F1 2010 Monte Carlo - Monaco (Dry)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Yo,

Does anybody have good setups for Toro Rosso car (season 1) and that he achived exclelent qualifying time in carrer mode (NOT TIME TRIAL, and with TYRE SIMULATION=ON). If there is that setup, please let me know .... :)

Jurc

Thanx to Wumpscut setup i got 8th place at Qualfying and 6th place on the race with Torro Roso car :) Really good setup, car is fast and it grips good on the road :)

I got a 1:17.9 with my setup it was an insane lap with me just not blinking but I honestly found that a very soft setting works super on this track. Did some research before the race apparently that's how the actual F1 teams do it. http://www.formula1.com/news/features/2004/5/1580.html
In my first season at lotus my setup got me fastest at all 3 practise sessions, 3 qualifying sessions (1 in the rain with no changes) and a race win on hard without any driving aids.

I got a 1:17.9 with my setup it was an insane lap with me just not blinking but I honestly found that a very soft setting works super on this track. Did some research before the race apparently that's how the actual F1 teams do it. http://www.formula1.com/news/features/2004/5/1580.html
In my first season at lotus my setup got me fastest at all 3 practise sessions, 3 qualifying sessions (1 in the rain with no changes) and a race win on hard without any driving aids.

Care to share your setup? :)

i got a 1:19.750 1:19.200 1:18.895 1:18.611 1:17.874 1:17.183 with the first set up not bad great handling car feels really stable it makes me want to come out of cruise though.i could prob hit the 1:16s if i push hard enuff yay!
the second setup i got a 1:23.510 1:20.819 1:20.720 1:20.157 etc. i could not get over 1:20s this set up needs more downforce ie: lower the car its slow in coners and out. The reactions coming out of the car is like a dull knife. Because monico is a fast corse you wont be able to keep up with the fast group and if you do happen to keep you will be piting every 5laps. i did alot of trail brakeing hard braking and hit alot of curbs to get the car where i wanted it gearing not so bad thow i kind of like it. It gives you a more relaxed pace thus maken you more consistan with laps at 1:20s i am using the red bull rocketship lol!

@ Sean2e5, on September 27.
Thanks a lot for this set-up. At last I could keep up the speed on the track!

By the way, thank to all of you that have the patience to do all those tests for best set-ups.

Cheers,
Magrioteli

Hi I made this set up and found it good got lap times of 1.14's to 1.15's. Feel free to try it out and improve it if you want.

Monte Carlo - Monaco

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle 8
Rear Wing Angle 10

Braking
Balance F 50% 50% R
Pressure High
Brake Size Standard

Balance
Ballast Distribution F 50% 50% R
Front Anti-Roll Bar 11
Rear Anti-Roll Bar 11

Suspension
Front Ride Height 8
Rear Ride Height 8
Front Spring Stiffness 4
Rear Spring Stiffness 4

Gearbox
Gear 1: 115 kph - 72 mph
Gear 2: 141 kph - 88 mph
Gear 3: 167 kph - 104 mph
Gear 4: 194 kph - 121 mph
Gear 5: 222 kph - 138 mph
Gear 6: 251 kph - 156 mph
Gear 7: 281 kph - 175 mph

Engine
Throttle Map Cruise

Alignment
Camber Front -1.50
Camber Rear -2.50
Toe Front 0.09
Toe Rear 0.32

the best

In the 1:20s with Blackfox' setup on a Lotus (PS3 with DS-pad, Expert 5-year career with Prof AI and Medium TC) which is enough for me (since I know Montreal will be an easy pole ;) but I have another problem: My engine is constantly overheating as the PS3 pad doesn't really have much leverage on the shoulder buttons and my car keeps overrevving all the time. The other thing that annoys me on this track (and in the PS3 version) is that it contains the only really noticeable frame rate hickup down at the swimming pool chicane.

How is the Xbox controller faring with this game? Does it also make the engine overrev? And is there any slowdown in that particular corner?

Very helpful site, btw. Thanks.

I can't stress how much I loath this track. 2nd season out of 7 and I'm in a BMW - car is as awful as the Lotus in season 1. Spain and Monaco are just two circuits I've decided to 'suffer' through (I won my first season - difficulty one up from easiest, in my second season I have the difficulty one down from hardest). Never had a problem in other games with these circuits (other games = GP series 1 through 4 on PC and the to Racing Simulation games on PC late 90's).

I'm using an Xbox 360 and the frame rate around the swimming pool up to the last bend is awful. So much so that car control is nigh on impossible, which costs me a bucket of time I'm sure. In the race the frame rate is not as bad - probably because in practice and quali the Xbox is calculating all of the AI times, but in the race it is meant to be 'real' so I would expect less CPU hit?

Interesting the PS3 is having a similar problem given it has more processing power. I tried loading the game to the HDD, but this was worse and also introduced poor frame rate at a couple of other circuits. My Xbox gave up last week (well the DVD drive did) so I bought a new slim. Same problem with the frame rate and haven't bothere dto load it to the 250GB HDD yet.

I've not seen anybody else complain about frame rate at Monaco on the Xbox, so how about it - anybody else have problems with the Xbox and PS3 - you can't trim the graphics like you can with the PC so I can't see how to improve my frame rate.

OK, been 'Googling' and seen frame-rate drop mentioned in Codemasters forum, but am surprised that it has not been mentioned in this thread in relation to lap times.

PS- still love the game though.

So whats the best set up for monoco???

I am in career with force india, i am using brams set up( The first set up posted) and i posted a 1.18.7 on my first lap. ( With cars ahead of me.) Then i came into the pits cuz there were too many cars in front and behind me.

This is a good set up, but is seans setup better??

Thanks

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea