Lola T70 MkII Spyder (rF2)

Cars Lola T70 MkII Spyder (rF2) 2.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Looking at some onboards it looks like the windscreen vibrates and moves a little bit. Could be worth trying out x4fab's wobbly exhaust damage.ini thing to see how it looks?

Includes some helmets and I deleted files so to install- delete skin folders from both Chevy and Ford Lola T70 folders and then unpack to your main AC folder.

Removed tint from upper screen on all cars other than the modern Dana Chevy livery as it looks pretty dark IRL
DSC_9293.jpg

Last edited:
Superb mod, thanks very much!

I did put a 5* rating up, then deleted 'cos I asked a question that should have been here - seems I can't go back and re-rate it:(

The question was, why isn't there spring rate adjustment? Not a whinge, just curious, and thank you again:)

Includes some helmets and I deleted files so to install- delete skin folders from both Chevy and Ford Lola T70 folders and then unpack to your main AC folder.

Removed tint from upper screen on all cars other than the modern Dana Chevy livery as it looks pretty dark IRL
DSC_9293.jpg
First of all, thanks for the update and the care taken to do so many historic liveries. If you ever go back to it, I'll just leave a suggestion of adding an edited engine texture/nm the the Ford liveries, so the exposed valve covers don't show the original Bonnier Morand Chevy engine, but something more generic instead. :thumbsup:

Superb mod, thanks very much!

I did put a 5* rating up, then deleted 'cos I asked a question that should have been here - seems I can't go back and re-rate it:(

The question was, why isn't there spring rate adjustment? Not a whinge, just curious, and thank you again:)

It's an AC thing... adding in spring rate adjustments means you need ride height adjustment too, since AC won't just give you a car set up the same way but with more rate if you change springs. It'll raise/lower according to the new rates. I felt that opened up too much flexibility for people to just abuse the height adjustment for unrealistic setups.

First of all, thanks for the update and the care taken to do so many historic liveries. If you ever go back to it, I'll just leave a suggestion of adding an edited engine texture/nm the the Ford liveries, so the exposed valve covers don't show the original Bonnier Morand Chevy engine, but something more generic instead. :thumbsup:
Thank you :) I'll take a look but it might be beyond my ability to sort that. I guess it would be best to have in the kn5 but if it is easy I can maybe create something to drop into the Ford skin folders.

@AlleyViper I edited the engine texture to remove the writing, I also changed the colour of the intake trumpets ever so slightly thus creating an illusion so convincing you would never know it has exactly the same engine as the Chevy :cautious:

Edit: Use link in post below

Just drop those two files into each of the Ford skin folders.

Last edited:
Thank you!

Meanwhile, I've tried something for the all_american_racers_30 skin (irl pics) with custom gurney-weslake covers. Unfortunately it's a failed experiment, as the circles present on most V8 ford covers don't really do well on the current concave 3D shape, so I didn't find worth it to create that piece from scratch. I'll be using the generic stripped instead, as it tilts my OCD.
Screenshot_lola_t70_rf2_ford_bridgehampton_8-2-120-0-14-15.jpg
link

Last edited:
aphidgod updated Lola T70 MkII Spyder (rF2) with a new update entry:

Next!

Next one in the queue - bringing this one up to AC2020 spec. There might be another update to come later this year, planning to pick up an additional book on the car this fall and with any luck there will be some new (to me) data in there. For now, though...

Changelog:
  • adjusted various inertias
  • recalculated brakes
  • added fins for aero drag @ yaw
  • completely overhauled tires
  • adjusted fuel consumption
  • new engine texture for the Ford cars (thanks Andy)
  • updated...

Read the rest of this update entry...

There might be another update to come later this year, planning to pick up an additional book on the car this fall and with any luck there will be some new (to me) data in there.

Alright, what is this additional book? My bookshelves might need it...

Yeah, I wish there was an easier way to force external sound to the interior cameras. Sadly AC has its limitations, especially on the audio side.

The book I'm after is called "Lola T70: The Racing History & Individual Chassis Record" by John Starkey. I used bits of it for the original physics, but I was relying on the free preview at Amazon for that. Hoping there will be some things in the full book that I missed. :)

Last edited:
The Ford engine is using AmpliedNL's first version of his GT40 sound, you can try the later ones (link).
IIRC that version was particularly quiet on the exterior (can't launch ac right now to check).

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back