Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Brabham BT44 B 3.png

rFactor 2 developers Studio 397 have recently updated both the Zandvoort circuit and Brabham BT44b Formula One car.

Not content with resting on their laurels following a successful run of announcements and content releases at the 2018 Sim Racing Expo, Studio 397 have remained hard at work back at base as they bring two useful updates to existing pieces of content for the simulation.

Having showcased the impressive looking new version of Zandvoort during the historic McLaren Grand Prix car announcements over in Germany, the developers have now deployed another update to the Dutch circuit that brings Zandvoort to version 0.35, and with it moves another step closer to aligning the track with the current rFactor 2 standards.

Most noticeable change from the update deployed on Saturday must surely be the inclusion of a first pass at accommodating the new weather effects in rFactor 2, however it is expected that has development of this track continues, further enhancements to how the circuit copes with the recently much improved weather conditions will be brought over to this increasingly enjoyable free track addition.

The Zandvoort update wasn't the only change to existing rF2 content in the last few days, on Friday Studio 397 released a new version of the historic Brabham Formula One car, upgrading the historic racer to version 2.06 with a small update focussing on improving the current collision model.

You can see the full change log for both items below:

Brabham BT44 V2.06 (updated 28/09/2018)
rF2 Brabham BT44 B.jpg

• Updated the collision model.
  • Added a template.

Zandvoort 2017 V0.35 (updated 29/09/2018)
rF2 Zandvoort.jpg

• Added basic weather files to all layouts
  • Added Medium rrbin for the GP layout
  • Removed 2 legacy SCN from the GMT folder
  • Removed legacy RRBIN files

rFactor 2 is available exclusively for PC from Steam now.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..! Head over to the forum now!

Like what you see at RaceDepartment? Follow us on social media!

What do you think of the latest versions of Zandvoort and the Brabham BT44B Grand Prix car? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I will say that I'm quite happy to see your results brother. I don't WANT it to run poorly, just stating that equal hardware should perform very similarly. Also, *my Ti clocks slightly higher than yours, too, maybe 15Mhz.

Do you run Oculus home in the background? Also are you running the .dll file we were talking about. I've gotten rFactor 2 to a pretty good level but I am impressed at the amount of time you stay stuck at 90. It's been my experience that even when running well, you will see a drop here and there.

Perhaps not rendering a full cockpit helps your tests? I drive the GT3 cars which are known performance hogs, so this might also affect our comparison.

8K+ you have NO chance. Won't be out for ages and definitely won't be able to be run on anything apart from an SLI setup. Testers are already struggling on 1080Ti's and the new Ti variant won't help much either. I'd get another 1080 Ti if we could run SLI reliably with VR.

I will say that I'm quite happy to see your results brother. I don't WANT it to run poorly, just stating that equal hardware should perform very similarly. Also, *my Ti clocks slightly higher than yours, too, maybe 15Mhz.

Do you run Oculus home in the background? Also are you running the .dll file we were talking about. I've gotten rFactor 2 to a pretty good level but I am impressed at the amount of time you stay stuck at 90. It's been my experience that even when running well, you will see a drop here and there.

Perhaps not rendering a full cockpit helps your tests? I drive the GT3 cars which are known performance hogs, so this might also affect our comparison.
I have my Ti undervolted to 1898MHz @ 0.900 mV ! If i let it run wild it will run at 2088 MHz but also 10c hotter, so give up a little performance to have peace of mind while in VR and not monitoring it !
I can run same performance in any Official cars ! The only cars i have an issue with performance is the Aussie Legends ! I need to lower SS if i run them !
My favorite car to drive other than the Cobra (which is a very performance costly car BTW) is the Porsche GTE by S397 and FPS are the same !
When out on track in practice or qualy my fps are really solid 90 but on race start it will drop on some tracks but on a whole its 90 fps smooth if i look at the MSI graph after a race !

Last edited:
Oculus is running as admin so it doesnt start ! i did try the dll but found better clarity with Steam SS than that open composite SS at 1.8 ! (this is what started this talk) lol , also i cap my fps in rivatuner and that helps massively to keep frametimes smooth ! I have a video demonstrating that in GTA v , showing the graph flatten out once the cap is in place ;)

I'm also very suprised that you are able to run Afterburner as many, including me, have reported it a problem with frame times when it's open. Causes stutter and stuff. Weird.

I have Oculus running as admin as well but mine does still start. I was told to jump off the beta version and it should fix it but it still keeps starting itself. It may help me achieve what you are. Like I said with rF2 it's not bad now, but all my VR titles could use a little smoothness. Raceroom runs like a dog for me, I must force ASW to stay sane while racing.

We have derailed this thread completely thanks to the .dll talk a few pages back. Maybe we'll agree to semi disagree and one day I'll buy you a beer.

:p

You need to go into the Video tab to have the same slider as me !
Its not that hard to compare as long as we are all on the same page ! Literally in this case , lol
And im am still running a resolution that you said was impossible and you would pay me thousands of AUD if i proved you wrong ! So how you gonna pay up ? lol

Good for you. Now repeat the same test at Sebring, preferably with 20 GT3 AI cars, and you are worth your thousands of dollars :p.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back