Live Telemetry

Apps Live Telemetry 1.6.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
"Thanks but is it crashing the app in any way? All that does is to read the file, does not parse its content."

It does asume its a text file, you map it to an "OrderedDict()" which is text only, so on binary files it threw an error for me...

Thats not what the documentation says:

"An OrderedDict is a dict that remembers the order that keys were first inserted. If a new entry overwrites an existing entry, the original insertion position is left unchanged. Deleting an entry and reinserting it will move it to the end."

It does not sort any element and, event if it did, the keys are always the file name. ;)

ok i got that wrong, its
open(file_path, 'r')
which opens the file as text file

open(file_path, 'rb')
would be for binary files, so above solution is still valid

You've got a point, today I'll try to run some test on binary files to see it raises an exception. But my guess is a best solution to read all files as binary and then let the modules to choose how to read the file buffer as they want, if someone wants to add some custom component on the mod.

ok i got that wrong, its
open(file_path, 'r')
which opens the file as text file

open(file_path, 'rb')
would be for binary files, so above solution is still valid

Tested here, there is no exception when reading a binary file as text, the resulting string is wrong, but no exception is raised.

I can however load all as binary data and then pass a decode argument to the get_file method as the open function uses default OS encode (aka locale.getpreferredencoding()) on text files.

"You've got a point, today I'll try to run some test on binary files to see it raises an exception. But my guess is a best solution to read all files as binary and then let the modules to choose how to read the file buffer as they want, if someone wants to add some custom component on the mod. "

Well i had this with a "desktop.ini" packed into "data.acd", idk if it worked, but i had the error in the log...
If there are any binary files in there, - i would - just skip them, you wouldn't know how to parse them anyway...

Thanks XuCrUtz. Unfortunately v1.5 is not displaying anything other than a new master control window - the four corners at the wheels are not displaying any status at all.
I had this problem, and i went in CM into Settings/Apps/Live Telemetry, and theres some boxes named En, Fl, Fr, Rl, Rr. All of them were unticked. I ticked them all and now it works like a charm

Last edited:
blank, there's nothing on them... any ideas?

I had this problem, and i went in CM into Settings/Apps/Live Telemetry, and theres some boxes named En, Fl, Fr, Rl, Rr. All of them were unticked. I ticked them all and now it works like a charm

Uhmmm, I'll try to do this to test whats going on in the app when they are unchecked first. Thanks for the tip. ;)

It will be useful to log all car data as a csv file?

Currently it only exports the original and calculated data that each window is using.

Hello,

I wanted to know why i can't see the app at all. I'm running the 64bit version of AC with the newest Sol 1.51 and CSP v1.57.
I tried enabling and disabling the views with the settings app in game but the windows won't show any graphics and i also tried a clean reinstall of the app to be safe.
I tested with a mod car and the Kunos C7R on Leguna Seca.

Capture.PNG

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back