Is honeymoon over?

• Thread starter Deleted member 197115
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 197115

• Deleted member 197115

Interesting analysis, what do you think

it's easy to find servers in European prime time but the racing is not very hot, players are either very quick or very rough or slow like me and just picking up positions from wrecked chaps. So far I've always come home in top ten, I think, where by speed I should be somewhere in the 20s, but I haven't yet had a meaningful fight/race due to the heterogenous fields, other than iRacing in the populated series. Also: when will we finally see the competition servers working for many of us who still get the "not working in your area" and hence have no competitive rating yet.

This is indeed true, but this also brings the point of why 13 out of 20 fast guys will not be able to finish the race ?
I don't think by speed you will be in 20s, as if the wrecked chaps had to put safer setup and risk less so to actually be able to lap consitently trough the race and finish it, they wouldn't be as fast.

yep, I think it's About how deep you go into Sim-mode, as in: this is a deadly piece of tech I'm sitting in, so better be careful, vs. this is just a game, so what the ...
There is definitely a clash of interests between the traditional PC sim enthusiast and the gamer.

Sims to me were always about simulating a machine. Whether it's a car, boat, bus, train, plane, etc...

There often was no "game" to simulators, you got the enjoyment from operating the machine. I'm not at all against the gaming side of simulators, they do make them more entertaining, but fundamentally I want to simulate a machine, the game part is secondary.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 323 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 223 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 281 13.4%