Is honeymoon over?

• Thread starter Deleted member 197115
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 197115

• Deleted member 197115

Interesting analysis, what do you think

I agree with both sides, on the one hand it's a GT3 dream come true, on the other hand it is not at all finished and indeed far far away from simulating the Blancpain series. Trust me, this will happen, because they have an obligation to SRO to deliver and - hopefully - they will. For the time being, it's utterly fantastic to do 3h races in little bits of 30 mins and be able to save, no matter the AI is dead fast after reload and your fuel consumption is screwed, it still is massive fun.

Why are you comparing? All those games have careers just as bad or non existent. I judge ACC career for what it's, and it's just horrible.
Feel free to call other games junk, that won't make ACC look better though.

You can easily check ACC population on sites like steamdb. Outside of peak time, game barely has players so MP is pretty much dead. RC is useless, CP is useless. SA is somewhat useful but there's not enough players for it to mater that much.

Simulation is more than just physics, just saying. Just because the driving is good doesn't mean it's simulating the "blancpain experience". Game doesn't even have championship points, jez.

Well, I race in MP every evening pretty much. I don't care about steamDB, - there are always 20+ racers in CP servers and at least 6-7 other servers with players (just checked and there are plenty of servers to have a race in), aside, in RD club races, there are always 15-20 people on the grid and races are awesome. Devs are quite active in fixing issues and release patches and also quite active in the forum too.
Personally, I don't give a damn about Career and not much about AI, so again, if you look for some SP scripted gameplay with fancy animations and stuff, it is probably not for you. As for MP, there are plenty of options for good races, if you really look for you will find, if you just want to bash - well, use your time as you want.

Outside peak ours, pretty much all MP games are dead, including iRacing, so may be people just have jobs and lives :) As CP being useless, what would be useful for you ? Championship points ? What will you use them for ?

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see an MP system with standings, but not having one doesn't make it dead, or this will mean all sims out there are dead :) Anyway, I am practicing for the Brands Hatch race in Tuesday, had a short brake and jumping back in the pit, you can keep looking for something which is not "dead" ;)

Well, I race in MP every evening pretty much. I don't care about steamDB, - there are always 20+ racers in CP servers and at least 6-7 other servers with players (just checked and there are plenty of servers to have a race in), aside, in RD club races, there are always 15-20 people on the grid and races are awesome. Devs are quite active in fixing issues and release patches and also quite active in the forum too.
Personally, I don't give a damn about Career and not much about AI, so again, if you look for some SP scripted gameplay with fancy animations and stuff, it is probably not for you. As for MP, there are plenty of options for good races, if you really look for you will find, if you just want to bash - well, use your time as you want.

Outside peak ours, pretty much all MP games are dead, including iRacing, so may be people just have jobs and lives :) As CP being useless, what would be useful for you ? Championship points ? What will you use them for ?

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see an MP system with standings, but not having one doesn't make it dead, or this will mean all sims out there are dead :) Anyway, I am practicing for the Brands Hatch race in Tuesday, had a short brake and jumping back in the pit, you can keep looking for something which is not "dead" ;)

Man you didn't understand a thing that I said. CP rating is useless, which is different than championship points for career and championship mode itself.

It looks like you think the world is about where you live, there's no other places in the planet, so obviously if you want to play outside of ACC peak hours you are probably a moron and should get a life right? And no, other games are not dead outside of their peak hours.

I don't even touch singleplayer because both career and championship is pretty bad, so I don't know what you are talking about acting all superior, but typical from a simracer. ACC is not for a lot of people it seems, judging by the number of players, everyone waiting for something to fix so they can actually play ACC, or so they say.

All I am saying is it is not dead, may be it doesn't suite everyone everywhere, but this doesn't mean it is dead. I am sorry that people in your timezone doesn't play it but MP is quite populated in EU time zone and so devs are quite active on delivering patches and fixes, they also mention they are working on SP and career stuff for the next patch.
I also never said all is superior, neither I said career is good, I just said career is not the main focus of the sim, the main focus is physics, tire model, and proper simulated cars, just like other Kunos sims out there. For the ones who likes plausible physics, tire model, car behavior ACC is great, for ones looking at fancy career mode and AI - not so much, as pretty much all other sims on the market. As for the championship points, there are already a few leagues running it, RD is about to run a GT3 championship on it, also SMS is in a process to support it.
As far as I remember, they also mentioned a more scheduled CP servers in the near future, so the good MP is just coming :)

EDIT: It is Blancpain Europe, with only Europe tracks, so it is to be expected to be mostly popular in Europe.

Well, I race in MP every evening pretty much. I don't care about steamDB, - there are always 20+ racers in CP servers and at least 6-7 other servers with players
Well, you guys in Europe are lucky, in my time zone by the time I get to fire up ACC usually there's only one server with more than 6 players, if I'm lucky there will be one with more than 10 players. And as a result the races are usually hot-lapping as the chance to get another player with the same pace is very small.

That's why many of us in the american time zones are forced to play SP mode, and there are still lots of small annoying issues (though with each update there are less and less).

I'm in the APAC time zone. I find online races late at night or early in the morning here.
If not I just do quick races or hot lap/stint
I'm completely unaware of the issues with career mode etc., as I literally have no need for it.
Just like rF2... why do I need a mode that talks me through what to do next?
I can choose from the menu, tracks, cars, opponents and skill levels. Time and length of the race and even the weather.
Why this isn't enough for people that want to simulate driving a race car with detailed physics at expertly modelled circuits is beyond me.
But hey, different folks like stroking different things... or something like that ;)

I don’t get it either. Each to their own I guess. ACC is for sure limited in what it offers. Only one series, only one geography (so far), and it hasn’t done a lot as far as the “game side of things”. So if that’s not for you, feel free to pass.

If however you care about a highly detailed sim, with excellent physics, FFB, graphics, Tyre model, laser scanned tracks, setup options & motec, netcode dynamic weather, convincing AI, day / night cycle - then maybe take a look.

It’s niche, but it’s not dead. Most leagues seem to be picking it up and it works great. For those in the US, for example, there aren’t that many public servers sometimes so join a league like ESR. You’ll find some awesome ACC racing to be had.

Can I get a free demo to test this before I buy? Simbin and Sector3 has always figured out the opportunity to test the demo version before buying, it seems that this game is very limited as only one class included, I would like to drive very fast open wheeler, is it impossible with this game? Why they released this poor game so early, at now customers act as beta testers and pay for it, that's so weird. Maybe a new trend but normally I'll do a test drive before I buy a new car or new simulation.

Not sure about GTR3 but I'm sure we will have Beta version also available as soon it is released, right?

Yours, Lord GTR3, His Master's voice...

looking forward hearing what you think we've copied/stolen from you this time :D :D :D :D :D
LOL

This ACC stuff is definitely not copied or stolen from me, It is too Good to be my work :)

ACC Beta testing continues, there's more bugs than in the forests...

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?forums/acc-troubleshooting.72/

It seems that ACC is far away finished game...47 pages insident report and still continues??? What the hell is this??? They already informed that this game is ready?

Found payable Demo from Steam, thanks for nothing.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/805550/Assetto_Corsa_Competizione/

"Screenshots and/or trailers may show content which may be not yet available. This content, once available, will be made available to previous ACC owners at no additional charge. For the full release roadmap, please check the following schedule: "

Full ACC game with all possible bugs Available from: Q1 - 2019
https://www.assettocorsa.net/competizione/roadmap/

Oh jee, only ingame screenshots available, no Demo to test it before buying? Steam is not option for Demo testing, I won't pay anything before testing.

https://www.assettocorsa.net/competizione/screenshot/

So smooth track and curbs, no visible polygons :)

https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/ste...099e464ae0a186c42d.1920x1080.jpg?t=1559566329

I believe that fully working GTR3 1.0 released before ACC is Bug free.

Yes, only working medicine for this ACC disease is GTR3 but it is not yet released, but of course I can wait forever it is so Good!

Yours, Lord GTR3, His master's voice.

Perhaps you should reduce your coffee consumption? Don't know…something seems off. :D
giphy.gif

Can I get a free demo to test this before I buy? Simbin and Sector3 has always figured out the opportunity to test the demo version before buying, it seems that this game is very limited as only one class included, I would like to drive very fast open wheeler, is it impossible with this game? Why they released this poor game so early, at now customers act as beta testers and pay for it, that's so weird. Maybe a new trend but normally I'll do a test drive before I buy a new car or new simulation.

Not sure about GTR3 but I'm sure we will have Beta version also available as soon it is released, right?

Yours, Lord GTR3, His Master's voice...
seems like your mind is already made up...what do you need a demo for?

I think when you get a very high end PC the honeymoon starts again. It´s an amazing game, but only for expensive machines.

I had a I5 and 1070 PC and the game was unplayable in Oculus Rift CV1 VR.
Now, with a I7 9700 and a 2080, it´s my best sim experience for now.
I used to play Project Cars 2 because it was the best graphics experience with the old PC. With the new PC, they are both graphically perfect in VR.
ACC still needs some optimization, but when I set VR Resolution at 140% (the setting lets up to 200%) it runs very very well. In some tracks and with 15 cars max, I can set it up to 170% and it´s amazing. In terms of handling, FFB, sound, and IA, it´s better than PC2, and all other sims I´ve tried.

I think when you get a very high end PC the honeymoon starts again. It´s an amazing game, but only for expensive machines.

I had a I5 and 1070 PC and the game was unplayable in Oculus Rift CV1 VR.
Now, with a I7 9700 and a 2080, it´s my best sim experience for now.
I used to play Project Cars 2 because it was the best graphics experience with the old PC. With the new PC, they are both graphically perfect in VR.
ACC still needs some optimization, but when I set VR Resolution at 140% (the setting lets up to 200%) it runs very very well. In some tracks and with 15 cars max, I can set it up to 170% and it´s amazing. In terms of handling, FFB, sound, and IA, it´s better than PC2, and all other sims I´ve tried.

I've brand new super hyper mega game PC waiting for GTR3, still playing with this 5 years old as it is still very good for Assetto Corsa and RaceRoom and older games, but I'll start using new one only when GTR3 released, I'll never install ACC if it is not contain more content soon, at least F1 cars must contain, also all race tracks all over the world alser scanned version, thanks.

I've brand new super hyper mega game PC waiting for GTR3

If you're so eagerly waiting for GTR3 you either missed when Simbin said it will be less realistic than Raceroom or you have very low standards when it comes to racing sims. Are you a troll? :O_o:

I'll never install ACC if it is not contain more content soon, at least F1 cars must contain, also all race tracks all over the world alser scanned version, thanks.

Now I know you're a troll for sure, expecting F1 cars in a GT3 game. I'm sure you'll find lots of F1 cars in GTR3 :roflmao:

Now I know you're a troll for sure, expecting F1 cars in a GT3 game. I'm sure you'll find lots of F1 cars in GTR3 :roflmao:
There will the best F1 mods ever. RaceRoom already have good F1 mod so why not GTR3? You should know that I bought my new PC for ACC as my old one is not suitable for ACC, but it seems that ACC never finished, too many bugs available, not so interested anymore. Kunos, please try harder!!! make ACC work before any release.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.6%