F1 2010 Monte Carlo - Monaco (Dry)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
The time bellow was achieved in time trial mode with Mercedes-Gp. The car is slightly oversteering at corners' exits but it has very nice turn in speed and allows you to make some critical through corner brakings without understeer. It s a PC lap time, with xbox 360 controller, all assists were turned off and the lap time is set to 1:14:069

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 7
Rear Wing Angle: 7
Braking
Balance: F 53% - R 47%
Pressure: medium
Brake Size: standar
Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 60% - R 40%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 7
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 8
Suspension
Front Ride Height: 4
Rear Ride Height: 4
Front Spring Stiffness: 4
Rear Spring Stiffness: 5
Gearbox
Gear 1: 118 kph / xxx mph
Gear 2: 142 kph / xxx mph
Gear 3: 168 kph / xxx mph
Gear 4: 194 kph / xxx mph
Gear 5: 222 kph / xxx mph
Gear 6: 251 kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: 279 kph / xxx mph​
Engine
Throttle map: Fast
Fuel: I can't change that
AlignmentCamber front: -1.30
Camber rear: -3.10
Toe front: 0.08
Toe rear: 0.26

Hi Guys,

Here is my dry setup, I am running career mode driving for lotus in my 2nd championship season. Championship winner of first year and i too have noticed that when you get to spain it seems as though it gets harder.

Anyway, here is the dry setup i am using and getting low to mid 1:20's which is competitive to get pole. Please also be aware that it will take some practice to get to this time or better. the setup helps but no substitute for track time :) I find that this setup allows very late braking and you can gain a lot of time and ground when done well.

Monte Carlo - Monaco (Dry)

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 11
Rear Wing Angle: 9
Braking
Balance: F 46% - R 54%
Pressure: High
Brake Size: Standard
Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 60% - R 40%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 4
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 5
Suspension
Front Ride Height: 2
Rear Ride Height: 2
Front Spring Stiffness: 5
Rear Spring Stiffness: 4
Gearbox
Gear 1: 112 kph / xxx mph
Gear 2: 138 kph / xxx mph
Gear 3: 163 kph / xxx mph
Gear 4: 188 kph / xxx mph
Gear 5: 216 kph / xxx mph
Gear 6: 243 kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: 273 kph / xxx mph​
Engine
Throttle map: Standard
Fuel: Fixed
Alignment
Camber front: -1.30
Camber rear: -2.80
Toe front: 0.09
Toe rear: 0.32

Option Tyres give best results. This set up is also very competitive in wet conditions.

Cheers guys
Blackfox

I cant get anything below a 1:22.3XX using this setup. I am using a ps3 controller on my pc. I have all assists on, brake, trac, line, no tyre or fuel sim, reduced rules etc etc. I am driving a hrt and almost following the line everywhere.

I i know im messing up on sector 2 and 3. Also i cant consistently get the same times in sector 1, i mess up on 3 and that messes me up for turn 4.

I cant get the piscine (turn 13 14) right either.

I'm thinking of giving up on this game since i suck at this so bad. (I've been practicing this track for a week)

I cant get anything below a 1:22.3XX using this setup. I am using a ps3 controller on my pc. I have all assists on, brake, trac, line, no tyre or fuel sim, reduced rules etc etc. I am driving a hrt and almost following the line everywhere.

I i know im messing up on sector 2 and 3. Also i cant consistently get the same times in sector 1, i mess up on 3 and that messes me up for turn 4.

I cant get the piscine (turn 13 14) right either.

I'm thinking of giving up on this game since i suck at this so bad. (I've been practicing this track for a week)
You should watch videos on youtube of each track to see where the real life drivers are making the corners. Don't give up you should try this setup.
Aerodynamics
Rear Wing Angle: 6

Braking
Balance: Front 52% - Rear 48%

Balance
Ballast Distribution: Front 40% Rear 60%
Front Anti Roll Bar: 7
Rear Anti Roll Bar: 6

Suspension
Rear Ride Height: 3
Front Spring Stiffness: 7
Rear Spring Stiffness: 6

Gearbox
Gear 1: 71 MPH
Gear 2: 89 MPH
Gear 3: 107 MPH
Gear 4: 125 MPH
Gear 5: 143 MPH
Gear 6: 162 MPH
Gear 7: 184 MPH

Engine
Throttle Map: Standard

Alignment
Camber Front: -1.10
Camber Rear: -2.90
Toe Front: 0.09
Toe Rear: 0.38

I'm going to study mark webbers guide of the track in the red bull simulator to get how the track should be tackled. Must make the layout second nature in my head

You should watch videos on youtube of each track to see where the real life drivers are making the corners. Don't give up you should try this setup.
Aerodynamics
Rear Wing Angle: 6

Braking
Balance: Front 52% - Rear 48%

Balance
Ballast Distribution: Front 40% Rear 60%
Front Anti Roll Bar: 7
Rear Anti Roll Bar: 6

Suspension
Rear Ride Height: 3
Front Spring Stiffness: 7
Rear Spring Stiffness: 6

Gearbox
Gear 1: 71 MPH
Gear 2: 89 MPH
Gear 3: 107 MPH
Gear 4: 125 MPH
Gear 5: 143 MPH
Gear 6: 162 MPH
Gear 7: 184 MPH

Engine
Throttle Map: Standard

Alignment
Camber Front: -1.10
Camber Rear: -2.90
Toe Front: 0.09
Toe Rear: 0.38

thanks for the setup. I watched a few onboards and now im just getting down to the low 1:21s

Hey @ all,

I used the blackfox-setup with my lotus in career S1, the only change is, that I maxed the gear-setup, so I use now only 5 gears and only at the tunnel exit the 6 gear, which is set to 269 kmh (not so shure). Managed easaly 1.19 mid. Difficulty is legendary, assists are traction, abs and line... What do you think about it?

1ST SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH

Sow whay are here setup only for time trail, Because is in posible to get those times in carrer with teir mod on !!! Sow please were I can get setup for carrer game. Second problem is I am playing 3 sesison. First two sesison I was driving sauber ferrari and my fast time in monaco was 1:16.7 with tier mod on. Now I am driving with a ferrari and I have same setup and I drive only 1.20 !!! I must say that driving stly betwen Ferrari and sauber is sow diffrent. Can any body tell me... what I must do in my setup to get more grip in conners becaus my car spin when i am going out of conner. I am driving a lagend with gamepad. Thanks ...sorry for bad english =D

• Glowingsplint

Am doing a 1:11:986 using a mclaren in time trail using the fastest quick setting you only get better by practice. I use an xbox 360 and steering wheel with assists i.e traction and abs

Hi;
Im am even not been able to stay on the track with this setup is it because i play with keyboard or is it about my settings or setup.
i can even get a proper line with the mclaren car in monaco without driven a car or wall or vangrail.
can anyone please help me to sort this problem because i am playing carreer.

with friendly greetings
Mclarenfreakske

I can run this track, I just can't stay off the barriers. I need infinite rewinds in order to be relatively competitive because the track punishes the slightest mistake.

I'm using Ben's set ups, down into 1:19:3s during qual, 1:20:00s during the race if I drive perfectly every lap. Bloody intense concentration needed though. Maybe I should turn the difficulty down some more and kill tyre/fuel sim.

I can run this track, I just can't stay off the barriers. I need infinite rewinds in order to be relatively competitive because the track punishes the slightest mistake.

I'm using Ben's set ups, down into 1:19:3s during qual, 1:20:00s during the race if I drive perfectly every lap. Bloody intense concentration needed though. Maybe I should turn the difficulty down some more and kill tyre/fuel sim.
Maybe for this race just turn the number of laps down. It is quite difficult to do 70 odd laps on Monaco. Better doing it in the dry than the wet.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 359 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%