Marco Massarutto Responds to Free Porsche Content Criticism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Porsche DLC Preview Image.jpg

Marco Massarutto, Kunos Simulazioni Licencing Manager and somewhat outspoken unofficial Kunos spokesperson, has responded via his Facebook account to the rather strong criticism from some members of the community following the free Porsche content announcement several days ago.

With feelings running high amongst the community, and many people voicing negative feelings regarding the inclusion of SUV's from the prominent German manufacturer, Massarutto has taken to his personal Facebook profile to respond directly to those vocal critics. As is the usual Massarutto style, no punches have been pulled in the latest statement!

The full Marco Massarutto Facebook statement can be read below:

"Imagine you get into a mall to buy a pair of Lee jeans, and when you go for the check out, the guy at desk tells you "I'm glad to tell you that, since you have purchased this product, you will get this t-shirt for free, offered by Lee".

What do you will answer? Some options:

- I didn't ask for it, just give me my jeans...
- I don't like this t-shirt, I'm not going to wear it
- What are you trying to do? To fill my closet with useless stuff?!
- I've a t-shirt already, I don't need this so-called gift
- Let's do this: give me the jeans for free and keep the t-shirt for you
- If I was interested to a t-shirt, I would have purchased it
- What a waste of time and money, tell Lee to give me a 100$ jacket for free instead
- I'm here for the jeans and you give me a free t-shirt? Shame on you
- So, now Lee gives stuff for free to let me have a taste of it? Shame on them

Sounds weird? Not to some simracers. Sad, but true.

So, about Porsche: few people complain because Assetto Corsa will release - for free, and even if you just own the game but you don't purchase any Porsche DLC - the new Panamera, Cayenne and Macan. Saying the things you can read above. As part of our agreement with Porsche, the Brand asked us to reproduce, for THEIR simulators, ALSO the models included in their current production. For THEIR purposes. Once we worked for months to reproduce those models with the maximum accuracy for Porsche simulators, we believed it would have been a shame do not allow the AC community to enjoy those cars as well. Without charging them. And that's it. Also because we take in consideration that the AC community is so wide today that different people like different cars, something that some blind gamers still don't understand, or accept. On the other side, this kind of agreement allows us to reproduce and make available for Assetto Corsa cars like the one you see in the picture.

So, today lot of people tell me that they want so badly in Assetto Corsa the Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio Verde . If to get it in the game we would be asked to include also the next Stelvio SUV as free bonus content, would you complain for it? If yes, probably you would need to turn off your PC or console, open the door, leave the house, close your eyes and take a breath; and relax. Because it looks to me that you are not able anymore to enjoy what is supposed to be your passion. BTW, driving the new PanameraTurbo at the Nordschleife in 7'.39" is a blast, and it is not for everyone. Stay tuned. And take it easy, enjoy your life, you live once"

The Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to be for the latest news, discussions and downloads for Kunos Simulazioni's flagship racing simulation. As with most racing games, online is where the game really shines. Pop over and discover what all the fuss is about, join in one of our epic club and league racing events today!

What do you think of Massarutto's comments? Let us know below!

Last edited:
Not real thrilled about the DLC but it is free. I would rather have seen a '67 911s but...

I have to ask though: Is there a problem with being a guitar player? Just wondering as I play guitar. I do not want it to interfere with being able to race sims.

Not real thrilled about the DLC but it is free. I would rather have seen a '67 911s but...

I have to ask though: Is there a problem with being a guitar player? Just wondering as I play guitar. I do not want it to interfere with being able to race sims.
The dlc is paid, but three cars will be free, maybe each free one released with each pack.

Although blurred teaser, these are the cars from the first pack (+ one free that isn't in this image).

14495488_10207258551496040_6806338076619422118_n.jpg

"by intepretation, implies"

Now you see why this thread is being flooded with this useless pap. I made an on topic post giving reasons why people are not exited about the free DLC, I neither said Kunos should not do it or are wasting their time, yet people posted that I said these things, when I asked them to show where I said these things, they could not. Then people including yourself have decided to "interpret" what I said (or did not say), "Imply" what I meant, and say that I am "suggesting" certain things, obviously looking to be confrontational. This is not why I posted on this forum, but as long as people misrepresent what I say, I will continue to correct it. Please let it go.

Well, well. While you're contrary to this free DLC matter (I have read your points), which it's totally fine. I'll admit that I broke my face in the "no" part, but do you really think making SUV's is a waste of time and (a honest question to you) what classic Porsche cars do you honestly think Kunos could've invested their time on? The way that you posted, by intepretation, implies the "I'll do whatever you want for your license".

And

do you got some over there? I believe it will end soon, as my patience with caring this thread is nearly run out.

Guys, seriously... There was going to be 20 cars released publicly originally (if you remember the first announcements), which was expanded to 21 and then it was decided to also include three additional models in the game that were being developed at Porsche's request for different purposes as free content, simple as that.

How is there anything left to be discussed about it? We don't require you to like or even drive the free cars, they won't pop up like ads when you enter the game, they will sit there to be driven or ignored, just like any other content.

I think it'd be perfectly appropriate now to move on and discuss why you don't like the paid lineup. :)

Fair enough.

I'm here to conversate, debate while moderating the thread for fairness and seeing if people can debate while adding things to value.

And with all due respect, I'm allowed to interpret anything that I read, after all it's the internet man. We don't know whether it's sarcasm or not and debate on it, expand on it.

I'll let this one go, not because you said so, but it's because I'll be going off topic too much on this thread. Ah, you forgot to answer my question nevertheless.

And as I said my patience is already out with this thread going. So popcorn time over gents. Let's wait for the next Porsche thread for the meltdown to start.

MOD: Ok, locked thread for now. This isnt the thread for everyone to tell each other to stay on topic or call out who is stirring the pot either. At this point the relevant discussion is dead, and so shall be the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 85 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 62 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 67 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 41 6.2%