Mobile Driving/Flying Cockpit with Motion and Tactile ( Build )

You know what? This would eliminate the reason I inverted my pedals.

It seems he liked how the throttle felt pivoting.

Hmmm.... Maybe if I'm a good boy Santa will send me a stocking stuffer. LOL!

I'd have to redesign EVERYTHING.... Hmmm....

Damn it! This thing is stuck in my brain.

They do look stunning, I really like the design. Nice to see a new set of pedals that don't look like Heusinkveld rip-offs. At the price they are though it's quite the stocking filler!

I could do like some others have done and support the whole pedal deck. It won't be a problem.

This is nothing I'll do without a lot of thought first and I have other things I want to figure out first.

I'm actually happy with my pedals, so no rush. I may lose interest.

You know what? This would eliminate the reason I inverted my pedals.

It seems he liked how the throttle felt pivoting.

Hmmm.... Maybe if I'm a good boy Santa will send me a stocking stuffer. LOL!

I'd have to redesign EVERYTHING.... Hmmm....

Damn it! This thing is stuck in my brain.

hmmmm........ Why did i just watch that entire 1 hour and 40 minute video? :D

Those pedals are very interesting

Here is the DSP stand.

DPSStand_6850.jpg

Perfect fit and there is room for air to circulate between them.
DSPStand_6852.jpg

Labeled up so there is no confusion.
DSPStand_6851.jpg

Eight channels of amplification, but the exciters are still a couple months away.

Of course now that I have a stand for them, I'm wondering if It would be better to put a stand under the NX4-6000 and stow them under there.
eightchannels_6854.jpg

Last edited:
Signal strength depends on change in speed during gear changes;
slow, smooth shifts may generate imperceptible effects.
What I noticed from testing the effect is that the impulses don't last long enough to generate a strong feeling from the shakers even though it looks correct in the live effect preview. I tried it independently on pucks, bst1, bst2 and bk advance. With the volume all the way up, gamma of 2, input gain of 200, and everything else muted, I could only feel about half of the shifts. I noticed the same thing when I used input gain to get more info out of the road vibration effect, some impulses were too short for my shakers to reproduce unless there were several of them close together.

I haven't seen any option for custom effects to control the duration, but the gear shift effect has a pulse duration setting. Maybe gear shift can be used as an input and your effect can control its response.

I really like the idea of a having a more dynamic and physics-based shift response. I turned the default effect off because it has a consistent and one-note feel to it. Right now I use wheel slip to give me a shift-like feel based on traction loss.

gear shift effect has a pulse duration setting.
Likewise noted; good suggestion!
To minimize further disruptions of this thread,
further work is being documented in another thread.
As of 24 Sept, an experimental profile is attached there:
SimHub provides a default Gear shift effect,
but one arguably would prefer an effect which varies with smoothness of shifts.
After some floundering, shift roughness may best correlates with abrupt changes in speed or acceleration.
Of course, acceleration is literally changes in speed; changes in acceleration are called jerk.
Rough shift experiments were first discussed here:

.. but rather than more clutter in @RCHeliguy's thread, further content will continue here.

Last edited:
The gear shift is PLENTY and long enough if you have a BK LFE or BK CT. I've dialed mine back a LOT !!!!

The way it works on my rig is that the upshift feel is mostly coming from my transducers and the down shifts when braking have most of what I notice coming from the G-Belt.

I've been trying to figure out how to mount Mr. Latte's Race Base isolators on my rig. FYI I don't have them yet, but this is what I have so far.

The foot plate wasn't hard. I kept the same layout and I'll just need to make new rear aluminum tabs, but I beefed up the 3D printed mounts substantially.

RaceBaseFootPlate.jpg

I designed separate 3D printed supports for the front and back that each have 4 x M8 bolts holding them in place.

RaceBaseFootPlate2.jpg

The NLRv3 to seat mount has been a bit more challenging...

Every time I thought I had it figured out there was something I missed. I finally got a solution that could work with an additional 29mm added to the height of the chair and still support my flight controls and transducer mounts.

Odds are that I'll change this a few times between now and when I get a chance to mount these.
NLRv3_RaceBase3.jpg
NLRv3_RaceBase2.jpg
NLRv3_RaceBase.jpg

Last edited:
The seat is more of an issue if you are already high, from memory they are adding a bit more than 60mm overall height.

I am actually curious if after you feel the need to dial back the range of the motion. Easy to do but curious how much that change around the pivot would actually change the feel.

The seat is more of an issue if you are already high, from memory they are adding a bit more than 60mm overall height.

I am actually curious if after you feel the need to dial back the range of the motion. Easy to do but curious how much that change around the pivot would actually change the feel.
They are about 64mm tall, but I've submerged the bottom of the supports so there is only 29mm of additional height and that could be tightened down a bit so it is less.

Also keep in mind that I don't have seat sliders on my NLRv3. The seat brackets are bolted straight to the top of the NLRv3.

I used to have a VW Passat seat mounted above a piece of 40mm profile and the seat itself was taller and more upright, but I also had the pedal deck lower back then, so it wasn't an issue.

I've been thinking about the trickledown for quite a while.

Last edited:
Making the V3 seat height even higher...........

No thank you.

I agree with that sentiment in general.

By comparison seat sliders would raise the height of my seat by 11 mm more than this design with submerged bottom mounts.

My NLRv3 is also submerged into my P1 frame such that the main base is level with the top of the frame.

I believe I've also figured out a way to reduce that height. More iteration to go.

Yeah I dropped my platform way into the GT1 chassis, but it only has 80mm rails as opposed to the 160mm on the P1. Made a big difference to the COG when I had the SFX-100 attached with the V3, for the short while that I ran both. It already adds a lot of height to the stock seat rail mount so adding 70mm of isolation would be really pushing it without some creative alternatives.

You understand I'm not adding 70mm of isolation. I've got it down to 29mm and possibly only 23mm additional height with another change I'm thinking about.

I'm hoping to get it down close to just the amount of travel needed to handle the tactile by the time I start building...

Just figured out how to get it down to 15.75mm additional height :)

Last edited:
Sounds like you can adjust the preload on the isolators.
What I´d like to know is if this changes the isolated frequencies as I ´d have to have quite high preloads to minimize movement of the seat (Chunky guy and high brakeforces)

MFG Carsten

Yes preload is adjustable. I have no idea about how that impacts the frequencies.

I've got the overall height increase at 16.75 mm.
I think that may be as far as I can take this.

I'm definitely prototyping with my 3D printer and likely even wood until I get the final dimensions completely sorted. Then I'll machine some aluminum.

narrowingTheGap.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 4 11.1%