AC Kunos GT3 @ Road America - Mon 15 July 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hi @Craig Dunkley I will take the Lambo. I didn;t drive it on this circuit, but my best result was why a lambo, so I hope to get that :D

P.S. does anybody have a comparison between those gt3 cars? Does anybody know something like that? Every race, every week, I spend time doing 3-4-5-6 laps with every car to see which is fastest (whic some times for me is the lambo) but then all the others take different cars. I would really like to drive the R8m, but the lap times just don't add up. So some comparison would be great.
P.,S.S should I stick only to one car even if I am slower with that, just to understand at least one of them?

Hi @Craig Dunkley I will take the Lambo. I didn;t drive it on this circuit, but my best result was why a lambo, so I hope to get that :D

P.S. does anybody have a comparison between those gt3 cars? Does anybody know something like that? Every race, every week, I spend time doing 3-4-5-6 laps with every car to see which is fastest (whic some times for me is the lambo) but then all the others take different cars. I would really like to drive the R8m, but the lap times just don't add up. So some comparison would be great.
P.,S.S should I stick only to one car even if I am slower with that, just to understand at least one of them?
Well, in the beginning I tried all cars also but I found out that some cars are more suited for my drivingstyle and rig. These were the 911 and the 650. So I concentrated on them with development of the best setup for me. Last week for the RoadAtlanta race I tried the Lambo with the setup with which Enzo was so fast, but I was quicker with the 911. For now I'm trying to improve my skills with the 911 and maybe later switch to the GT-R which I think is potentially the fastest ride on most of the circuits.

I remember someone doing a writeup on them on reddit once, I'll have to see if I can find it again.

Well, in the beginning I tried all cars also but I found out that some cars are more suited for my drivingstyle and rig. These were the 911 and the 650. So I concentrated on them with development of the best setup for me. Last week for the RoadAtlanta race I tried the Lambo with the setup with which Enzo was so fast, but I was quicker with the 911. For now I'm trying to improve my skills with the 911 and maybe later switch to the GT-R which I think is potentially the fastest ride on most of the circuits.

Horses for courses Han ..the GT-R is slow in, but bloody fast out, it is also great with tires, often able to use softs, when everybody else is on mediums ....but the car is very hard to master.

I found the Porsche very mean with tires, I never did work her out and she hates kerbs ..but master her and she will reward you.

The 650 is terrific at turning in and great with kerbs, but very difficult to catch her when she kicks ...again if you stick with her and learn her ways ..she will reward you.

Z4 ..nobody picks her, but in the right hands she is deadly (Joel drove her for a year or more and won many battles)

Find a car you like and feel comfortable with and stay with her, learn her good points and bad points.

All the GT3's have good and bad :thumbsup:

Ok it was more of a survey of users but I did some testing using this as a base and it's fairly accurate overall...the cars are so closely matched together that it's really up to personal preference. With equally matched drivers, it's down to tyre management and which car is better suited for the specific track.

https://www.reddit.com/r/acrl/comments/6ikp13/gt3_survey_results/

EDIT: I'll just post the relevant info here to make it easier:

SCORES
Scores from all entries were averaged, higher is better!

Top Speed
Nissan, Lamborghini and Mercedes topping the charts with scores above 4. Ferrari, BMW and especially McLaren seem to lack on the top end.

Acceleration
The Nissan GT-R clearly stands out on this one. All entries unanimously gave it the highest score, with a perfect 5/5 as a result. The Porsche scored a nice 3.9, while all other cars are pretty much there, except the McLaren and the Glickenhaus which were the only ones to score less than 3.

Traction
The Porsche stands out on this one thanks to its rear engine. Glickenhaus and (surprisingly to me) Nissan not as well received.

Braking
BMW, McLaren and Porsche are judged to be good cars on the brakes. The 2016 Audi also scored pretty high but with only 2 entries these numbers have to be taken with a bit of caution. The 2014 Audi, the Mercedes and the Nissan seem to be a bit on the weak side, with the Glickenhaus absolutely bashed for its brakes, with an appaling 1.5 score.

Low speed entry
All cars seem to hold up reasonably, besides the Glickenhaus and the Nissan.

Low speed mid
Nissan and Lamborghini seem to struggle in low speed corners. Ferrari and Glickenhaus got a pretty low score as well.

Low speed exit
Glickenhaus once again struggles to keep up, with the Porsche and Audi doing very well.

Medium speed entry
Mercedes and McLaren voted a bit higher than the rest, Nissan still a bit behind.

Medium speed mid
Mercedes and McLaren once again topping the charts, with the Lamborghini lagging behind this time.

Medium speed exit
Rather homogeneous results. Glickenhaus and Nissan on the low side, McLaren and Mercedes on the good side.

High speed entry
Ferrari and McLaren are the two cars topping the charts with good high speed corner entry speed. Nissan and Porsche suffer a bit on this side.

High speed mid
The McLaren stands out on this one, with the Lamborghini seemingly being the worst. Porsche and Nissan once again do not seem to do well in high speed corners.

High speed exit
Results are rather homogeneous here, with the 2014 Audi and the McLaren slightly ahead, and the Lamborghini a bit behind.

Driving difficulty
BMW and Mercedes seem to be quite comfy to drive. All other cars do not show significant variations, besides Porsche and especially McLaren which are judged to be the trickiest.

Setup difficulty
BMW and Ferrari (once again, to my surprise) are the cars our drivers can set up with most ease. Glickenhaus and McLaren look to be tougher to get working.

Tyre heating
BMW, Nissan and Ferrari can find a way to always have their tyres in the optimal temperature window. So cannot be said for Glickenhaus, Lamborghini and especially Porsche.

Tyre usage
The 2014 Audi was the only one to score above 4. If you churn through your tyres, this is the car to consider. BMW also doing quite well. Lamborghini and (once again) Glickenhaus drivers are disappointed with it.

Qualifying
Disregarding the new Audi, The McLaren and the 2014 Audi look strong in qualifying. Ferrari and Lamborghini also pretty quick on the hot lap.

Race pace
2014 Audi and Lamborghini are the strong ones when it comes to race pace. Porsche scoring a bit low probably due to how it handles the tyres. Glickenhaus once again the last in the standings.

Race start
Porsche, BMW and Ferrari jump off the line like a bunny. Lamborghini and Mercedes lagging behind.

Overall
These are the scores you guys gave to the cars. The Glickenhaus definitely seems the car to absolutely avoid if you want to be any competitive. The two Audis received the highest scores, while Mercedes and Nissan haven't pleased their drivers overall.

Overall (calculated)
These are the overall scores calculated averaging all the previous sections. Results are generally consistent with what said above, even though the gaps are obviously smaller between the cars. Surprisingly, the Mercedes jumps up in the standings compared to the "personal" overall judgment, while the Lamborghini falls down to second to last. However, remember these results consider all the previous parts in equal importance, so the outcome doesn't quite represent the actual potential of the cars.

VERDICT
Based on what YOU GUYS said, the Glickenhaus is unanimously the car NOT to pick, unless you want to be at a constant disadvantage. All other cars seem to be pretty equal, each has its points of strength and weakness, just try and find out which car works best for you. If some more expert drivers want to give their opinion on this, or do a personal recap on what they think about the cars, please do so in the comments!

Expert i most certainly am not, i choose the Nissan because as soon as i get to a long straight
i can relax a bit from a pursuer, nothing is as fast as the Nissan on the straight, even when slip
streamed, assuming you get a good exit. it is a very stable car, very rarely have a self induced off,
especially considering my ability and when it is, it’s alway invariably a kerb, the Nissan does not
like kerbs of any kind, except flat ones.
It is a very heavy car and to a large extent that is reflected in the way it drives. “clumsy”
The initial traction is very poor, if you want to get to the first corner, first, a Nissan is not your bag.
Seems to need setting up differently for each circuit, get it wrong and it is easy to find yourself
struggling. Also because of it’s initial weight, does not do well with big fuel loads.

third party point of view.....:O_o:
It is big, over taking the thing can sometimes prove problematic. it resemble a bus from the rear
and seems to take up the same amount of space.
Very intimidating when it is right behind you, harassing you for an overtake.

Every thing above can be nullified when a quality driver is aboard, but that is true of any of the GT 3
cars. So this is an average drivers perspective.:geek:

Thank You all for the descriptions. I will stick with the lambo this time and i will take the R8 2016 next time. I really feel i can make those 2 cars work.

Thanks Brandon. Very informative and accurate I think, based on my experience with the 911. Tyre management is very hard with her. I can never get the front tyres in the right temperature. I guess that's why the Porsche scores low in high speed entry and mid. If anyone has tips for me, I would appreciate that!

It’s only my point of view on the 911, the setup for this car is very important to get the best from it.
By that I mean, the whole package, especially the damping.
I did think about the 911, on first selecting a car, but decided time investment in getting correct was too time consuming for me then.
My own personal point of view is that if you can master Setup, then master it’s idiosyncratic behaviour , it’s the quickest car.
Only my point of view.:)

I'm finding this track difficult to get to grips with, it really tests how good you are on the brakes and I'm not so strong at that. @r!ver_cz seems to be doing much better in the 911 than me this week, so good luck to him :thumbsup:

Personally, I choose the Nissan, but there isn't a particular reason, I just like the V6 sound, so I'm sticking with this car for all GT3 races. I use the same car for all GT3 races so I can improve my setup-making ability , eliminating the variable "new car" from the process.

@Kek700: do you drive the Nissan with TC? I lowered differential power setting to minimum (10 %), but she's still a little bit nervous on slow corner exit, most of the time I can keep control, but sometimes not. Enabling TC eliminates the problem, but probably you could be faster without it. Also, am I wrong or these cars are driven in real life with TC on?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back