain changes D4 brought to the table, that rear axis that just doesn't yield gave me enough headache at the time. I hoped they'd rid of that in the next D-title, but it just doesn't look that way judging by the videos.

Well, you definitely have a point there. That's actually what I planned to do until I learned about their pricing strategy and saw the videos. Of course, there's always the probability it will come out just right. Probably even with the help of subsequent patches. Still, for now I'd rather wait and see what else they'll have to show us. Starting with a Golf wasn't all that brilliant of an idea to begin with, in my opinion.

Since FWD's in Dirt 4 was the drivetrain layout that suffered the least, I agree that showcasing a Golf with the softest tire compound without wear wasn't the best choice when showcasing the new game. However, having tested various builds during the last 6 months I can assure you that the rear end is fully capable of moving around. The 4WD and RWD cars are where there is a huge difference coming from Dirt 4.

We didn't test any of the new cars on the new stages, but it's progressed very nicely since the first build that we were given. The first one felt like a slightly modified D4, while the latest one felt nothing like Dirt 4 but more in line with Dirt Rally minus the bad bits.

I'm not going to claim it's perfect and I can only speak about the latest build, I'm sure there's been small tweaks to the handling after that, but I'm very optimistic about this one :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back