• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured Latest rF2 Content Updates Round Up

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Paul Jeffrey, Oct 1, 2018.

1. anton_Chez

anton_Chez
    Premium

Ratings:
    +566
    I will say that I'm quite happy to see your results brother. I don't WANT it to run poorly, just stating that equal hardware should perform very similarly. Also, *my Ti clocks slightly higher than yours, too, maybe 15Mhz.

Do you run Oculus home in the background? Also are you running the .dll file we were talking about. I've gotten rFactor 2 to a pretty good level but I am impressed at the amount of time you stay stuck at 90. It's been my experience that even when running well, you will see a drop here and there.

Perhaps not rendering a full cockpit helps your tests? I drive the GT3 cars which are known performance hogs, so this might also affect our comparison.

2. anton_Chez

anton_Chez
    Premium

Ratings:
    +566
    8K+ you have NO chance. Won't be out for ages and definitely won't be able to be run on anything apart from an SLI setup. Testers are already struggling on 1080Ti's and the new Ti variant won't help much either. I'd get another 1080 Ti if we could run SLI reliably with VR.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. 2stains

2stains

Ratings:
    +200
    I have my Ti undervolted to 1898MHz @ 0.900 mV ! If i let it run wild it will run at 2088 MHz but also 10c hotter, so give up a little performance to have peace of mind while in VR and not monitoring it !
    I can run same performance in any Official cars ! The only cars i have an issue with performance is the Aussie Legends ! I need to lower SS if i run them !
    My favorite car to drive other than the Cobra (which is a very performance costly car BTW) is the Porsche GTE by S397 and FPS are the same !
    When out on track in practice or qualy my fps are really solid 90 but on race start it will drop on some tracks but on a whole its 90 fps smooth if i look at the MSI graph after a race !

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  4. 2stains

2stains

Ratings:
    +200
    Oculus is running as admin so it doesnt start ! i did try the dll but found better clarity with Steam SS than that open composite SS at 1.8 ! (this is what started this talk) lol , also i cap my fps in rivatuner and that helps massively to keep frametimes smooth ! I have a video demonstrating that in GTA v , showing the graph flatten out once the cap is in place ;)

5. anton_Chez

anton_Chez
    Premium

Ratings:
    +566
    I'm also very suprised that you are able to run Afterburner as many, including me, have reported it a problem with frame times when it's open. Causes stutter and stuff. Weird.

I have Oculus running as admin as well but mine does still start. I was told to jump off the beta version and it should fix it but it still keeps starting itself. It may help me achieve what you are. Like I said with rF2 it's not bad now, but all my VR titles could use a little smoothness. Raceroom runs like a dog for me, I must force ASW to stay sane while racing.

We have derailed this thread completely thanks to the .dll talk a few pages back. Maybe we'll agree to semi disagree and one day I'll buy you a beer.

:p

6. 2stains

2stains

Ratings:
    +200
    Cool man , try capping your framerate , it may help smoothnesss!
    I don't drink ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. John-Eric Saxén

John-Eric Saxén

Ratings:
    +958
    Good for you. Now repeat the same test at Sebring, preferably with 20 GT3 AI cars, and you are worth your thousands of dollars :p.

• Haha Haha x 2
  8. anton_Chez

anton_Chez
    Premium

Ratings:
    +566
    What do you cap it at? Straight 90?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Ace King

Ace King

Ratings:
    +320
    All involved should equally set their "Visible Vehicles" to 20 AI cars or the amount decided.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. 2stains

2stains

Ratings:
    +200
    Im at 15 visable !
    I'll do Sebring tonight ! And see :o

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.