Mobile Driving/Flying Cockpit with Motion and Tactile ( Build )

I've got a new door installed with new deadbolt and new doorknob. The door armor will arrive shortly. Today the automatic exterior light controls arrive.

Last night was better, but my wife still got up a couple times and walked the house. It's crazy how something like this effects you.

My rig's security system is being very heavy and not fitting through a doorway without major deconstruction ;)

The plug adapters arrived and I now can completely connect both t.racks.

t_racksready_6843.jpg

Last edited:
Just started to play with the t.racks software.

These are by no means final, but it looks like it will do what is needed and I can test my tweaks immediately.

t_rackssoftware.jpg
t_racksSoftware2.jpg

I'm curious, what made you decide to get the T.Racks DSP...since you figured out the Equalizer APO thing?
So I could work with Mr. Latte. I actually covered this a few posts back.

Edit: added link.

Last edited:
Fair enough. I missed it, I guess. I scanned back, but didn't see it. You are rather prolific. :)

I'm also not entirely use to the way RD presents the post-history here with the OP front and center....and, sometimes showing reply's to quoted posts adjacent to the quote...semi-threaded. I spend 90% of my internet forum time elsewhere.

Well, it's relatively big, but it doesn't need to be too strong otherwise you'd have made it out of metal... And you're very much into tactile at the moment...

Some sort of rack for the amps/controllers, with the square cutout for the controls? Total guess as I have no idea!

(This is where it turns out it's got nothing to do with simracing and it's a picture frame for your missus. That's what my 3D printer gets used for mostly, random stuff she sees online and wants printing!)

I'm going to bolt both t.rack DSP 4x4's together on edge.
The wires will come in and go out horizontally.

The big split in the middle will let a bit of air travel between them since they get warm when running. I'll use a metal washer between the DSP's and PLA with the hope it doesn't melt. If it becomes an issue I could use PETG.

Last edited:
I'm going to bolt both t.rack DSP 4x4's together on edge.
The wires will come in and go out horizontally.

The big split in the middle will let a bit of air travel between them since they get warm when running. I'll use a metal washer between the DSP's and PLA with the hope it doesn't melt. If it becomes an issue I could use PETG.
Ah, nice!

Have you printed with PETG before? I've only used PLA for now on my Prusa i3 (thanks for the recommendation btw, I love it!). Might experiment with different materials now that I've got to grips with it.

Ah, nice!

Have you printed with PETG before? I've only used PLA for now on my Prusa i3 (thanks for the recommendation btw, I love it!). Might experiment with different materials now that I've got to grips with it.
I've printed with PETG a few times, just use the textured plate and some stick glue for first layer adhesion.

Ah, nice!

I've been printing with some ASA, as well. Adhesion and warping can be a bit more troublesome. But, playing with bed/nozzle temps helps a lot with that. The nice thing is that with ASA you can vapor smooth things (with acetone) for a nicer surface finish.

The 2 x t.rack DSP holder is printing now, but it won't be complete until I'm in bed. So I'll check it out in the morning.

I've uninstalled the Equalizer APO software and applied the BK-CT and TST curves to my first 4 channels as well as the Exciter curve to all 4 channels of the second t.rack for the future.

These are a few curves that I have as a starting point.

Red - BK-CT,
Green - TST 329/429
Yellow - upcoming exciters

1631974625460.png

For the upcoming exciters I thought I would try out these spade connectors with shrink wrap covering.
I'm also trying something else new, copper clad aluminum wiring. It's much less expensive the 100% copper wire and specs out nearly identically. I'm not being cheap, but I thought I'd see how it well it worked. I can always swap it out with 100% copper later if I don't like it for some reason.

ExciterWiring_6844.jpg

Simply crimp in place and then hit it with my shrink wrap gun.
Endconnectors_6845.jpg

Last edited:
I might give these curves a go. See how they compare to mine. I am still yet to fully dive back into the tuning of my new tactile hardware. I'm not kidding when I say it takes literally months for me to get back to where it was before I messed with it. It really does take forever to sit back down with it all. One of the reasons why I HATE messing with it.

Last edited:
I've started to put my t.rack DSP's through the paces, so these are just my initial thoughts which may very well change.

So far the performance is identical to Equalizer APO at least using the functionality that I'm using to this point and what I can feel. In fact there is actually finer control and more flexibility in Equalizer APO than there is with the t.racks in the equalization section taken by itself. What I've done so far is extremely simple and the t.rack DSP unit is doing fine.

It is entirely possible that I will start using features in the t.racks that don't exist in Equalizer APO, so my thoughts on it may change. To be clear the t.racks software does have a number of features that I do not believe are in Equalizer APO.

So far so good, but no biggie either.

You know what? This would eliminate the reason I inverted my pedals.

It seems he liked how the throttle felt pivoting.

Hmmm.... Maybe if I'm a good boy Santa will send me a stocking stuffer. LOL!

I'd have to redesign EVERYTHING.... Hmmm....

Damn it! This thing is stuck in my brain.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 13 23.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Forum trophies