AC Live Stream: WEC Multiclass @ Spa OSRW - Sat 05May18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
So hyped about this race guys. Don't think I've stopped talking about it for the last week at work at home with friends lol. Longer distance makes it more fun regarding strategies, tyres, fuel etc. Really looking forward to it.

Not to mention the pre-race practice and tire testing. :thumbsup::):):)

My wife hasn't seen me in nearly a week.;)

The distance isn't really so great, I'm figuring about 280 km or about 175 miles. The problem is the time ... 90 minutes is kinda tough on an old guy's bladder. Thank goodness Bobby stops mid-way through so us old timers can go pee.

Mark me down as reserve in the porsche
You've got it Pauli:D
81703.jpg

Not to mention the pre-race practice and tire testing. :thumbsup::):):)

My wife hasn't seen me in nearly a week.;)

The distance isn't really so great, I'm figuring about 280 km or about 175 miles. The problem is the time ... 90 minutes is kinda tough on an old guy's bladder. Thank goodness Bobby stops mid-way through so us old timers can go pee.
It's why it's called a PIT stop: Pee Insulin Therapy:p Should be able to take care of that in about 40 seconds Ted:cool:

@AJ McDaddy @Gjedde @Jani1980
We need to know your car choices the latest by 21:00 GMT this evening.
If you do not declare a car before then, we will select the cars ourselves and you may get a car that you don't wish to drive.
Drivers, since this is a Multi Manufacturer Multi Class event, please have your car choice in by 17:00 EDT | 21:00 GMT Friday to guarantee your car selection so we can finalize the practice server for Saturday morning and the race server for later that day. Late signup's get what's left on a first come first served basis. Thank you for understanding.

Guys, I got Pro tyres working after being a noob. It shows under tyre life [Not calibrated]. Is this because I need to do laps on that compound for it to calculate? Only had a quick go and won't chance until practice tomorrow.

Coming from a fellow old fart, I can highly recommend this race seat, especially for those longer races!
6000197463729.jpg

Guys, I got Pro tyres working after being a noob. It shows under tyre life [Not calibrated]. Is this because I need to do laps on that compound for it to calculate? Only had a quick go and won't chance until practice tomorrow.
First you need to make sure you have the latest version and make sure you keep it updated from time to time. Jens Roos is great about keeping it updated. Now you need to go out and run each compound you're interested in. Get 5 - 10 timed laps and you should see some retaliative numbers. You can do only 1 - 2 laps, but I think you get a better calibration doing a few more:thumbsup:

First you need to make sure you have the latest version and make sure you keep it updated from time to time. Jens Roos is great about keeping it updated. Now you need to go out and run each compound you're interested in. Get 5 - 10 timed laps and you should see some retaliative numbers. You can do only 1 - 2 laps, but I think you get a better calibration doing a few more:thumbsup:

Thanks Bobby, hopefully run this in practice to decide. Hyped!

Im probably not able to make the show-up one hour before official practice starts as it states in the OP. I will however be able to make normal practice start. I dont know if this is a problem? Ill do some laps on the server this afternoon anyhow.

Im probably not able to make the show-up one hour before official practice starts as it states in the OP. I will however be able to make normal practice start. I dont know if this is a problem? Ill do some laps on the server this afternoon anyhow.
I'm a little confused as to what you mean. If you mean that you cannot join the practice server before official practice (19:00 GMT) then that is okay. We require drivers to be present BEFORE qualifying starts to hear the briefing about track position. If you are late to this, you will have to ask @Bobby Pennington or @Brewer to see if and when you can join the session.
Really sorry, but I'm going to have to withdraw from this race due to health issues. Sorry for the late notification
Sorry to hear that AJ :(. Thats no problem at all :thumbsup: Its Spa so don't worry, we're bound to run it soon again :D
Hey Bobby

Could I take AJay spot?

I would do the Prosche

Thank you
Ant
Sure thing Ant :thumbsup: Welcome aboard!

SERVER ANNOUNCEMENT:

For anyone racing this evening, please read and review post #2:

RaceDepartment.com EU WEC Practice #38 server will be provided.
Weather and BoP conditions for offline practice:

• Temp: 19c-23c
  • Time of day: 11:00 a.m. Mid Clear
  • Wind: 1 - 12 KPH Direction: SW Variation: 20
GT2/E BoP:
  • BMW nothing
  • Corvette 20kg / 35% Restrictor
  • Ferrari 0kg / 15% Restrictor
  • Porsche 20kg / 30% Restrictor
Drivers, since this is a Multi Manufacturer Multi Class event, please have your car choice in by 17:00 EDT | 21:00 GMT Friday to guarantee your car selection so we can finalize the practice server for Saturday morning and the race server for later that day. Late signup's get what's left on a first come first served basis. Thank you for understanding.

If you sign up, show up or sign out no later than 1 hour before Official Practice starts. Failure to do so will prohibit you from participating in the next Multi Class event. Thank you for understanding.

There will be a drivers meeting after official practice to make sure we're all on the same page.

Our first MC event went off very well thanks to the drivers working together and has set us up for many more of these events. We may be live streamed from time to time so let's show the public how it's done. When it is streamed, the field will be +1 unless we are on a track that only has 24 grid slots. We're trying to avoid small grids because of the popularity, but some of the Mod Tracks are very GPU / CPU demanding and not optimized very well.

Qualifying will be expanded to 40 minutes. This gives a little more time for each class and we can take a break while the other class is on track. Don't be late returning. Race will go off on time whether your in your car or not. That goes for me too:thumbsup: The format remains the same:

LMP Cars
have the track for the first 20 minutes. If you cross the start finish line before the countdown clock hits 20:00 minutes you may finish that hotlap and then return to the pits.

GT2/E Cars start rolling out of their pit box when the clock hits 20:00.

LMP Drivers: Please make sure to have your headlights on so it's easy for the GT2 drivers to identify you. Please take care and patience when and where you pass especially if two GT2 cars are fighting for position. They will allow you to pass asap. NO RAGE QUITTING. If you do, you will not be allowed to participate in the next Multi Class event.

GT2/E Drivers:
Please take care to not have your headlights on. Only the LMP cars should have them on so they can be easily identified in our mirrors. The LMP cars are much faster, so please do not try and race them to prolong the inevitable pass that they WILL make. Just hold your line and speed.
You must obey BLUE FLAGS. Those of us in this class will be lapped, I'm sure, by the LMP cars many times.
If you're battling for position with another GT2 car, it is the LMP cars responsibility to make the pass in a safe way and your responsibility to give them adequate room when they do. Just hold your racing line. They have the power and grip to just fly by. NO RAGE QUITTING. If you do, you will not be allowed to participate in the next Multi Class event.
A message to all Drivers
If you run off track, you have to check and see that its clear before you re-enter the track. Do not just keep the gas pinned and pull back on track.
When entering the track from the pits stay off the racing line until you are up to speed and do not race on your out lap. Let other drivers by in qualifying.
On re-entering the track stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car. Remember, you've made the mistake by going off so let them by cleanly.
Golden Rule

1. Be 100% sure it's not your fault and just carry on like nothing happened and take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Play on the safe side and wait for the affected drivers, knowing 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a complete lift of the gas please if it is safe to do so.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in teamspeak. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium member.
As well as the club regulations:
Racing Club Regulations said:
Events at RaceDepartment.com are therefore governed by our Premium Membership Agreement. The following rules are part of that agreement:

Golden Rule
If you hit another driver during a Club race and disadvantage them, you are required to slow (or stop your car if necessary) to let the other driver regain the position on you. This shows respect to your fellow drivers and will encourage drivers to be more careful. Please use some care when letting the other driver regain position, and do not immediately stop your car on the racing line where it can cause further accidents.

If it's reported and confirmed that you do not allow the driver you disadvantaged to regain their position by the end of that lap then you will receive an immediate 30 day ban from racing on RaceDepartment servers.

Additional Rules
  1. We always use our real name in racing games, TeamSpeak and on the forum we have created a special user field in your profile to show your real name to other premium members. Click here if you don't know how to change your in-game name to your real name.
  2. When you have signed up for an event we expect you to be there. If for any reason you can not make it you can sign out up until one hour prior to the practice session. Signing up means you are committed to finishing the entire race.
  3. If you are involved in an accident, do not leave your car parked on the driving line where it can cause interference to other drivers or further accidents. Return to the pit box safely and repair your car to continue the race.
  4. If you accidentally leave the track for whatever reason you must wait until there is a clear, safe gap before rejoining the track. Upon rejoining the track you must get up to speed as quickly as possible without blocking the racing line.
  5. Never attempt U-turns on the racing line as you will cause an accident.
  6. Do not alter your line or braking for a faster car behind you. Unpredictable moves have a way of ending the race for both of you. Let the faster car dictate when and where to initiate a pass, and only then assist by easing off of the throttle.
  7. Do not deliberately cut the track. The white (or yellow) lines mark the edge of the road. Do not cross them with more than two wheels.
  8. Try and discuss any incidents with the other drivers involved after the race in a friendly manner. If you feel stressed out by an accident then take 24 hours to calm down, review the replays of the incident and resolve it in a mature way via PM. Do not make angry posts about it on the forum. If you cannot resolve the problem then please contact the staff member whom organised your race via PM, sending them an incident report that follows the procedure outlined here.
  9. Follow all safety rules as if you were in a real car on a real track; use the pit speed limiter in pit lane, observe all safety flags and lights, no donuts in the pit lane or on the track, no deliberate distraction of other drivers, etc.
  10. During official race sessions (qualification & race) written chat is not allowed.
  11. It's strictly forbidden to record and broadcast the real names of our members and/or TeamSpeak voice-chat via YouTube, Twitch and/or other media unless you have permission from all the drivers in the session to stream it.
I wish everyone the best of luck this evening :thumbsup:
I'll be tuning into the stream and looking forward to seeing some great racing and intense competition :)

You never have to be on the server 1 hour before official practice starts:) I don't even want to do that:thumbsup:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 17 23.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 6.9%