Mobile Driving/Flying Cockpit with Motion and Tactile ( Build )

Rough shift effect​

This wants e.g. a custom SimHub ShakeIt effect
for which magnitude derives from abruptness of engine rpm changes AKA clumsy shifts.
I apologize for the delay in providing this, and it turns out that
changes in car speed are more indicative of clumsy shifts.
Here is a working formula:
JavaScript:
var s = $prop('SpeedKmh');
var g = $prop('Gear');
const tc = 3;  // IIR smoothing factor
const noise = 0.01 // non-linear filter threshold

// initialize IIR filter history
if(null==root["lows"]) {
   root["lows"] = s;
   root["og"] = g;
}

// IIR low-pass filter
var lows = root["lows"];        // lowpass IIR output
var ds = s - lows;
if (g == root["og"])
  ds = 0;                // only interested in speed changes during shifts
root["og"] = g;
lows += (s - lows) / tc;    // low-pass filtered speed
root["lows"] = lows;
return 10 * Math.abs(ds);

The upper graph plots gear changes, and the lower graph is shift abruptness from the above JavaScript:
shifts.gif

I have no idea why it's so hard for profiles to be shared in a normal way. I have absolutely no idea what to do with that formula. A simple drag and drop with a rename to .txt like Mr Latte constantly asks for is a MUCH better way to actually get feedback on people's creations. I look at that and just click away.

Not sure those adapters are a good solution for long-term use. An actual US power supply with the correct output would be more appropriate. Something like these...

Edit - missed the last page and saw this had been addressed. Still don't think the adapters are a good idea, what with the increased risk (however small) of them causing your house to catch fire.

Last edited:
I'm an electrical engineer by degree, and I don't see the risk. The AC/DC power adapter is designed to handle a wide range of voltages as low as 100V in the 50 to 60 Hz range so it should have no issue with US power. The connector adapter is simply changing the shape of the plug so it will fit a US outlet. I could potentially epoxy the adapters to the current plugs so they would never come loose, but there should be no danger of fire unless there was the potential to short them.

• Deleted member 1449502

Rough shift effect​

I apologize for the delay in providing this, and it turns out that
changes in car speed are more indicative of clumsy shifts.
Here is a working formula:
JavaScript:
var s = $prop('SpeedKmh');
var g = $prop('Gear');
const tc = 3;  // IIR smoothing factor
const noise = 0.01 // non-linear filter threshold

// initialize IIR filter history
if(null==root["lows"]) {
   root["lows"] = s;
   root["og"] = g;
}

// IIR low-pass filter
var lows = root["lows"];        // lowpass IIR output
var ds = s - lows;
if (g == root["og"])
  ds = 0;                // only interested in speed changes during shifts
root["og"] = g;
lows += (s - lows) / tc;    // low-pass filtered speed
root["lows"] = lows;
return 10 * Math.abs(ds);

The upper graph plots gear changes, and the lower graph is shift abruptness from the above JavaScript:
View attachment 502287
I'm a bit confused. Does this replace our standard gear shift layer effect? or do we add it as an additional layer that only triggers on rough shifts?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no idea
That Speed Shift JavaScript has yet to be tested in live Sim driving.
FWIW, it should be copied and pasted into the Front left formula of Mono CUSTOM EFFECT,
with Response filter Gamma and Gain adjusted to taste, along with tactile output.
Telemetry IMO seems reasonable in recordings from RRRE, iRacing, AMS2, ACC and AC.
After validation, it will be included in a profile maintained on GitHub.

Ordered 2x t.racks 4x4 DSP's that should be here Friday.

EDIT> I believe my original comment was irrelevant, since I think you have the DSP, and not the Mini-Amp with DSP. I should likely delete it completely, but then I thought it might be helpful for someone looking at the 'amp' version.

Main point of the original comment>
This is related to the t.racks DSP 4x4 Mini Amp, which I believe is different than what RCHeliguy has.
I read several of the reviews on the Thomann site where users were stating that this t.racks mini amp/dsp would output 100% signal for the first second (or two) when powered on, until the DSP becomes activated.
I'm not so genius here, but just wondered if that somehow could result in damage to the exciters when powered on?? Or maybe if not powered on at the correct sequence/moment?

Last edited:
That Speed Shift JavaScript has yet to be tested in live Sim driving.
FWIW, it should be copied and pasted into the Front left formula of Mono CUSTOM EFFECT,
with Response filter Gamma and Gain adjusted to taste, along with tactile output.
Telemetry IMO seems reasonable in recordings from RRRE, iRacing, AMS2, ACC and AC.
After validation, it will be included in a profile maintained on GitHub.

I did try it out with my own misguided way of interpreting what to do with the formula. I had it mostly right actually, but I pasted in into all 4 corners of the custom effect. When I allocated it to the BK CT channel, I just couldn't feel anything. I might have to be driving though in testing it. I just did it in the pits and I guess that it needs a speed element to work properly? The stock one doesn't, it just triggers on gear shift, which I don't really like but when you're driving it doesn't make much of a difference.

I'll give it another go properly today.

Created the cabling to connect the 4x 2 pole Neutrik connectors on the back of the Behringer EPQ304 to the quick release Neutrik 8 pole connector on my rig.

All the cables are color coded with electricians tape and channel numbers.
The Neutrik 8 Pole connector has numbered pairs labeled on it.
1+ 1-, 2+ 2-, 3+ 3-, 4+ 4-
The positives are all closer to the center with the grounds on the outer edge.

The 2 Pole connectors are labeled the same way. 1+, 1- with positive in the center.

4to1Connectors_6835.jpg

I leave the speaker cables with room to move independently at the amp and then run behind the amp. Sheathing is all that is exposed at the front.
4to1ConnectorDone_6838.jpg

The top 8 Pole connector has "TOP" labeled to make sure I don't accidentally swap my exciter channels with my BK/TST pairs.
You can't see this in the picture clearly but the input XLR connectors pairs have a 3 way switch between them. You want the switches centered.
4to1InUse_6839.jpg

Last edited:
I'm going to be a little distracted for a while.

I was woken up at 3:37am this morning by two men breaking down a door to my home. Needless to say my wife is rattled and I'm doing everything I can to get things back to normalcy so she can sleep at night. Today I was installing a new door, ordering automatic exterior lighting controls, looking at a security cameras for the back of my home, ordering door armor to make it much harder to kick a door in.

So needless to say my sim rig is on the back burner for a while.

In case you are concerned, the simrig is OK ;)

Our security alarm did it's job and scared them off. No one was hurt.

until later.

I'm going to be a little distracted for a while.

I was woken up at 3:37am this morning by two men breaking down a door to my home. Needless to say my wife is rattled and I'm doing everything I can to get things back to normalcy so she can sleep at night. Today I was installing a new door, ordering automatic exterior lighting controls, looking at a security cameras for the back of my home, ordering door armor to make it much harder to kick a door in.

So needless to say my sim rig is on the back burner for a while.

In case you are concerned, the simrig is OK ;)

Our security alarm did it's job and scared them off. No one was hurt.

until later.
Yikes! Stay safe, and comfort the missus. We all know SHMBO comes first!

That's awful, sorry you had to experience that. Funnily enough, I had my work van stolen from under my nose a few years back. I had a dream that it happened again last night until I finally woke up enough to realise it was a dream. All the horrible feelings came back of being violated as a person and I never want to experience that again.

Hope everything goes OK getting the repairs done and let's hope that the extra work you're putting in deters the next potential intruder. God willing there won't be any.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back