Laptop Keyboard not working

Hi guys,
Got quite the major issue... the keyboard on my laptop has stopped working. The keys do not type. Some shortcuts work, like Ctrl-Alt-Del, and the Windows key works, otherwise I'm getting no response. Oddly enough they work in notepad but I can't rely on notepad for everything lol
Can anyone help?

Hi guys,
Got quite the major issue... the keyboard on my laptop has stopped working. The keys do not type. Some shortcuts work, like Ctrl-Alt-Del, and the Windows key works, otherwise I'm getting no response. Oddly enough they work in notepad but I can't rely on notepad for everything lol
Can anyone help?
Important development - typing also works in content manager. Might just be windows?

How do things look in Windows device manager?

Purely guessing here but perhaps you could try uninstalling/reinstalling the driver to see if it makes any difference.

Uhhhhhhhh well I may have removed the keyboard device in the device manager, now no keyboards are coming up, have I done this horribly wrong? I think I have.

Don't worry, it shouldn't be a problem. If you reboot, Windows should detect the keyboard and install a driver automatically.

If that doesn't happen you can go to the laptop manufacturers site where there will a drivers and support page for your model where you will find a driver for it.

Don't worry, it shouldn't be a problem. If you reboot, Windows should detect the keyboard and install a driver automatically.

If that doesn't happen you can go to the laptop manufacturers site where there will a drivers and support page for your model where you will find a driver for it.
That did it! Thank you so much!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back