Lewis Hamilton Larbalestier

your right. i looked at hamilton's as well and hamilton was looking forward. the sc was on the side of him. fia shouldn't penalize someone because of the staff's mistake. the safety car came too late for hamilton to do anything and hamilton did slow dwon as the safety car was on the side of lewis. fia you guys really ruin what should be the world's biggest racing series including the fastest cars and best drivers and facilities.

Cmon, this onboard view is not the driver view, a driver have more or less around 200º angle view... anyway I give up guys. To me it will be still the same, race was decided by Race Direction and Hamilton did cheated.

Didnt realise cockpit protection on an F1 car was transparent.
The viewing angle of an f1driver is about 160° if it's 200 or 180 for that matter Vettel needs to be penalised too as he turned in on Hamilton at turn 2 lap 1. Vettel didn't see Hamilton as he was in a relatively similar position to the safety car as it was along side Hamilton.

Didnt realise cockpit protection on an F1 car was transparent.
The viewing angle of an f1driver is about 160° if it's 200 or 180 for that matter Vettel needs to be penalised too as he turned in on Hamilton at turn 2 lap 1. Vettel didn't see Hamilton as he was in a relatively similar position to the safety car as it was along side Hamilton.

Hamilton clearly sees the SC as he brakes first, then doubts, and then overtakes.

Maybe he braked because... because... well... because.

Quoted by the Press Association on Tuesday, Hamilton was asked whether Alonso's moaning was a simple case of sour grapes.

"Yeah," said Hamilton. "I even saw him overtaken by a Sauber [Kamui Kobayashi] on the big screen. It's very unlike him to be overtaken by a Sauber so he must have been completely in another world. But I don't understand why I affected his race so much.

"Everyone has a right to their opinion, and he must be disappointed with his own result, but I didn't do anything to him."

Hamilton clearly sees the SC as he brakes first, then doubts, and then overtakes.
That sounds totally consistent with a process of thought "There's the safety car - hang on he's in the pitlane, what now? Right - I'm OK until he crosses the line, so I'm off"

Initial braking, then pausing, then acceleration.

Whatever way you read that side of it, whether the inital breach was deliberate or accidental, Hamilton was deemed to have broken the rules and he did receive a punishment.

He knows, as every other race driver how tyres affect performance, so he's acting like the surprised good boy ignoring the facts on propose.

Very Lewis by the way... I remember this actitude from Hungary 2007, he broke the team internal agreement working all season, then pissed alonso who blocked him, then went to marshalls, then act like that agreement they were doing during all season never existed, and Alonso blocked him for no reason, poor guy, he's just sooooo innocent :rolleyes:

As Ross stated before, Hamilton NEVER gets real punishment for his acts, opposite to webber for instance, the guy can't move and has the FIA after him.

What happened at Spa 2008? :confused:

Oh you mean when Hamilton jumped the chicane, then attacked on Kimi and got penalty... LOL

That is like I caught the ball with to hands to avoid a goal and I'm not the goalkeeper, incredibli clear! :D

You can not take adventaje of jumping a chicane, and even when hamilton let Kimi pass, he did it in a way that he prepared the overtake in the next corner, so he got adventage of jumpin the chicane. Further than that, as you see in the video, he could avoid jumping it just braking (0:12s) but chooses to jump it to don't loose speed and exit very close to Kimi with same speed (0:17 to 0:20), thinking in attack inmediatly (0:20 in advance) , which is exactly what FIA stated), so man, if you think this decision has the slightly doubt of being unfair found a LH fanclub :tongue:

Yes, but as usual with him, this punishement was scheduled and measured to have no effect :)
Hmmm, I think that you could replace the word "him" with the word "Ferrari", and it would be easily as justified.

No-one is ever completely satisfied with rules and rulings, someone always suffers, and often it's the people you don't like who are perceived to come off best.

Don’t forget 2008, were some new rules were made after Lewis did something, just to punish him.

Before there was a rule that you have to give your position back after cutting, after that you also couldn’t take advantage of that, something that wasn't never mention before.

Then was a even better, you just can’t brake to late and go off at the first corner, even if you don’t touch anyone. This one was really amazing and they invented in that right moment.

After that, a red car brake to late and hit Hamilton in side/rear on purpose and again ruin is race and guess what, he grab just the same penalty.

Even with all that against him, in the last minute he still manage to be World Champion.

Because he in 2009 don't have a car to fight for the championship you never hear about the stewards in that year, but in 2010 the man leads the championship and here they come again.

Don’t forget 2008, were some new rules were made after Lewis did something, just to punish him.

Before there was a rule that you have to give your position back after cutting, after that you also couldn’t take advantage of that, something that wasn't never mention before.

Then was a even better, you just can’t brake to late and go off at the first corner, even if you don’t touch anyone. This one was really amazing and they invented in that right moment.

After that, a red car brake to late and hit Hamilton in side/rear on purpose and again ruin is race and guess what, he grab just the same penalty.

Even with all that against him, in the last minute he still manage to be World Champion.

Because he in 2009 don't have a car to fight for the championship you never hear about the stewards in that year, but in 2010 the man leads the championship and here they come again.

^^ Nothing more to say. :)
But i stop here. You guys need to blame FIA but it started at the beginning (thread title for example) as Hamilton bashing party.
And like i said before i am also not a Hamilton fan more a Petrov, Kubica, Kobayashi fan. So can easy say i am not biased unlike some others.

Sergio said:
All the opposite... he does something, as is said in F1, against the spirit of the rules, and then AFTER Hamilton does it (so he gets no punishement) they change it.

Tell me where the punishement is if I kill a person and judge says: "Ok, from now in advance, if you kill a person you go to jail, but Xosé does not have to go".

Before there was that you have to give your position back after cutting, after that you also couldn’t take advantage of that, something that wasn't never mention before.
Because it is OBVIOUS in a sport. If not, every driver will cut the chicane to prepare the overtake in next corner :D

You can, but in this care, Hamilton could stick to the line just braking more in the midde of the chicane, but he decides tu jump it, see second 12.

You can only jump parts of the track if you have no chance to avoid it, Hamilton had chance, but he realized he will loose too much ground to Kimi on the exit.

That is fan talk.

You never heard about stewards in 2009? LOL, I did a lot, in fact they introduced the drivers consulting group this year because 2009 experience...

^^ Nothing more to say. :)
But i stop here. You guys need to blame FIA but it started at the beginning (thread title for example) as Hamilton bashing party.
And like i said before i am also not a Hamilton fan more a Petrov, Kubica, Kobayashi fan. So can easy say i am not biased unlike some others.

You can stop where you want, but that does not give you any reason, only arguments do. You can say you are not biased or whatever, but only arguments count :)

And thinking that if somebody changes a rule AFTER you broke it, so nobody can do the same you did anymore without get a penalty you did not get, is going against you, is against any logic.

Murder example again. I kill you, and after I do, if somebody kills other person he goes to jail, but I won't. Poor me.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 12.3%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 9 12.3%
  • Thursday

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • Friday

Votes: 30 41.1%
  • Saturday

Votes: 36 49.3%