Lola T70 MkII Spyder (rF2)

Cars Lola T70 MkII Spyder (rF2) 2.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Accurate no, but (like we've discussed in the past) I like to set it up so it's at least "animated" in a satisfying way... i.e. a little bit of fade creeps in if you go through a tough section that taxes the brakes or on a long stop from vmax. Might be worth reworking a bit for that, if nothing else. But yes, I absolutely consider brake heat in vanilla a "game mechanic" more than a simulation parameter.

The tint on a few of the skinscreens is quite dark but does allow some light through. It shouldnt stop you seeing where you are going. Here I lined the virtual driver shoulders up with my own and can see plenty from that position. If you find it a real issue you could always use another skin... or you really want to use Mark Donohue? :D

That said, if aphidgod wants to update and does want them changed I'm sure it can be arranged :thumbsup:

I usually drive Surtees', so it doesn't bother me all that much, however how they are now is not perfectly right, and surely not how dark windshields were back in the day :p
They may well be different to real life. I can't remember if I saw pictures from inside or just decided to make them semi-opaque. Also can't remember if all liveries ingame had them in real life or just some of them. It was a long time ago!

@Andy-R If you'd like to update those, I can make the brakes a little hotter and can probably find a couple of things to adjust in the tires...

As far as further work on the model goes, @Davide Nativo , Dan has lost his project files so it's not something we can easily just reopen and tweak.

@Andy-R If you'd like to update those, I can make the brakes a little hotter and can probably find a couple of things to adjust in the tires...

As far as further work on the model goes, @Davide Nativo , Dan has lost his project files so it's not something we can easily just reopen and tweak.
I can do. Full clear or fully opaque like this (looks to be)?
67-Lola-T70-MKIII_DV-09-AI-02-800.jpg

Looks like the top part of that one is fully clear while the yellow bit is opaque?

In the end this is a video game, and 99% of us are on a flat monitor in 2d, so I'd err on the side of functionality and keep them clear. (Or at least less tinted. I remember another mod or two with super dark screens that got dialed back successfully without going full-clear.)

I don't recall them being that dark before, though, were they always like that?

Last edited:
I remember another mod or two with super dark screens that got dialed back successfully without going full-clear.

It was the Russell-Alexis from Stereo

Jason, about the gearsets, I think I found what I was thinking about while driving the KS Ferrari P4. It is true, as you said, that you cannot have both gears and gearsets, but you can have the 'final gear ratio' option, which modifies slightly all of the gears! (and it is a period correct thing)

I can't check now but I seem to remember I did make part clear and part opaque for that car. Maybe I just chucked a full screen tint on some (like the #6) for a bit of variety. If that is the case it should be an easy fix. Basically just delete a file to make them default to full clear.

So... this is what the tinted screen looks like on my end. Are there other skins where it's darker?

Screenshot_lola_t70_rf2_ks_nordschleife_4-12-119-18-8-6.jpg

Edit - yes, there are, and when it's in the shadows it is pretty opaque. I don't think lightening them up a little bit will do any harm at all. :D

Last edited:
I think some model replacements and material/shader adjustments can be done via shader patch extension files so that route might be worth checking out.

Are you up for it? :)

I'm still open to any or all of these changes if we can do it. The model conversion "rights" belong to me, not Dan, so as far as I'm concerned we can do whatever.

Are you up for it? :)

I'm still open to any or all of these changes if we can do it. The model conversion "rights" belong to me, not Dan, so as far as I'm concerned we can do whatever.
I don't know what is actually possible with shaders patch extensions so I'd need to look into it. Reading back the thread only 3d thing I see mentioned is brake glow. Here are the names of the objects for those which can be used in brakes.ini:
lf: hg6_lf_rim_max_SUB4
rf: hg6_rf_tire_max_SUB4
lr: hg6_lr_rim_max_SUB4
rr: hg6_rr_rim_max_SUB4
If you have some kind of list of 3d stuff you can send a pm to me. I have some ideas we could try too.

If you have some kind of list of 3d stuff you can send a pm to me. I have some ideas we could try too.

Nice... I do not have a list. I don't do 3d at all. Best you'll get out of me is some color picking for metal_detail files in the road cars. :D

I'm up to my eyeballs in physics work as it is (still juggling several concurrent projects) so now will not be the time to learn, either. If you guys come up with some things that work and have a point, though, I'm all ears.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.