Marco Massarutto Responds to Free Porsche Content Criticism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Porsche DLC Preview Image.jpg

Marco Massarutto, Kunos Simulazioni Licencing Manager and somewhat outspoken unofficial Kunos spokesperson, has responded via his Facebook account to the rather strong criticism from some members of the community following the free Porsche content announcement several days ago.

With feelings running high amongst the community, and many people voicing negative feelings regarding the inclusion of SUV's from the prominent German manufacturer, Massarutto has taken to his personal Facebook profile to respond directly to those vocal critics. As is the usual Massarutto style, no punches have been pulled in the latest statement!

The full Marco Massarutto Facebook statement can be read below:

"Imagine you get into a mall to buy a pair of Lee jeans, and when you go for the check out, the guy at desk tells you "I'm glad to tell you that, since you have purchased this product, you will get this t-shirt for free, offered by Lee".

What do you will answer? Some options:

- I didn't ask for it, just give me my jeans...
- I don't like this t-shirt, I'm not going to wear it
- What are you trying to do? To fill my closet with useless stuff?!
- I've a t-shirt already, I don't need this so-called gift
- Let's do this: give me the jeans for free and keep the t-shirt for you
- If I was interested to a t-shirt, I would have purchased it
- What a waste of time and money, tell Lee to give me a 100$ jacket for free instead
- I'm here for the jeans and you give me a free t-shirt? Shame on you
- So, now Lee gives stuff for free to let me have a taste of it? Shame on them

Sounds weird? Not to some simracers. Sad, but true.

So, about Porsche: few people complain because Assetto Corsa will release - for free, and even if you just own the game but you don't purchase any Porsche DLC - the new Panamera, Cayenne and Macan. Saying the things you can read above. As part of our agreement with Porsche, the Brand asked us to reproduce, for THEIR simulators, ALSO the models included in their current production. For THEIR purposes. Once we worked for months to reproduce those models with the maximum accuracy for Porsche simulators, we believed it would have been a shame do not allow the AC community to enjoy those cars as well. Without charging them. And that's it. Also because we take in consideration that the AC community is so wide today that different people like different cars, something that some blind gamers still don't understand, or accept. On the other side, this kind of agreement allows us to reproduce and make available for Assetto Corsa cars like the one you see in the picture.

So, today lot of people tell me that they want so badly in Assetto Corsa the Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio Verde . If to get it in the game we would be asked to include also the next Stelvio SUV as free bonus content, would you complain for it? If yes, probably you would need to turn off your PC or console, open the door, leave the house, close your eyes and take a breath; and relax. Because it looks to me that you are not able anymore to enjoy what is supposed to be your passion. BTW, driving the new PanameraTurbo at the Nordschleife in 7'.39" is a blast, and it is not for everyone. Stay tuned. And take it easy, enjoy your life, you live once"

The Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to be for the latest news, discussions and downloads for Kunos Simulazioni's flagship racing simulation. As with most racing games, online is where the game really shines. Pop over and discover what all the fuss is about, join in one of our epic club and league racing events today!

What do you think of Massarutto's comments? Let us know below!

Last edited:
Looks like there is so many people that have only problem with own ego when somone hates some free content on one of simulation software.

OR

There is so many small children that use this simulation software.

Yep... Nobody...
epcp_0911_22_o+2009_tuner_grand_prix+suv_racing_shot.jpg

Hello Mr.Nobody

it doesn't prove anything, dumbs are everywhere.
Mr Nobody is a dumb with his SUV on a track, and what?
in wich league/championship does he race with his SUV ...?

what about race Citroen 2CV ?
this car has 4 wheels, go race with it, now!
Kunos please!

indeed we can race everything, even a tricycle...,but i didn't bought AC for that.

Last edited:
Hello Mr. Riblo, anybody at home??
Your pic/s shows a marketing session for customer. That's like somebody handels a purple airballon as a gift to you. You c the numberplate "BB"? That's Porsche hometown and privat testingfield next to Stuttgart.
You didn't understand that was the idea that i wanted to show but you are a purist one of that self proclaimed teachers of what a driving game should be...
it doesn't prove anything, dumbs are everywhere.
Mr Nobody is a dumb with his SUV on a track, and what?
in wich league/championship does he race with his SUV ...?

Kunos please!

indeed we can race everything, even a tricycle...,but i didn't bought AC for that.
Yes... If I race a coupe i am cool... If I race another car i am dumb... I like how you are open minded and open to something new...

one advice: Sell AC... It's not Your game...

You didn't understand that was the idea that i wanted to show but you are a purist one of that self proclaimed teachers of what a driving game should be...

Yes... If I race a coupe i am cool... If I race another car i am dumb... I like how you are open minded and open to something new...

one advice: Sell AC... It's not Your game...

ok Chief! i do it right now! :D

you seems to have problem with people who do not have the same opinion as you...lol

just meant SUV were not build for racing, and Mr Nobody on his SUV cannot contradict that.

Anytime we tried to post something who likes from far as a critic.... that's a mess with some members/people , we just cannot gave our feelings if we are a not full agree or happy with everything Kunos do...
and all these things create frustration.

i am polite and i don't break forum rules, by the way i still don't know who is targeted by your warning Andrew...
everyone may be, i hope.

Kunos please!

That actually happends too...
altamirano.jpg

Still dont get so much passion on getting less and less content...
Keep trying guys, you are close to convince Marco and KS that gifts are an insult. Do the math.

Welcome to the wacky world of AC discussion forums, and hell it could've been WAY worse.

i am polite and i don't break forum rules, by the way i still don't know who is targeted by your warning Andrew...
everyone may be, i hope.
Yes, including you. We make no exceptions, including this individual that writes this message. In all seriousness now, this is running long due its validation. So if this back and forth between Kunos are evil marketing leeches and we won't take it and we are dumb peoples that take candy from "strangers" continues I have no problem of applying some of my thread locker here. By the way that isn't my hand. My hand is prettier.
loctite-thread-locker-blue.png

Can't believe how many people are this narrow minded, guys, we are in a mini golden period of racing sims, there are a millions of choices if this somehow for some weird reason ticks you off.....just go out and blow off some steam...

• Deleted member 241736

Try this one then.

And in Japan cargo van racing is totally a thing, and looks fun as hell!

Sure, SUV/Van racing isn't super popular but the claim that nobody would race SUVs is a bit over the top, proven by how popular the Levante turned out to be. I'd totally race the wheels off some SUVs and even cargo vans.
Oh god, you're a real racer not like me also like guitarplaying ...

Did I understand this correctly: The topic is OUR opinion about kunos "free (advertise) content"?
Title says: Marco Massarutto Responds...

Well, you're more than allowed to give away your 2, 4, 5+ cents on the matter, but the back and forth with the customers being dumb or Kunos being moneysucking leeches or just being captalists is over. But if you want to digress on this matter, make sure you add something useful, insightful and that I haven't read in the previous posts of this thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 76 89.4%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 14 16.5%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 14 16.5%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 9 10.6%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 25 29.4%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 29 34.1%