Hello,
It's possible to add a landscape from google earth on btb?
what's are the passages?

I'm doing a real open hillclimb track of Northern Italy and i'd love to add the real landscape around on the BTB project. what i have to do exactly?
thank you! :)

Attachments

• zaxxon's progress.PNG
    zaxxon's progress.PNG
    112.3 KB · Views: 267
Reopen your "s1_mesh\salide\anchors_carretera.geo " and make sure that all exterior lines are Completely selected and that you have no kinks
https://imgur.com/QMEOXJJ
well, I have rechecked and found no kinks on the whole stretch of track imported from GE. however, as my surfaces are #884 and #885, I found that the below screenshot does not refer to any of the above numbers as surfaces. could this be part of the reason?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    72.5 KB · Views: 253
Will take a look at the files tomorrow.
I did notice that :
Plane Surface(886) = {889} ; (Here there should be 2 numbers in curly brackets. ie {889, 890} ;)
and:
Physical Surface(222) = {889} ; (Here the 889 should be 886)

First thing is the gmsh model from your file --
https://imgur.com/a/xCfv43c
I deleted some lines to get back to before the points were added and it works without error up to adding the Plane Surface.
But I end up with only one number in curly brackets (Plane Surface(886) = {889} ;). So I'm starting from the kml files, in Octave, to see if its good.

@ebrich I've decided to give the Zaxxxon method another go, I have to reinstall it all though due to having a new pc. In the instructions I have -
Alter installing Octave 3.2.3 run:
> pkg rebuild -auto communications

I'm not sure what to do here, where is the pkg rebuild going to be located?
Thanks

Hi everyone!
I hope this forum is still alive.

I am trying the Zaxxon method following the french video-tutorials and everything works fine until I need to import the GEO file to GMSH. It takes just the main road but not the terrains (the closest and the global) placed in s2_elevation and s2_elevation_b.
When I press on 2D is suppose to create the "malla", but not.

Anyone of you can help me, please?

I've spend 2 days already trying to figure it out with no results.
I've tried remaking the limits.kml & limits_b.kml hundrend of times, just in case, but nothing different happends.

is there any specific way to trace the limits kml on GE?

Thanks!
Gmsh error.jpg

This is actually as expected. The limits and limits_b kml files only served to define for what area you are getting elevation data and at what density.

Your next step here is to create the non driveable surface around your track area but inside the box as described in section VII.5 in
zaxxon_scripts_eng.pdf.

Note though that I am also failing at getting a functioning track so far... I've gotten past gmsh but I'm stuck at s7_walls. So if you get any further than that let me know.

Bump over crest!

I´ve manage to complete my test track (lagoa azul e peninha/80´s), thank you MIKA7835 and ebrich.

With some bumps along the way and some questions:

-File size (points): 1000 (Can be changed. No more than 5000)
Is this the resolution? Does it have impact on the FPS or is it just visuals.

-GMSH SURFACES
Couldn´t erase some internals lines even after erasing the fine dotted lines. Resulting in some bottomless pit.

-SASPlanet
Doesnt connect with the server(Source), resulting in grey images (google maps/bing maps).
(EDIT: Done. Installed new version 160707, map version: 863)

-compress to DDS
Error - YCbCr (aka YUV) is not supported by the compressonator. I had to use according to split scenes some files from the original Zaxxon tracks.

This method is mandatory for open view rally tracks, in woodland stages the best is just to use xml with elevation only and applying trees walls along the way.

I don't deny it, I followed your directions blindly, not knowing what I was installing and clicking on. With some headaches along the path but it paid off.

Last edited:
> -File size (points): 1000 (Can be changed. No more than 5000)

That's just how it splits the files in the s2_elevation steps. Ie. it has no more than 1000 points in one kml file for the elevation data, so the bigger the area the more separate kml files. It has no impact on the final result, they all get combined in the one lamalla.mat anyway.

GMSH: Even with all internal lines gone I get the bottomless pits as well. I have no idea how to get rid of those. No amount of experimentation so far has helped. I try to fix them in BTB afterwards.

SAS: I got the last version of it and that worked straight out of the box. I use a higher setting than recoimmended in the doc though so I have higher resolution background. Sure loading the stage takes much longer but I have time..

DDS: I use Easy2Convert Software\JPG to DDS\jpg2ddscmd.exe which is a free download. Hasn't given me any issues.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back