Lewis Hamilton Larbalestier

A1 Ring always produced good races, id like to see F1 back there or Estoril for definite.
Back to Hamilton though i think it's completely unfair to label him a cheat because he was unsure what action to take for a split second, if he kept his foot in it he would have cleared th SC and kept up with Vettel, Alonso was never going to clear the SC. Also to insinuate he gets special treatment, that certainly wasn't the case in Spa 08 when he obeyed the rules and was still penalised for it.

A1 Ring always produced good races, id like to see F1 back there or Estoril for definite.

I think A1 is not ready, still works going on there and Estoril was ruin by Mr Ecclestone ideias, he demand changes and improvements, we do the work but F1 never came back to Estoril.

But with those price tickets it's better to stay away. I watch F1 live in Estoril from 1983 to 1990 and 1992, but now with 4 people at home who want to see a F1 GP, that would cost about 1200 euros in tickets, no way!

Another rule that with the end of re-fueling don’t make sense any more is the minimum time to reach the box after the Safety Car was deployed, now the box entry may stay closed until all cars were behind the SC, because now there’s no risk of anyone getting out of fuel.

but i do want to say this guys. when you are in the cockpit its very hard to think. you do things without thinking what will happen because of it. that is prbably the case here. hamilton was coming fast to the safety car came too early for lewis to slow down. he decided to overtake it because he didn't think he could slow down fast enough. why fia didn't radio to lewis to get back behind the sc idk but i don't think it was the best call from my perspective.

The fault is not Lewis's. It's rules about the Safety Car and SC Period and pitting under SC conditions. Make it something simpler and plain please!

I think when a SC occurs, use a remote device to decrease all cars' speed automaticly. Is it so hard ?

It is Lewis fault, if the rule says "You can´t overtake the safety car" it is clear, even if there is a monkey pushing the "deploy safety car" button in a completely random way, if it appears infront of you, you can´t overtake it. Only id Safety Car is on Green Lights it can be overtaked, and it was not (thing I can´t understand).

Apart of this, James, if you read the FIA rules, article 6.3 it says that 3 penaltys can be applied when someone breaks the rules...
1.- Drive trought
2.- Stop & Go
3.- Positions on next GP qualifycation

In my opinion, as the penalty was applied LATE and had no effect on Lewis race what was totally unfair the correct decision would have been at least a Stop and Go wich means a drive throught + 10 seconds stoped on your pit. But the idea was not to penalice Lewis for the adventage unfairly taken, isn´t it? :)

Lewis has had the FIA lapping at his feet the second he joined F1, firstly he is the first black driver in F1, great for publicity in the sport. Also, Hamilton had been given a seat in McLaren, a championship winning team immeaditately after winning GP2 (by about 3 points I think from Piquet) now look at all the next winners of GP2 - Rosberg - won by about 20something points, Williams
- Hulkenberg - won by about 30something points - Williams
I know Hamilton had made a deal with Ron Dennis to join McLaren when he was 12 (which is, of course the normal age to be scouting F1 drivers.) yes he is a fantastic racing driver (4th on pure talent behind Alonso, Kubica and Vettel) but since he has joined F1 he has been the centre of attention. Maybe I think this because I am constantly hearing "LEWIIIISSS" from James Allen on ITV a few years back, now thankfully the commentators now aren't as biased. Just look at this season, he was caught in Melbourne speeding and driving wrecklessly, and basically nothing was done, we also look last year when he passed Trulli under the safety car to get a podium. Yet his team boss was blamed for that, when it was actually Lewis who performed it. As David has said, the Petrov swerving incident broke the rules and nothing more was done. It's not that I have something against Hamilton, just is the FIA want to be fair, they need to be fair to everyone. If this was say Webber, Alonso or Rosberg - a different penalty would of been handed out.

And I can;t remember who said it, but you cannot say Red Bull are favoured. Webber at Nurburgring last year is an example, he was given a stop and go penalty for "dangerous driving" when clearly, he did nothing. Hamilton has had lots of occasions where his wreckless driving has gone unseen and just been labelled as "His will to win"

David... :D i love you, you know darling :D BUT :) from my point of view and with what i heard on team radio from Ferrari... Alonso "loose" the race only because the team make a mistake with his first stop... bad calcul and was behind some guys who will not be there... there he loose enough time behind Koba and thats why Lewis dont loose P2 when he make the DT... :) dont think the rules is bad... only engineer from Ferrari... :)

Also i must say Alonso wouldnt of got pass the SC in time whether hamilton backed off or not.. If hamilton didnt back off he would of made the line in time to legally be infront of the SC.

thing i wander is why overtake the safety car anyhow. if you pass the sc, what do you do then? go around the track and get back in position. i know it's hard to use common sense in a race car because trust me i'm a racer myself but if you see a safety car don't overtake it and go back around just slow down and let sc get in front of you. that's what i would've done (hopefully will do in the future :D).

David... :D i love you, you know darling :D BUT :) from my point of view and with what i heard on team radio from Ferrari... Alonso "loose" the race only because the team make a mistake with his first stop... bad calcul and was behind some guys who will not be there... there he loose enough time behind Koba and thats why Lewis dont loose P2 when he make the DT... :) dont think the rules is bad... only engineer from Ferrari... :)

It was not the case Greg (and I love you too :D)... safety Car appeared infront of Hamilton (who overtook it breaking the rules) and Alonso had to wait behind the Safety Car until he got orders to overtake it from Race Direction and exactly the same to Felippe Massa. Ferrari Race was ruined there, or even better, Vettel and Hamilton races where won there.

It was not the case Greg (and I love you too :D)... safety Car appeared infront of Hamilton (who overtook it breaking the rules) and Alonso had to wait behind the Safety Car until he got orders to overtake it from Race Direction and exactly the same to Felippe Massa. Ferrari Race was ruined there, or even better, Vettel and Hamilton races where won there.

The safety car appeared in the pitlane exit. Hamilton was allowed to pass it provided the safety car hadn't crossed the safety car line. Hamilton hesitated and as a result the safety car crossed the line 2m ahead of but much to the side of Hamilton. The visibility to the side of an F1 car is poor even assuming you look 90 degrees to ones side when you are driving. Hamilton was looking forward - he could not know who crossed the line first. Check out the on-board camera view from Hamilton's car. The safety car isn't in view as they cross the line.

It clearly wasn't deliberate.

Cmon, this onboard view is not the driver view, a driver have more or less around 200º angle view... anyway I give up guys. To me it will be still the same, race was decided by Race Direction and Hamilton did cheated.

Cmon, this onboard view is not the driver view, a driver have more or less around 200º angle view... anyway I give up guys. To me it will be still the same, race was decided by Race Direction and Hamilton did cheated.

Well still you cant see much because of the High side walls on the cars + The limited view of the visor..

Well still you cant see much because of the High side walls on the cars + The limited view of the visor..

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 49 87.5%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 15 26.8%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 19 33.9%