Lewis Hamilton Larbalestier

My word for this race:

mafixd.png

Thanks for making the F1 a rich set :poop:

Pff Alonso was again a big cry baby.
He got also a lesson in driving from Kobayashi in the end. Good driver Alonso but needs to drive more and less complaining.

Sorry? Yeah, next time he have to spit on the rules and overtake the safety car... you are right Ivo.

By the way, he got a driving leasson from someone on new soft tyres when he was on hard tyres for 54 laps... I guess you are joking mate.

Anyway, thanks to the moron deploying the safety car between P1 and P2/3, was a good way to decide the race.

Well, beyond all the **** written in the rule books, I do think there is firstly a big issue with penalties, and the way they are applied, they seem just not adapted.

If you do something wrong in early-race : You get a DT and lose 10 or 15 seconds
If you do something wrong in late-race : Your incident is investigated after the race, and then, you get a 25 seconds penalty (because the only other possible sanction in the rules is a disqualification)

There is a referee to apply rules James, they can´t admit a driver wins more breaking the rules than respecting them because this way next race you will get 10 cars overtaking the safety car. It is as simple as putting a 2 drive through penalty to compensate what the cheater have won with his action, 3 if needed...

Question 2, was that hard to watchj a replay of the action? Why did it took Marshalls almost 20 laps to penalice Lewis?

Sorry? Yeah, next time he have to spit on the rules and overtake the safety car... you are right Ivo.

By the way, he got a driving leasson from someone on new soft tyres when he was on hard tyres for 54 laps... I guess you are joking mate.

Anyway, thanks to the moron deploying the safety car between P1 and P2/3, was a good way to decide the race.

Lewis didnt know what to do and decided to overtake the safety car. He just trust his guts like a racer. And he got a penalty afterwards. Thats what i mean with Alonso he thinks to much and doesnt race anymore. Same with Schumacher incident at Monaco. Its a shame because if he focus more on racing he would be in the top 3 of the Championship.

Ivo, if he trust his race engineers or he don´t is fine with me. Same that if you are playing a football match, your coach asks you to kick someone´s head and you trust him... it is his responsability to know the rules as driver he is.
BUT the penalty should be way harder than a ****ing drive trough (yellow card) being with Kobayashi behind on P3 (wich grants a big GAP with him) and 20 laps later than the cheat happen... Alonso´s race was RUINED and I fully understand he complained all the time. Not to talk about Massa droping from P4 to P14 at the end.

By the way, Alonso was not only complaining on Hamilton´s penalty, he was complaining aswell on the Safety Car depleyed late between the leader, and the Cheater and the Ferraris... race was decided there.

Conclusion, you brake rules overtaking the safety car (never seen before) P2, you respect rules P9... So you wouldn´t complain being in Fernando or Massa situation? Sorry, I don´t believe you.

There is a referee to apply rules James, they can´t admit a driver wins more breaking the rules than respecting them because this way next race you will get 10 cars overtaking the safety car. It is as simple as putting a 2 drive through penalty to compensate what the cheater have won with his action, 3 if needed...

And rules were applied, it was unfair for sure, but they were applied... As I said, there is a problem in the way penalties are given, that's it.

Conclusion, you brake rules overtaking the safety car (never seen before) P2, you respect rules P9... So you wouldn´t complain being in Fernando or Massa situation? Sorry, I don´t believe you.

Well, Massa got his race ruined by his team, as always when Ferrari has to manage SC periods.

And rules were applied, it was unfair for sure, but they were applied... As I said, there is a problem in the way penalties are given, that's it.

Well, Massa got his race ruined by his team, as always when Ferrari has to manage SC periods.

Rules were not applied, but rules were BAD applied, it is always the referee who can decide what rules to apply each case James, and Charlie Waiting did it really bad.

Massa got his race ruined because the Safety Car deplyed between P1 and P2/3 (of course Massa had to wait for Alonso´s tyre change, but only 3 seconds)... if the Safety Car would have been deplyed where it should have been (ahead of P1) the rules would have been the same for everyone and Vettel and Hamilton would have suffered aswell the extra lap compared to the rest of the field that could stop before.

Like i said Hamilton didnt know what to do. You see him also on the radio button asking what to do.
More of my problem is that Alonso was the whole racing complaining about it heard atleast 3 conversations about it on the radio. And didnt race anymore because of it. He only complains about people and doesnt man up and just race. And if we make the comparison with Football. One match you make a goal in a offside position and win the game and 3 matches later you lose a game because of that. It all evens out at the end of the season. And for the info i am not a Hamilton fan so i am not biased and i agree that the penalty should have be a little different, but my problem is more with Alonso :)

Rules were not applied, but rules were BAD applied, it is always the referee who can decide what rules to apply each case James, and Charlie Waiting did it really bad.

And as I said, they don't have many choices according to the rule book, if they did apply a DT, it is because the rules say you have to apply a DT in that particular case.

Guys
I think it is simple thing to say for this

there were many factors playing in this incident
- FIA making a blunder in the safety car incident (who in their right mind will pick up p2 position and not p1. You have to see other racing like NASCAR where they clearly have to rules written correctly and these kind of incidents don't happen).
- Lewis passing the safety car as a logical moment will tell that safety car must pick up the leader and not the cars after the leader.
- Kobi pulling a great strategy that leads him to P3 and hold of the rest of the field during the race so P1-2 can build up a big gap.

I like Alonso, but I don't think he should have complain about Lewis....more to FIA for not making rules clear or doing things that has no logical sense to it

OK James, I really don´t know that part, but you will agree with me on 2 points:

1.- It doesn´t take 20 laps to watch a replay see if someone overtakes or not the safety car. Otherwise, and if you wait that much the penalty will have no effect as we have seen.

2.- You can send the Safety Car on track between P1 and P2/3... you are decicing the race if you do that.

So I was right, rules were applied, but really BAD applied.

I like Alonso, but I don't think he should have complain about Lewis....more to FIA for not making rules clear or doing things that has no logical sense to it

OK guys, my tip s go reading some online sports press and read what papers say and what declarations Alonso have done after the race... He is complaining about FIA deciding the race.

Anyway, and if you mean the Team Radio words, to me it is logicall to complain about Lewis when you have seen him overtaking the safety car. OK, it is FIA being a pain in the ass again but at this concrete moment you complain about what you have seen, and Vettel was way ahead of the SC, so why should you complain about him...

Looks like it is Fernando doing something wrong when it is Lewis breaking the sport rules AGAIN, and again, and again. Doesn´t looks fair to me.

A gree with you Christopher, and they should do things better as the NASCAR example you posted.

1.- It doesn´t take 20 laps to wathc a reply see if someone overtakes or not the safety car. Otherwise, and if you wait that much the penalty will have no effect as we have seen.

I don't think it really took 20 laps, but anyway... The time Fernando complained to his team, the time the team warned the FIA (I do know, the radio communications are not showed live, but the fact they didn't showed it in the SC period is IMO a proof that Alonso didn't complain right after the incident), and the time the marshall took to discuss (because they are several guys, and sometimes, they just don't agree), and finally the time to warn the driver he has a penalty and the moment he will do the DT (2 or 3 laps later)... It can take a while, not far of 10 laps.

2.- You can send the Safety Car on track between P1 and P2/3... you are decicing the race if you do that.

I don't know exactly what are the rules right now, as I said, they are too complicated, and the fact the SC exited just in front of Hamilton is surprising indeed... But maybe they can do so (you know, with all these silly rules).

As far as I remember, Vettel pitted at the same time as Hamilton, Hamilton's pit was longer because he changed his front wing.

A agree, this is not racing...

I think there was not a single overtaking on the whole race (apart of Kobayashi on soft tyres aginst drivers on hard with long use) so you can complain to your team mates on the radio, you can have a cofee and you can phone your babe as far as you don´t crash the car. Valencia have proved to be the most boring circuit of the seasson and they should plan modifying the layout soon.

I am not biased neither, but I can´t say something is black when it is clearly white.

Lewis actually gained from cheating, he was better off braking the rules than if he obeyed the rules - which he is paid millions to keep. He would of rejoined about 7th if he kept the rules but instead he was allowed to stay 2nd. Absolute joke.

Quoted from another forum:

Michael Schumacher (16th)
"What a race. We would like to have clarification about the safety car situation as the red light on the exit from my first pit stop destroyed a race which otherwise would have offered us very good possibilities. Our point of view is that as the safety car had passed the pits without having the cars lined up behind it, there should not have been a red light. There was a green light for a moment and then suddenly it went red again. We believe that this was not correct. Our strategy was right in that context as we took the opportunity which could have given us a finish even close to the podium."

Ross Brawn

...However, when Michael came to exit the pits, the red light was showing which cost him a significant amount of time. In our view, the regulations are clear that the exit light should not go red until the line of cars has formed behind the safety car, and we would like the FIA to look into this. There was no line formed and over 18 seconds between Hamilton and Kobayashi when Michael came in. It was a good effort from Michael to try and recover from there but ultimately a very frustrating afternoon."

Interesting... red light for nothing?

Lewis did break the rules. And got a deserved drive through. It only took 9 mins for the stewards to investigate, not 20 laps. So yes one drive through was justified. If alonso concentrated on the job at hand instead of trying to get one up on his rival then he may have faired better.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.