Hello,
It's possible to add a landscape from google earth on btb?
what's are the passages?

I'm doing a real open hillclimb track of Northern Italy and i'd love to add the real landscape around on the BTB project. what i have to do exactly?
thank you! :)

That, I think is a "use to could" for BTB. When one could use sketchup to xpack a terrain as an object. Not at all easy for a mountain terrain and now you need sketchup PRO for that.
RTB is cheaper and basically does all the terrain building with google earth images without sweating.
The only other way, besides pulling all the landscape manually, was with The Zaxxon Method which uses scripts to take the terrain from SAS Planet (a sort of russian Google Earth), and import into BTB. Since I have installed windows 10, that method doesn't always work and as its quite a long learning curve, to find it hasn't done it's job, is a pain.
So I would say for a BTB 3D landscape it's No. Move to RTB.
And what is the compatibility with windows (7,8,10, 32bit or 64 bit problems) for the Zaxxon method that I try to succeed to test? Thank you

I tried the Zaxxon method last week on windows 7, 64 bit, and, even worse than before, got an error message saying "the time is in the future". I got nowhere.
I googled the python error message but could not connect with anything usefull.

I would love to know if anybody gets Zaxxon to work.

You have this error to in octave console?

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "..\scripts\elevar.ply", line 103, in <module>
ge = pygoogleearth.GoogleEarth()
File "c:\Python27\lib\site-packages\pygoogleearth\geapplication.py", line 34, in __init__
while not self.ge.IsInitialized() :
File "<COMObject GoogleEarth.ApplicationGE>", line 2, in IsInitialized
pywintypes.com_error: (-2147417851, 'Le serveur a g\xe9n\xe9r\xe9 une exception.', None, None)
File "c:\Python27\lib\site-packages\pygoogleearth\geapplication.py", line 34, in __init__
pywintypes.com_error: (-2147023174, 'Le serveur RPC n\x92est pas disponible.', None, None)
pywintypes.com_error: (-2147417851, 'Le serveur a g\xe9n\xe9r\xe9 une exception.', None, None)

Attachments

• pygoogleearth.PNG
    pygoogleearth.PNG
    67.2 KB · Views: 292
Went back into win 7. and got a different error -

warning: function name `display' does not agree with function file name `c:\project\scripts\midisplay.m'
Leyendo el fichero route.kml
Cerrando el fichero

last 2 lines translated:
Reading the route.kml file
Closing the file.

--will have a look at that script.

I wonder if it's to do with google earth.

Last edited:
the interface opens but It doesn't import the route kml. I even found an old finished project folder and copied the s0_import over to the new project and it still doesn't work.
I get "warning: function name `display' does not agree with function file name `c:\project\scripts\midisplay.m' ". each time I try.
I had a look at the midisplay.m script (what there is of it) but it gave no glues.
And it doesn't look as if win 7 x32 is on the DVD.
I'll re install Octave and read through the pdf.

I reinstalled Octave 323 and still get the same error when trying to import route.kml -- "warning: function name `display' does not agree with function file name `c:\project\scripts\midisplay.m' ".
In the script midisplay.m the function name is indeed - "function display(cadena)"

The function display(cadena) probably refers to the first 27 lines of the zgui script where it is trying to work out the language -

[status cadena]=system('dir nothing 2>NUL');
if length(findstr(cadena,'pertoire'))>0
display('French');
try
french_strings ------------ etc

But since the interface displays and in english, it doesn't make a lot of sense why there should be a "display error". I suppose I could change the language see what happens??

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back