Live Telemetry

Apps Live Telemetry 1.6.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
I've posted this as a review, but I think this is a better place :) And in the meanwhile did some additional testing.

I use version 1.6.0. When I start the game, only one wheel is visible. When I hoover over the other wheels, I can see the overlay with the pin icon, but nothing else. When I turn the engine bar off and on, the other wheels appear, but all the information except from the engine meter is frozen.

When I quit the game with the engine meter off, everything appears fine when I start the game and all the info is correctly updating.

Attachments

• log.txt
    79 KB · Views: 89
  • py_log.txt
    21.3 KB · Views: 110
Hello, a small question, can the positions be synchronized, this can be useful if one lap is ahead of another, we can see who brakes later, ...

Attachments

• 20200612_115026.jpg
    20200612_115026.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 84
  • 20200612_115049.jpg
    20200612_115049.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 83
Thanks for developing on AC! A couple of things:

1. Will this work in replay mode? it's much easier to see suspension travel and get the same warnings about travel and even shift points in a passive manner than drive at speed

2. Have looked into the "wings" app? A lot of us struggle with not being able to get aero data out of AC and into something like motec. Is that something you think you could possible look into? Right now that data can been seen via AIM but not Motec. I think the person who developed ACTI moved on so someone stepping into that void would be a major help

1. Will this work in replay mode? it's much easier to see suspension travel and get the same warnings about travel and even shift points in a passive manner than drive at speed

2. Have looked into the "wings" app? A lot of us struggle with not being able to get aero data out of AC and into something like motec. Is that something you think you could possible look into? Right now that data can been seen via AIM but not Motec. I think the person who developed ACTI moved on so someone stepping into that void would be a major help

I haven't been able to get the app to work with AC lately. What version of Sol and Shaders Patch do you use? And are you Using CM?

1. The shared memory does not work on the replay mode, I'm not getting any data on it.

2. No, but it's hard to do it because the game does not give you those details. Do not even give me the setup configuration. I can load car aero specifications but can't give you information about what's being simulating in the game besides speed, air density, air temperature, wind speed, wind direction, ride height (for some ground effect)...

I haven't been able to get the app to work with AC lately. What version of Sol and Shaders Patch do you use? And are you Using CM?

I'm currently using the latests CM and SP available with no problem, yesterday I recorded a test video to show the nem look of the app. (spoiler alert) I'm trying to show the ABS status (there is no game data available but I can calculate it through the brake.ini file). What car are you using to test the app?

Hello, a small question, can the positions be synchronized, this can be useful if one lap is ahead of another, we can see who brakes later, ...

Are you talking about synchronizing more than one .csv file? That's more complex but can be done as an options to start the app data record only when passing through the start line, maybe?

I've posted this as a review, but I think this is a better place :) And in the meanwhile did some additional testing.

I use version 1.6.0. When I start the game, only one wheel is visible. When I hoover over the other wheels, I can see the overlay with the pin icon, but nothing else. When I turn the engine bar off and on, the other wheels appear, but all the information except from the engine meter is frozen.

When I quit the game with the engine meter off, everything appears fine when I start the game and all the info is correctly updating.

That should be a drawing problem, the app is saving normally the csv data. I'll test it today.

Anyone:

Alberto: I'll post here some test builds to work with the ABS system. Anyone can test it and post some feedbacks.

For now I moved the pressure icon to the bottom of each window and added a red brake icon above it. It'll only show when the car is moving with the brake pedal pressed and the wheel is stationary. The next step will be read the brake.ini data to load the ABS system configurations and simulate it as a blue brake whenever the system would activate.

1.7.0-beta

For every car and track combo I've tried (including the kunos C7R and Kunos Leguna Seca) the app looks as follows: All the stuff is enabled, and in their original spot since 1.5. But i dunno why it's not working now. Should i just reinstall the app, because all i did was overwrite the old version.

[UPDATE]:

I actually just tried to reinstall it and it still doesn't work, still get the outcome below.
Capture2.PNG
Capture3.PNG

Attachments

• Capture.png
    Capture.png
    448.7 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
For every car and track combo I've tried (including the kunos C7R and Kunos Leguna Seca) the app looks as follows: All the stuff is enabled, and in their original spot since 1.5. But i dunno why it's not working now. Should i just reinstall the app, because all i did was overwrite the old version.

[UPDATE]:

I actually just tried to reinstall it and it still doesn't work, still get the outcome below.View attachment 390319View attachment 390320

It does not look a bad configuration, everything is ok with the config file.
As I don't know whats happening in your computer, can you send me the py_log?

A clean install could solve the problem, but then we wouldn't know what causes the compatibility problem. If you want to just try the new version, remove the app folder entirely before installing it again. ^^

1. The shared memory does not work on the replay mode, I'm not getting any data on it.

2. No, but it's hard to do it because the game does not give you those details. Do not even give me the setup configuration. I can load car aero specifications but can't give you information about what's being simulating in the game besides speed, air density, air temperature, wind speed, wind direction, ride height (for some ground effect)...

With the aero app enabled the .act telemetry file does contain that info and it can be loaded into AIM software. Just not motec. So it is capturing it to an output file.

With the aero app enabled the .act telemetry file does contain that info and it can be loaded into AIM software. Just not motec. So it is capturing it to an output file.

That's interesting, I didn't know about that. Looking into that, the game itself writes this file on the end of the session, but do not provides it on the shared memory or python API for the apps to use. =/

Alrighty, here is the py_log with all my apps installed. And here is another one with just LiveTelemetry.

Attachments

• py_log - AllMyAppsEnabled.txt
    18.7 KB · Views: 87
  • py_log - OnlyLT.txt
    16.8 KB · Views: 83
Alrighty, here is the py_log with all my apps installed. And here is another one with just LiveTelemetry.

[LiveTelemetry: error] Traceback (most recent call last):
File "apps/python/LiveTelemetry\LiveTelemetry.py", line 158, in acUpdate
ENGINE_INFO.update()
File "apps/python/LiveTelemetry\lib\lt_engine_info.py", line 122, in update
component.update(self.__data)
AttributeError: 'RPMPower' object has no attribute 'update'

Actually that's a real problem that still persists in the present code. I don't know why it's not crashing my app right now.

But it's easy to fix, I'll release the fix today still.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 32 24.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 26 20.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 23 17.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 14 10.8%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 7 5.4%