Marco Massarutto Responds to Free Porsche Content Criticism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Porsche DLC Preview Image.jpg

Marco Massarutto, Kunos Simulazioni Licencing Manager and somewhat outspoken unofficial Kunos spokesperson, has responded via his Facebook account to the rather strong criticism from some members of the community following the free Porsche content announcement several days ago.

With feelings running high amongst the community, and many people voicing negative feelings regarding the inclusion of SUV's from the prominent German manufacturer, Massarutto has taken to his personal Facebook profile to respond directly to those vocal critics. As is the usual Massarutto style, no punches have been pulled in the latest statement!

The full Marco Massarutto Facebook statement can be read below:

"Imagine you get into a mall to buy a pair of Lee jeans, and when you go for the check out, the guy at desk tells you "I'm glad to tell you that, since you have purchased this product, you will get this t-shirt for free, offered by Lee".

What do you will answer? Some options:

- I didn't ask for it, just give me my jeans...
- I don't like this t-shirt, I'm not going to wear it
- What are you trying to do? To fill my closet with useless stuff?!
- I've a t-shirt already, I don't need this so-called gift
- Let's do this: give me the jeans for free and keep the t-shirt for you
- If I was interested to a t-shirt, I would have purchased it
- What a waste of time and money, tell Lee to give me a 100$ jacket for free instead
- I'm here for the jeans and you give me a free t-shirt? Shame on you
- So, now Lee gives stuff for free to let me have a taste of it? Shame on them

Sounds weird? Not to some simracers. Sad, but true.

So, about Porsche: few people complain because Assetto Corsa will release - for free, and even if you just own the game but you don't purchase any Porsche DLC - the new Panamera, Cayenne and Macan. Saying the things you can read above. As part of our agreement with Porsche, the Brand asked us to reproduce, for THEIR simulators, ALSO the models included in their current production. For THEIR purposes. Once we worked for months to reproduce those models with the maximum accuracy for Porsche simulators, we believed it would have been a shame do not allow the AC community to enjoy those cars as well. Without charging them. And that's it. Also because we take in consideration that the AC community is so wide today that different people like different cars, something that some blind gamers still don't understand, or accept. On the other side, this kind of agreement allows us to reproduce and make available for Assetto Corsa cars like the one you see in the picture.

So, today lot of people tell me that they want so badly in Assetto Corsa the Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio Verde . If to get it in the game we would be asked to include also the next Stelvio SUV as free bonus content, would you complain for it? If yes, probably you would need to turn off your PC or console, open the door, leave the house, close your eyes and take a breath; and relax. Because it looks to me that you are not able anymore to enjoy what is supposed to be your passion. BTW, driving the new PanameraTurbo at the Nordschleife in 7'.39" is a blast, and it is not for everyone. Stay tuned. And take it easy, enjoy your life, you live once"

The Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to be for the latest news, discussions and downloads for Kunos Simulazioni's flagship racing simulation. As with most racing games, online is where the game really shines. Pop over and discover what all the fuss is about, join in one of our epic club and league racing events today!

What do you think of Massarutto's comments? Let us know below!

Last edited:
Title says: Marco Massarutto Responds...

Well, you're more than allowed to give away your 2, 4, 5+ cents on the matter, but the back and forth with the customers being dumb or Kunos being moneysucking leeches or just being captalists is over. But if you want to digress on this matter, make sure you add something useful, insightful and that I haven't read in the previous posts of this thread.

What do you think of Massarutto's comments? Let us know below!

But to fair here - the OP did ask for peoples opinion on Massarutto's comments.
So if you ask for opinions, be ready for peoples opinions :)

As said, people can chime however the see fit, but when I see back and forth and back and forth talk that leads to nowhere but discord, the thread does not progress, it regresses. And judging by the way the talk is going, it's going the latter than the former, so I'll express over and over again what I said before.

Plus, the only thing I need now in AC is the GT league this Saturday. And then I'll make time for Porsche. ALL A MATTER OF PRIORITIES

• Deleted member 241736

That's it.

<mod-edit: English language please>

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not about free stuff to those who complain such as me, it's about the fact that they could have spent their time creating cars that we want. Imagine if they said "hey we're gonna make some free cars for you guys, what do you want us to make". How many would have said SUV's? Free cars that most of us will not spend any time with are worthless gesture. What they should say is, "hey guys we're being forced by Porsche to include these crappy SUV's but we're giving them away free".

It's not entitlement to not appreciate something.

Oh, so since you bought their product, you feel like you own them and they must work on what you want? The developers can't work on something else because you feel like it's wasting time. So you must know what's best for the company they created? Sorry, but your statement is pretty much the definition of entitlement. :thumbsup:

That was cool, thanks for posting.

It's simple people....racing is racing. Either it's in your blood or it's not. I'll race in anything as long as there's competition.

Edit: Sorry forgot to quote, but I was replying to Brandon's Japanese Dodge Van Video.

Last edited:
That was cool, thanks for posting.

It's simple people....racing is racing. Either it's in your blood or it's not. I'll race in anything as long as there's competition.

Edit: Sorry forgot to quote, but I was replying to Brandon's Japanese Dodge Van Video.
Amen brother.

Maybe its lack of good friends or community for those that get unhappy for free things that isnt right up their ally. We have fun racing ANY type of car. Lots of laughs and good times come out of throwing weird cars around on exciting tracks.

Free is always welcomed and very nice of any company to give it out to its customers.

And Kunos ARE working on other cars (to someone who said they should work on other cars instead). There are 20+ Porsches so im sure there will be lots of exciting cars for everyone.

Kunos responding is cool and their full right as well. And surely its their business and they can decide the content. :cool:

The dissapointment in the simcrowd echoes another point imo:
-Kunos is a small manufacturer with limited workforce.
-Simracers like racecars, we´re not simdrivers.
-Hence the disappointment, if Kunos is not giving us a complete race-series and is rather using its workpower to produce cars that are not in the focus of a racetrack-driver

Btw, i would rather compare it to the typical xmas-tree-situation instead of buying Jeans: You have been wanting/wishing for the cool new monstertruck-racing-demolition-game, and then you get the "cool" SUV-racegame your mother choose to buy, cause she likes shopping carts better. :p

The dissapointment in the simcrowd echoes another point imo:
-Kunos is a small manufacturer with limited workforce.
-Simracers like racecars, we´re not simdrivers.
-Hence the disappointment, if Kunos is not giving us a complete race-series and is rather using its workpower to produce cars that are not in the focus of a racetrack-driver

But Kunos is working even on a side project that is AC pro or whatever it is called. That sim is the ONLY reason Porsche decided to sign an agreement with Kunos. Is that clear?
- You get the Porsche because that workpower were well distributed on a parallel project too
- As a part of that side project, Kunos had to build some SUVs and a track
- That content is becoming (or, in the specific case of BCC it is yet) available for free

Btw, i would rather compare it to the typical xmas-tree-situation instead of buying Jeans: You have been wanting/wishing for the cool new monstertruck-racing-demolition-game, and then you get the "cool" SUV-racegame your mother choose to buy, cause she likes shopping carts better. :p

Nope. It is more like: you will have for xmas what you asked for (=Porsche) and, just because you were a good child at school this past year, you get even a bonus (=Porsche SUVs)

Please don't kill me, this is just my opinion but...
...AC is a good sim?Yes of course!
So why AC users are so...nervous or rude?
I stopped posting on AC forums due to this general attitude (similar situation for rF2 one)...
I think they are acting this way just because they know AC is still missing some basic features so...if you give them an iper-mega-racing car they will be happy and they will say "good, we don't have some basic stuff but you guys rocks!!great car license!!"...if you give them a suv (very funny to drive with friends at black cat country), they will say "come on!!!Why you waste your time modelling them!!!We need some basic features, not to promote some manufacturer suv!!!"
Guys, this is a free gift...take it and don't think at it as a life changer!You have a incredible roster of cars (ferrari, maserati, lamborghini...) but you are going to attack them for 3 suv?Really?

• Deleted member 241736

Please don't kill me, this is just my opinion but...
...AC is a good sim?Yes of course!
So why AC users are so...nervous or rude?
I stopped posting on AC forums due to this general attitude (similar situation for rF2 one)...
I think they are acting this way just because they know AC is still missing some basic features so...if you give them an iper-mega-racing car they will be happy and they will say "good, we don't have some basic stuff but you guys rocks!!great car license!!"...if you give them a suv (very funny to drive with friends at black cat country), they will say "come on!!!Why you waste your time modelling them!!!We need some basic features, not to promote some manufacturer suv!!!"
Guys, this is a free gift...take it and don't think at it as a life changer!You have a incredible roster of cars (ferrari, maserati, lamborghini...) but you are going to attack them for 3 suv?Really?
When it comes to me kunos is a real idealist and a good boy I guess. The point annoying me is the naive way they push the disgust SUVs under. Again: not every present is a wellcome one but inside you have to say thx. A lot of simmer won't that says as you can read. Kunos now is insulted his plan dosen't work - sorry!

Now I know why other companies doesn´t give free bonus content to their customers. Let them pay money for whining about content is much better for a company
Exactly. These still-not-satisfied-with-anything haters causing only that everything will be paid, it also is not adding so much effort/support to devs. Next time they will spend their time on vacation despite of working on some content… :thumbsdown:
Please lock this thread somebody or it will be the longest thread about nothing on Earth! :cautious::laugh:

Exactly. These still-not-satisfied-with-anything haters causing only that everything will be paid, it also is not adding so much effort/support to devs. Next time they will spend their time on vacation despite of working on some content… :thumbsdown:
Please lock this thread somebody or it will be the longest thread about nothing on Earth! :cautious::laugh:

my god, just let people have their own opinions, they hate street cars, you love street cars.
and what ?, do we have to close a thread because some people are not agree with you?
everybody who is not agree with you have a meaningless opinions?
i don't think it works like that

For the years to come, maybe they just want more race cars than there is, even if you find there is already enough race cars.
And people like you prefer street cars and i understand that even if that's not why i bought AC
It's not all about free content this discussion and disagreement
We know devs read us and everybody try to explain what he's expected from AC in months to come.
That's all, let's try to be tolerant, and myself first.
Finally Kunos should better be happy to have such an active and concerned community

excuse my english....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering