• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured Latest rF2 Content Updates Round Up

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Paul Jeffrey, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +23,009
    rF2 Brabham BT44 B 3.png
    rFactor 2 developers Studio 397 have recently updated both the Zandvoort circuit and Brabham BT44b Formula One car.

Not content with resting on their laurels following a successful run of announcements and content releases at the 2018 Sim Racing Expo, Studio 397 have remained hard at work back at base as they bring two useful updates to existing pieces of content for the simulation.

Having showcased the impressive looking new version of Zandvoort during the historic McLaren Grand Prix car announcements over in Germany, the developers have now deployed another update to the Dutch circuit that brings Zandvoort to version 0.35, and with it moves another step closer to aligning the track with the current rFactor 2 standards.

Most noticeable change from the update deployed on Saturday must surely be the inclusion of a first pass at accommodating the new weather effects in rFactor 2, however it is expected that has development of this track continues, further enhancements to how the circuit copes with the recently much improved weather conditions will be brought over to this increasingly enjoyable free track addition.

The Zandvoort update wasn't the only change to existing rF2 content in the last few days, on Friday Studio 397 released a new version of the historic Brabham Formula One car, upgrading the historic racer to version 2.06 with a small update focussing on improving the current collision model.

You can see the full change log for both items below:

Brabham BT44 V2.06 (updated 28/09/2018)
    rF2 Brabham BT44 B.jpg

• Updated the collision model.
    • Added a template.

Zandvoort 2017 V0.35 (updated 29/09/2018)
    rF2 Zandvoort.jpg

• Added basic weather files to all layouts
    • Added Medium rrbin for the GP layout
    • Removed 2 legacy SCN from the GMT folder
    • Removed legacy RRBIN files

rFactor 2 is available exclusively for PC from Steam now.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..! Head over to the forum now!

Like what you see at RaceDepartment? Follow us on social media!

Instagram
    Youtube
    Twitch

What do you think of the latest versions of Zandvoort and the Brabham BT44B Grand Prix car? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 10
    • Love Love x 5
  2. Joe Moore

Joe Moore
    Premium

Ratings:
    +142
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo
    Premium

Ratings:
    +46
    Where is the Soon (tm) Reiza dlc, which was announced.... for.... September?
    DC

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans
    Studio 397

Ratings:
    +1,839
    We are all patiently waiting for it to be finished. I believe @Renato Simioni is really close to delivering the final packages. That's all I can say right now! :)

• Like Like x 25
    • Beer Beer x 7
    • Love Love x 3
  5. EAKMotorsports

EAKMotorsports

Ratings:
    +25
    we need an new damage model. all simulators race an bad damage model, an very simple damage so I think if rF2 brings more advanced damage model they definitely gonna be the differential of the all the others.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Farrow_21

Farrow_21
    Premium

Ratings:
    +61
    I'm Loving all the Formula 1 cars. It was one area where i was left wanting when i bought rF2. Since I bought it after Dx11 a lot of the good historic mods hadn't been patched/were bugged. The Brabham, March, & the Mclaren M-23 All feel great & race well together.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. magzire

magzire

Ratings:
    +83
    • Love Love x 1
  8. anton_Chez

anton_Chez
    Premium

Ratings:
    +547
    I've tried the .dll file and noticed immediately better performance, with more consistent frame pacing (visually, not tested fully) and way less stutter. I run 1080Ti too, so others might even find a bigger performance increase. I ran a race last night with it and it was awesome. Mod track, with obviously others on track, which tends to hurt performance.

• Beer Beer x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Joe Moore

Joe Moore
    Premium

Ratings:
    +142
    Better frames , no more lag —no stutter -run much more Ai , higher display setting .

• Like Like x 1
  10. Leynad777

Leynad777
    Premium

Ratings:
    +227
    Yes, but don't try pp-effects even on low. It's like before the dll-tweak again even with 7700k and GTX 1080. Luckily the framedrops were the only difference i noticed (sunny conditions).

11. Rastas

Rastas

Ratings:
    +176
    I think you need some glasses.......

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Haha Haha x 1
  12. 123rem

123rem
    Banned

Ratings:
    +62
    Is there a rotating trackmap available for rFactor 2, one like AC's?

13. anton_Chez

anton_Chez
    Premium

Ratings:
    +547
    I think it may be coming in the UI update, hopefully by the end of the year

14. xmlinc

xmlinc

Ratings:
    +12
    SteamVR here, same CPU + GPU Setup, all Settings on High, Shadows LOW, PP medium, SS 100%(=Oculus 140%), runs great!

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
  15. xmlinc

xmlinc

Ratings:
    +12
    not necessary, drive a simulator
    Mod Edit: offensive post

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2018
    • Disagree Disagree x 9
    • Like Like x 3
  16. anton_Chez

anton_Chez
    Premium

Ratings:
    +547
    To be fair, it can help you to learn a track you haven't driven before. I never use it but it could be useful, especially considering that modern rims can have displays and the cars have Motec that can be loaded with this stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  17. xmlinc

xmlinc

Ratings:
    +12
    in real life the drivers do not have it. To get to know the track you drive a few laps a bit slower

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  18. anton_Chez

anton_Chez
    Premium

Ratings:
    +547
    I get that, but I'm just saying. I don't use it and I probably never will but I can see it's potential in limited situations.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. MarcG

MarcG
    Premium

Ratings:
    +712
  20. Joe Moore

Joe Moore
    Premium

Ratings:
    +142
    Now I’ll have to try pp effects :) you should notice a big difference also in rain ultra setting .

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.