F1 2010 Monte Carlo - Monaco (Dry)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
I'm a newcomer to this site and the game is it just me or is monaco really tricky. It's so difficult in practice to get many laps in without breaking your front wing i'm still a bit crap on this circuit but ihav got some deent times.

Persistence is the key

I can't afford a steering wheel and playing without at least some of the aids (PC version that is) using the keyboard is tough. I recognise more people here are not using many if any aids at all with these setups. However they (the setups) all seem to be fairly average to me, racing with most aids on; not having a huge impact on times as some people are reporting. Is there anyone posting anywhere any setups which will optimise an "aids-on" friendly approach?

I can't stress how much I loath this track. 2nd season out of 7 and I'm in a BMW - car is as awful as the Lotus in season 1. Spain and Monaco are just two circuits I've decided to 'suffer' through (I won my first season - difficulty one up from easiest, in my second season I have the difficulty one down from hardest). Never had a problem in other games with these circuits (other games = GP series 1 through 4 on PC and the to Racing Simulation games on PC late 90's).

I'm using an Xbox 360 and the frame rate around the swimming pool up to the last bend is awful. So much so that car control is nigh on impossible, which costs me a bucket of time I'm sure. In the race the frame rate is not as bad - probably because in practice and quali the Xbox is calculating all of the AI times, but in the race it is meant to be 'real' so I would expect less CPU hit?

Interesting the PS3 is having a similar problem given it has more processing power. I tried loading the game to the HDD, but this was worse and also introduced poor frame rate at a couple of other circuits. My Xbox gave up last week (well the DVD drive did) so I bought a new slim. Same problem with the frame rate and haven't bothere dto load it to the 250GB HDD yet.

I've not seen anybody else complain about frame rate at Monaco on the Xbox, so how about it - anybody else have problems with the Xbox and PS3 - you can't trim the graphics like you can with the PC so I can't see how to improve my frame rate.

OK, been 'Googling' and seen frame-rate drop mentioned in Codemasters forum, but am surprised that it has not been mentioned in this thread in relation to lap times.

PS- still love the game though.

Mark F - it's very interestig your comments about frame rate. I'm in my second season in a Renault and I've won every race from pole position so far - and then I get to Monaco!
I'm still on the easy settings (wimp!) so you'd think that as long as I stay on the racing line, the braking would be a doddle - not so! Every time I get to the last chicane (turns 15 & 16) I can't make the first corner, which slows me right down. I thought it was the set up causing me to have poor turn in, but your comments about frame rate have got me thinking.
I'm on an xBox 360 with standard controller. Not much I can do about that though, right?

Big thanks to everyone for sharing your set ups. It's going to be an interesting week!

Well, I've been using this Forum for 125 days now, and have never posted before. Truth be told, I've never posted to any forum ever! There's always a first time, and besides, didn't want to get deleted :)

Anyway, thanks to everyone for all the Setups, they have been a great help. I wasn't doing all that well until halfway through my first season (with Lotus) until I started using them. Now in second season, and I've won every race except Malaysia. I have all the aids turned off, Manual Gears with a steering wheel (Formula EX, I know, one day I may upgrade, but it'll do for now) but I do have the AI turned to Amatuer (cause that's what I am). If I didn't I'd just be practising the Blue Flag situation.

One thing I do note, with Bram's setups, is the alignment. I have found I always end up setting it back to the below, just find the steering that bit more responsive. Anyway, getting around 1:22 at the mo on Monaco, so going to try Bram's, albeit with the alignment tweaked.

Alignment
Camber front: -1.2
Camber rear: -3.0
Toe front: 0.09
Toe rear: 0.38

I'm making my first post as well, I got a 1:17:XXX using OP's set up, and I don't see how some guys get 1:13's, I basically wasted a whole day trying, is there any way to take the curves, I know the first one always gives me problems

hey there,
Im also a newcomer but i can tell you right away that the time trial dont simulate the tyres wich changes basically everything, thats why you are so fast in trial and some ppl here managed do get crazy times there... you could always shwitch off tyre simulation but i dont see the point of playing the game then...

A lot of ppl come here asking for setups, and i know this cause im folowing this forum for quite a while now... so here is a advice from someone who was looking for setups and realized something:

some setups works fine for the first few races but as someone already said it, when you get to spain its like a whole new level and also for this one it seems that way... i mean its monaco.. most of the setups here are posted by ppl that tried it in time trial and with good cars wich is completelly different than playing career mode with no assistances whatsoever and tyres simulation turned on... and also, someone in a lotus (like me) will have to work a lot harder to keep up with the good cars... sometimes these setups isnt good for a lotus cause belive it or not the cars arent the same, sometime the setup works sometime dont, when i got to spain i was totally beaten in pratices like 4-5 seconds off the pace using the setups posted here... but whit those setups my cars doesnt feel alright so i figured i should learn how to setup it myself.. i used this guide and i found it very simple to understand and tell you how setup you car in a easy way... I improved 2.5-3.5 seconds wich is a lot [http]http://www.racedepartment.com/gtr-evolution/3511-racedepartment-setup-guide.html[/http]

Anyway, what i meant was, Everyone has its own driving style, agressive passive, middle w/e... thats why anyone who play racing games shouldnt mind in learning a few things about setups so you can setup the car the way you want it to handle in the track.... If you are like me you got to spain tried a few setups and realized that the car wasnt good enought so you learned how to make it suitable to you and made the most out of the car and maybe finished in a miserable 15th position (like me loooool) or maybe you dont... if you are not like this then i suggest you go to the menu and turn off tyre simulation... thats the easiest way.... but remember, if you want something well done, do it yourself...

have fun in the races guys

So true - some setups I have tried from here do not feel right at all and car is very unbalanced and awkward with all aids off in career mode. I can go from Pole to flag in a McLaren in a Grand Prix race but hardly get off the back row with same car in career mode

Great challenge !! and now have a wheel to really get into it.

Victor's setup. Career year 5 of 7, Mclaren, legend, no assists, full sim. Qualification 1:16:763, pole. Race 1st,1:17:737 personal.

Logitech Momo racing wheel.

I have a setup with Lotus (career) and I got into low 1:17 during last practice.
When I got to qualifying, the car has major oversteer while braking with the same setup and I can only get high 1:17s... I don't understand what the problem is!

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 7
Rear Wing Angle: 7

Braking
Balance: F 51% - R 49%
Pressure: Low
Brake Size: Standard

Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 40% - R 60%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 11
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 11

Suspension
Front Ride Height: 3
Rear Ride Height: 3
Front Spring Stiffness: 9
Rear Spring Stiffness: 9

Gearbox
Gear 1: 113 kph / xxx mph
Gear 2: 139 kph / xxx mph
Gear 3: 164 kph / xxx mph
Gear 4: 190 kph / xxx mph
Gear 5: 218 kph / xxx mph
Gear 6: 246 kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: 276 kph / xxx mph

Engine
Throttle map: Fast
Fuel: -

Alignment
Camber front: -1.50
Camber rear: -3.50
Toe front: 0.15
Toe rear: 0.50

Not a perfect setup, but it is enough to win Monaco GP with Lotus in Career mode for me.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.