F1 2010 Monte Carlo - Monaco (Dry)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi Guys,

Here is my dry setup, I am running career mode driving for lotus in my 2nd championship season. Championship winner of first year and i too have noticed that when you get to spain it seems as though it gets harder.

Anyway, here is the dry setup i am using and getting low to mid 1:20's which is competitive to get pole. Please also be aware that it will take some practice to get to this time or better. the setup helps but no substitute for track time :) I find that this setup allows very late braking and you can gain a lot of time and ground when done well.

Monte Carlo - Monaco (Dry)

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 11
Rear Wing Angle: 9
Braking
Balance: F 46% - R 54%
Pressure: High
Brake Size: Standard
Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 60% - R 40%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 4
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 5
Suspension
Front Ride Height: 2
Rear Ride Height: 2
Front Spring Stiffness: 5
Rear Spring Stiffness: 4
Gearbox
Gear 1: 112 kph / xxx mph
Gear 2: 138 kph / xxx mph
Gear 3: 163 kph / xxx mph
Gear 4: 188 kph / xxx mph
Gear 5: 216 kph / xxx mph
Gear 6: 243 kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: 273 kph / xxx mph​
Engine
Throttle map: Standard
Fuel: Fixed
Alignment
Camber front: -1.30
Camber rear: -2.80
Toe front: 0.09
Toe rear: 0.32

Option Tyres give best results. This set up is also very competitive in wet conditions.

Cheers guys
Blackfox

Thank you...I did a 1.17.748 with Mclaren in quali and hit pole..great setup and I only reduced the rear wing to 7 to get more top speed

I agree with everyone who says that Time Trial is another thing to go and setups for carrer are not complete suitable to time trial....anyway I could say that also a click in each regulations make a different feeling (congratulations to Codemaster for the simulative realism) but the practise is the most important thing to get down the timelap.

I made the setup by myself and try about 4-5 hours in time trial to try to do the best time and starting with 1'16"5 now (but i'm improving each time that i have the time to play) I do a great 1'11"3 WITH NO AIDS !!! You could see me on leaderboard....i'm 18th in general ranking but 4th without aids ;)

Nice setup by Bram, managed a 1:15+ in a Renault with it (TBH I did up the wings 1 each and dropped 6th & 7th a tick). Pretty pleased with that time in that car however :)

Hi there, first time I give a setup-proposition on this website.
Playing my first season with Virgin,I found a well-balanced but fast setup for Monaco and did 1.17.893 to get on P6 in quali and the setup has a very nice race-pace.
I have all aids turned off, except traction control on "medium" because i play with ps3-controller.

So, the setup then...

Aerodynamics
Rear Wing Angle: 11
For obvious reasons... downforce is all you need on this track..
Braking
With the balance towards the rear, the car responds well to a change of direction at low speed...
Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 40% - R 60%
Central-rear ballast to make the car stable when hitting the curbs and oversteer just a little

Front Anti-roll Bar: 2
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 4
Very soft anti-rolls to cope with the bumpy surface and give loads of mechanical grip (see suspension)
Suspension
Front Ride Height: 3
Rear Ride Height: 5
Relatively high ride height due to bumpy surface and soft suspension, front lower to make the car turn in better

Rear Spring Stiffness: 2
First i used front:2 - rear:2 because of the need of mechanical grip. Set the front to 5 to cope with understeer at low speed but softened the front anti-roll to re-balance the turning-behaviour.
Gearbox
Gear 1: 114 kph / xxx mph
Gear 4: 187 kph / xxx mph
Gear 5: 214 kph / xxx mph
Gear 6: 242 kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: 269 kph / xxx mph
Virgin just has a lack of HP...
Engine
Fuel: ...
Alignment
Camber front: -1.50
Camber rear: -3.50
Due to soft anti-rolls and suspension, the camber is set all the way in. As a result, the tyre surface has maximal grip while turning and the tyre doesn't "roll over".
Toe front: 0.08
Toe rear: 0.29
Toe-out gives better grip while accelerating...

TT with Mclaren, no aides: 1.12.504
Based this setup on what I used in my career with Sauber with few lil tweaks, but overall should be ok for career too.

Aerodynamics
Braking
Balance: F 50% - R 50%
Pressure: medium
Balance
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 9
Suspension
Front Ride Height: 4
Rear Ride Height: 4
Front Spring Stiffness: 6
Rear Spring Stiffness: 7
Gearbox
Gear 1: 108 kph / xxx mph
Gear 2: 136 kph / xxx mph
Gear 3: 160 kph / xxx mph
Gear 4: 185 kph / xxx mph
Gear 6: 240 kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: 272 kph / xxx mph​
Engine
Throttle map: Fast
AlignmentCamber front: -1.20
Camber rear: -3.00

My best hot lap 1.10.682
Russian fastest all!
MC.jpg

Hi guys,

Like a few others on here I believe that the ai seems to go up in difficulty in career when you get to spain and monaco when you're with the slow teams. I spent many a few hours tweaking this setup to try and get the maximum out of my car and compete on the same ai difficulty level I'd been racing with up till spain (Race: Professional Quali: Legend) I managed to get a low 1:21 in the Hispania on the 2nd year of the career with the setup below. Hope its helpful guys.

Joypad/Xbox360

Car Hispania

Aerodynamics

Front Wing Angle: 9
Rear Wing Angle: 6

Braking
Balance
Front Anti-roll Bar: 8
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 8
Suspension
Front Ride Height: 1
Rear Ride Height: 1
Front Spring Stiffness: 4
Rear Spring Stiffness: 6
Gearbox
Gear 1: 108 kph / 67 mph
Gear 2: 133 kph / 82 mph
Gear 3: 157 kph / 97 mph
Gear 4: 181 kph / 113 mph
Gear 5: 208 kph / 129 mph
Gear 6: 235 kph / 146 mph
Gear 7: 263 kph / 164 mph
Engine
Fuel: 3 Laps
Alignment
Toe front: 0.15
Toe rear: 0.50

G'day. I am currently in season 2 with BMW Sauber on X360 wheel. With the following setup I achieved low 1:18s on career mode.

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle 5
Rear Wing Angle 4

Braking
Balance F 46% 54% R
Pressure High
Brake Size Standard

Balance
Ballast Distribution F 40% 60% R
Front Anti-Roll Bar 7
Rear Anti-Roll Bar 7

Suspension
Front Ride Height 2
Rear Ride Height 3
Front Spring Stiffness 10
Rear Spring Stiffness 9

Gearbox
Gear 1: 118 kph
Gear 2: 146 kph
Gear 3: 174 kph
Gear 4: 200 kph
Gear 5: 227 kph
Gear 6: 258 kph
Gear 7: 293 kph

Engine
Throttle Map: Standard

Alignment
Camber Front -0.80
Camber Rear -2.90
Toe Front 0.13
Toe Rear 0.41

Hope this setup helps.

TT with Mclaren, no aides: 1.12.504
Based this setup on what I used in my career with Sauber with few lil tweaks, but overall should be ok for career too.

Aerodynamics
Braking
Balance: F 50% - R 50%
Pressure: medium
Balance
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 9
Suspension
Front Ride Height: 4
Rear Ride Height: 4
Front Spring Stiffness: 6
Rear Spring Stiffness: 7
Gearbox
Gear 1: 108 kph / xxx mph
Gear 2: 136 kph / xxx mph
Gear 3: 160 kph / xxx mph
Gear 4: 185 kph / xxx mph
Gear 6: 240 kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: 272 kph / xxx mph​
Engine
AlignmentCamber front: -1.20
Camber rear: -3.00

Using this setup the fastest I've been is 1:18.900 in career mode with the Williams, automatic gears, full traction control, using the controller. And this is on medium difficulty and I finished SECOND.

On FI Championship Edition I used to love driving Monaco. On this game I hate it.

I don't see how you can drive this track with no aids. Maybe with a wheel it's totally different but with the controller I would be spinning out every corner as rough as it is.

Using this setup the fastest I've been is 1:18.900 in career mode with the Williams, automatic gears, full traction control, using the controller. And this is on medium difficulty and I finished SECOND.

On FI Championship Edition I used to love driving Monaco. On this game I hate it.

I don't see how you can drive this track with no aids. Maybe with a wheel it's totally different but with the controller I would be spinning out every corner as rough as it is.

Yes, I find it a lot easier driving with a wheel rather than controller. It has improved my performances markedly as well as my consistency in driving and results. I also believe that removing some driver aids can enhance your lap times esp. changing to manual sequential as you get better gear ratios and traction than automatic. As long as you gradually remove some aids early on you will soon adjust and improve overall. You must take 1 step back, 2 steps forwards.

Hi there, first time I give a setup-proposition on this website.
Playing my first season with Virgin,I found a well-balanced but fast setup for Monaco and did 1.17.893 to get on P6 in quali and the setup has a very nice race-pace.
I have all aids turned off, except traction control on "medium" because i play with ps3-controller.

So, the setup then...

Aerodynamics
Rear Wing Angle: 11
For obvious reasons... downforce is all you need on this track..
Braking
With the balance towards the rear, the car responds well to a change of direction at low speed...
Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 40% - R 60%
Central-rear ballast to make the car stable when hitting the curbs and oversteer just a little

Front Anti-roll Bar: 2
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 4
Very soft anti-rolls to cope with the bumpy surface and give loads of mechanical grip (see suspension)
Suspension
Front Ride Height: 3
Rear Ride Height: 5
Relatively high ride height due to bumpy surface and soft suspension, front lower to make the car turn in better

Rear Spring Stiffness: 2
First i used front:2 - rear:2 because of the need of mechanical grip. Set the front to 5 to cope with understeer at low speed but softened the front anti-roll to re-balance the turning-behaviour.
Gearbox
Gear 1: 114 kph / xxx mph
Gear 4: 187 kph / xxx mph
Gear 6: 242 kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: 269 kph / xxx mph
Virgin just has a lack of HP...
Engine
Fuel: ...
Alignment
Due to soft anti-rolls and suspension, the camber is set all the way in. As a result, the tyre surface has maximal grip while turning and the tyre doesn't "roll over".
Toe-out gives better grip while accelerating...

very, very nice setup guy!!!!! thx alot!

hope you make some more setups, you rule it man! :D

I'm very happy , today i use this set, and practice 2houts on timetrial, best time is 1:14:255
I think ican get more faster .

i feel that there two things are veryvery important, drive line and braking point.

thx for sharing.

wow that is a nice lap, very smooth. and ofcourse its possible, what more proof did you need than the vid of a full lap :D

Man I was pretty pleased with my 1.12.xxx (setup for that somewhere in this thread), gotta get back on the track to beat that one!

as for his setup, in his youtube comments he mentions he just used the fastest quick setup

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 342 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 230 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 174 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.4%