• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured Latest rF2 Content Updates Round Up

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Paul Jeffrey, Oct 1, 2018.

1. anton_Chez

anton_Chez
    Premium

Ratings:
    +566
    I used to have to warp in rain. Not now.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ryan Soucy

Ryan Soucy

Ratings:
    +133
    Some leagues require it so you rejoin safely after spinning off. And don't be misogynistic. Or is it meant to be racist. Can't get away with that in the States.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. anton_Chez

anton_Chez
    Premium

Ratings:
    +566
    Yep and for leaving pits when qualifying, practicing or actually doing a pit stop mid race.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Emery

Emery

Ratings:
    +618
    Common sense, using your mirrors, and the linear track position is all that are needed to find an opening in traffic.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Beer Beer x 2
  5. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen

Ratings:
    +431
    So true, it’s so easy... But there are some people out there lacking patience and/or sportmanship.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +4,507
    Not in all situations, though. I personally find the linear track position nearly useless for rejoining, because you can't really tell where exactly the car is, especially if there's a lot of cars running fairly close together, and you don't always see the track in the mirrors. So a track map, preferably one with a zoom feature, can be invaluable at times.

And, to answer the original question...SimHub can be used for track maps, though I'm not sure if you can make a rotating one (you probably can, there's little that can't be done with SimHub).

7. thepharcyde

thepharcyde

Ratings:
    +310
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Joe Moore

Joe Moore
    Premium

Ratings:
    +142
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Emery

Emery

Ratings:
    +618
    Have you tried using look left/look right/look behind?

10. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +4,507
    Yes.

11. Leynad777

Leynad777

Ratings:
    +227
    I think we have different definitions about "runs great". 45 fps is not enough for me, especially in corners.

12. 2stains

2stains

Ratings:
    +200
    @Marcel Offermans can you share any light on the DLL to Bin32/64 for OpenVR from post #2 of this thread ?
    Is that something you are going to implement officially ?

13. anton_Chez

anton_Chez
    Premium

Ratings:
    +566
    Marcel has already said that no official support is going to be offered over and above the SteamVR implementation currently used. That's not to say that we cannot use it, just that they aren't responsible if you break your game. Go join the Discord channel for rF2, there is a lot of discussion about it over there. Nice group.

Re the track map. I don't care what you use, just don't smash into me on a hot lap when leaving pits because you're stubborn to use things that provide awareness we may not otherwise posses as SIM racers. Not every title has a proper real time leader board to show where cars are on the track at all times. I don't use the track map but that's not to say I won't if it means that other peoples races are going to be safer and of higher quality. Does that mean that in a single screen, we do not use the virtual mirror, even if we cannot see the real mirrors of the car due to FOV, seat position, screen size, etc?

What people do offline is their business. When you race online with others you have a responsibility to not be a liability to others and their race. You only need to bind a button to switch it on for a couple of seconds. Then turn it off when back on track. Simple.

14. 2stains

2stains

Ratings:
    +200
    How do i set SS higher using the option DDL ?

15. anton_Chez

anton_Chez
    Premium

Ratings:
    +566
    Go to the Github page where you get the .dll and there is a little guide that tells you. You need to create a file with notepad and save it as an .ini file. There are commands in there to enable sound without using the Oculus headphones (I wear earbuds) and also to increase the SS.

16. 2stains

2stains

Ratings:
    +200
    But were do i put this ?

17. Terry Rock

Terry Rock

Ratings:
    +743
    I'll keep checking in with this one.
    Looks to have potential benefits...but did not work for me.
    Switching out the file, I experienced much shorter loading times (no 'zzzz' on the cursor). I was under the steering wheel once in the car though.
    This happened once before and I was able to solve it by doing the VR room calibration.
    This time despite it saying all was complete, it would not cure that situation.
    I replaced the file with the saved original and everything went back to normal.

18. xmlinc

xmlinc

Ratings:
    +12
    I have full 90 fps, ASW and Reprojection are disabled, AA = Level 2. No stuttering

19. 2stains

2stains

Ratings:
    +200
    Can you please give PC specs , full game settings (including SS) and if this is at Sebring @ sunset with 19 Ai ?

20. anton_Chez

anton_Chez
    Premium

Ratings:
    +566
    Read the page it gives instructions.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.