F1 2010 Melbourne - Australia (Dry)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
So Mr Andersson, running in the 23s and am driving the bloody wheels off it. Can you give some tips so i can get into the 19s or even 20s with your setup. Your setup gives a nice front end compared to the default stuff but its giving much trouble under braking and the rear end snapping out on slow corners

So Mr Andersson, running in the 23s and am driving the bloody wheels off it. Can you give some tips so i can get into the 19s or even 20s with your setup. Your setup gives a nice front end compared to the default stuff but its giving much trouble under braking and the rear end snapping out on slow corners

Id like to help you with Andersons lines but his setups dont flow with my style. I can give a few basic tips like a decent sized monitor as its easier to hit braking points, having a stable base(chair and pedals) good posture helps to. Being in an enviroment where your not going to get distracted helps to.

As for tracks if you know them like the back of your hand already its just down to getting the corners to flow, working the entire rev range and doing as few shift changes as possible. Drive through the wheelspin as much as possible and avoid curbs that you dont really need to use as it gives less traction out of corners.

Thats good info but sadly ive tried all of that before, well the basics of setup are all there, 22' screen, you on about something much bigger like 30'?

I think it does come down to style i guess and am not getting a stable rear end on this setup but the front is mighty. If only i could get the back to behave like the front then i could maybe push for better laptimes.

Mr Andersson is top in every race track, how is he doing that. Everyone is so close in their times then Mr Andersson is another good half second in front of the faster guys.

His setups are good on all tracks ive tried but where they help in one section where i had trouble before they make more trouble on sections i didnt have trouble hehe. Most gear ratios are too long for me too, he must be running 1/1 wing with no drag at all lol

Thanks for tips and info Andrew appreciate it

Thats good info but sadly ive tried all of that before, well the basics of setup are all there, 22' screen, you on about something much bigger like 30'?

I think it does come down to style i guess and am not getting a stable rear end on this setup but the front is mighty. If only i could get the back to behave like the front then i could maybe push for better laptimes.

Mr Andersson is top in every race track, how is he doing that. Everyone is so close in their times then Mr Andersson is another good half second in front of the faster guys.

His setups are good on all tracks ive tried but where they help in one section where i had trouble before they make more trouble on sections i didnt have trouble hehe. Most gear ratios are too long for me too, he must be running 1/1 wing with no drag at all lol

Thanks for tips and info Andrew appreciate it

He aint top everywhere I still hold about 10 tracks....

As for his setups he rarely uses the 1/1 wing thats me who does that I use a car that understeers enough to get round most corners with as much speed as possible witha back end that snaps for anyone not fine tuned enough to my style of drive, only downside for other ppl is you need to be ridiculously accurate lap after lap to get the times as I have been told be 1 or 2 ppl (probably more). As for my rear end its got just enough traction to lay down most of the power through corners making it turn just that little bit more when you really need the back end to step out to make te corner as far as im aware this is exactly how the real F1 drivers have it, if I could get the front end more pointy with the same rear end action I would be in heaven unfortunately im not quite that fine tuned yet.

It's not that many players on pc that it is on xbox and PS3, if you look at the xbox there are many tracks Im not first, for example Suzuka, Marina bay, Istanbul, Yas marina, Budapest, Kuala Lumpur, Monaco and SPA and maybe some more, and most on most of the tracks I lead It is by a very small margin compared to the xbox leaderboard look at yourself here http://community.codemasters.com/fo...egy-1347/458487-bahrain-hotlap-set-up-19.html at page 6 and 7, he posted almost all the tracks of his best times. Im dominate some tracks on PC but on them Im only a little bit faster compared to the xbox guys.

Edit: Actually, I think Im only faster then the xbox guys in 5 tracks :/ and slower in the rest even though by a very small margin on some of them.

Well done my friend seems we have a NEW WORLD CHAMPION TT KING.Viktor seems to think your cheating because your a second in front of him.I never saw any repremands from mods though like i got earlier for questioning lap times on PC's.There is no sense of acheivement when you cheat.Californianguy is blatent some are more subtle........Lets look forward to a good race tommorow.

Well i aint cheating, mostly driven iRacing and im not alien but im fast. In Silverstone with FW31 F1 car in iracing i have done 1.19.8 laps in qualify, thats 0.3-0.5 secs off from what Pro Aliens do in that track in qualify.

I will make video if it at later date.

It's not that many players on pc that it is on xbox and PS3, if you look at the xbox there are many tracks Im not first, for example Suzuka, Marina bay, Istanbul, Yas marina, Budapest, Kuala Lumpur, Monaco and SPA and maybe some more, and most on most of the tracks I lead It is by a very small margin compared to the xbox leaderboard look at yourself here http://community.codemasters.com/fo...egy-1347/458487-bahrain-hotlap-set-up-19.html at page 6 and 7, he posted almost all the tracks of his best times. Im dominate some tracks on PC but on them Im only a little bit faster compared to the xbox guys.

Edit: Actually, I think Im only faster then the xbox guys in 5 tracks :/ and slower in the rest even though by a very small margin on some of them.

Yeah not many people running in PC as Xbox/PS3, my self im not even interested of TT rankings, just having fun with this game even tough i drive only against ai in carreer and sometimes time trial but thats with local account and not online account.

Cant deny that youre one of the fastest in F1 2010, but since most alien drivers have focus to iRacing you never see your true speed compared to fastest sim racers of planet like Greger Huttu, Jesse Nieminen and Ray Affalla or if they do drive then they mostly will drive with gamepad in xbox/ps3 just for fun.

@Andrew

I do on avg 50/100 laps when in time trial, no setup works hehe. Back to the drawing board i think :)

@MrAndersson

Why are we on about the xbox for, we are all in pc here are we not? Maybe if you want to start a free practice so i can follow you around and try match your times, i could learn more that way than using ghosts. Well if you dont cheat then fair play and please accpet my apology for the outburst :)

@BramHengeveld

That was my fault, didnt know the forum layout and just thought all Q&A could be dealt with under the track setup sections. Maybe the moders can move the last few posts to the general section or just delete them etc starting from my first post number #198

I cant see the setup right now but I remember everything :)

Time Trial: 1:19.800
Aerodynamics

Front Wing Angle: 8
Rear Wing Anglw: 1

Braking

Balance: 51 / 49
Pressure: High
Brake Size: Large

Balance

Ballast Distribution: 20 / 80
Front Anti-Roll Bar: 11
Rear Anti-Roll Bar: 11

Suspension

Front Ride Height: 11(1 in races)
Rear Ride Height: 1
Front Spring Stiffness: 11
Rear Spring Stiffness: 1

Gearbox (KPH)

Gear 1: 3step below standard
Gear 2: 2step below standard
Gear 3: 1step below standard
Gear 4: standard
Gear 5: standard
Gear 6: 1step over standard
Gear 7: 2step over standard

Engine

Throttle Map: Fast

Alignment

Camber Front: -1.50
Camber Rear: -3.50
Toe Front: full left
Toe Rear: 0.29

hello.

Awesome time, can you tell me the time of the sectors.

greetings

Just got a 1:23.571 with the first setup on the page, but cant get out of the 1:23s, is this because i drive automatic and not manual, im i losing time driving automatic ?

Hi. I made 1.26.7xx on TT mode, but at career mode I could not be better than 1.33.xxx. I tried some of this thread's setups, but the car (Toro Rosso) overstears a lot. Could not be fast on turns. Any help?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back