Is honeymoon over?

• Thread starter Deleted member 197115
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 197115

• Deleted member 197115

Interesting analysis, what do you think

One sentence was enough to make a summary for the real reasons why many drivers are letting ACC aside .... while there's no better optimization and bugs correction.
If some already have problems with a perfect PC config .... how can the drivers with mid or lower configs find their pleasure with crashes, stutterings, freezes, etc ....

It cannot be honeymoon now if the perfect wedding didn't happen yet. ;)

I think the analysis could be better.

First IMO it is silly to compare the peak players at at lunch with the lowest point on the daily cycle (perhaps its because he's Canadian and their peak time is ACCs low point). I'd suggest a fairer measure is comparing the 4200 peak at launch with the 800 peaks currently.

So having produced a fairer measure of the decline in concurrent users you then have to evaluate whether this decline is "normal" or not. A quick look at other racing titles indicates most newly released games suffer a marked decline in player numbers from launch. In the first month PC2 peak players dropped by 56%, F1 2018 dropped by 67% and Dirt Rally 2 dropped by 68%. However, ACC peak players dropping by 81% of launch peak in the first month does seem worse than you would expect.

Thirdly, I think one of ACCs bad points he missed is performance. If you have a good PC, ACC runs fine, but for those of us with older PCs (mine is 2.5 years old) it doesn't. To the point I can't race against 20 AI in ACC, while I can in other titles with at least 60 fps. If you read the comments below the video, performance comes up regularly so I am not alone.

My other issue with ACC is I don't find most of the cars as much fun to drive as they are in other sims. Clearly this is a far from universal view but equally I don't think I'm the only one.

With this in mind I find the proposed remedies somewhat irrelevant.

• Deleted member 197115

I don't think he is much off, 2 digits is exaggeration of course but trend is obvious and alarming.
upload_2019-7-2_11-0-30.png

This is AC for comparison
upload_2019-7-2_11-2-44.png

As for crushes and bad optimisation, I don't really get what people are complaining about. I play on a gaming laptop with 1060 and i7, connected to the monitor, and do not have any crushes and fps drops. The game always maintains steady 60 fps with 30 people online

Again, maybe I'm just lucky but my PC is 7 years old... only new bit is the GTX1070 and even that is old in tech years...
I dont have crashes, my i7 3770k watercooled and OC'd to 4.4Ghz allows me to race 19 AI with most settings on High.
(I've not tried going higher than 19 so maybe I'll test this today)
I think I only have mirrors on Med for each setting.
All in all, I love the racing online and on the club events here. If people here and online keep playing it then so will I. Stats don't mean anything until the servers are dead...

Theres been some discussion on this in the official forum and a dev has commented that they're happy with the sales performance. Not sure if that's is sincere or just trying to stay positive.

I don't think it's dead, but they had to crush it with the limited content/series they published and they did anything but that. Graphics are good if you are a single screen user, but outside of that VR is rough and there isn't any triple screen support.

Maybe they recover it. There's still time, but it's not looking great at the moment.

Yes, there is still time to turn this around. Also there is the new content coming at some point right?
Car refresh and an extra track.
If they can sort the optimisation issues that some are experiencing, along with VR etc., and then release new content too, maybe it'll regain some lost ground.
At the end of the day, I've had more than enough fun with it after paying my early access fee. Its been great fun and I can see it continuing this way if I'm honest.
Even if it doesn't, it's a new chapter for Kunos with their next project and taking what they have learned will only assist them with creating the next title.

It is a good question.
I have about no problem running the game at epic.
No crash etc...
I dont regret having purchased the game in early access from day one.

But now, the honeymoon is slowly over, at least for me.
And that for only one simple reason.

Do you any over racing game in which you can not have access to your laptime records ? ?
It was acceptable in early access, but now it is slowly becoming a joke to be polite.

Do you remember that there was many options in player page which just disapeared with 1.0.

Do you know any other game with "competition" in the name in which there is an option for that in rating page which is not available.

I consider myself on strike from now!
I will come back to the game when this will be fixed. These are mandatory thing for a racing game (laptimes )
I doubt Kunos really care. He has already got my money after all.

I find there are many similarities with PC2: unripe product and many disappointed expectations. For example, how can you market a product based on endurance races and not be able to save a race in progress after one month from publishing?
For me the honeymoon is over and it has been, at the moment, a huge disappointment.

I find there are many similarities with PC2: unripe product and many disappointed expectations. For example, how can you market a product based on endurance races and not be able to save a race in progress after one month from publishing?
For me the honeymoon is over and it has been, at the moment, a huge disappointment.

However unlike SMS Kunos care about their product and will polish it in the future. At least that's what happened with AC and that’s my experience. My guess is that they will expand ACC with other series sometime and ACC with GT3 is just the basis for now.

I hope you are right.
I am not sure that what applies to assetto corsa applies for ACC too.
Netkar pro was in my opinion a fantastic sim and it has been abandoned at some point.
I am sceptical if ACC will ever been finished. I speak about global content (laptime, competition rating, saving during races), and not about optimization

Other thing.
It is pure speculation, but I think that kunos is evaluating at the moment if the game can be ported on console or not. All the ressources go there.
If not, I am about sure that the game will follow the path of netkar pro

netKar Pro... first release April 2006, last release December 2010. :rolleyes:

Thanks for answering.
I am now sure that you have read the opinion (right or wrong) from one of the biggest fan of your work .
I will for sure purchase again the next game from day one.

Some aspect of ACC are pure genius and unique, some are not adapted to the global quality and potential of the title

• Deleted member 197115

This. /\
Stefano, what's next, do you evaluate other engines for new title or trying to focus on oprimizing UE4, is it even possible to make it run as good as AC?

ACC
Game that covers only one genre (GT3 and with few tracks)
Boring single player, career mode is joke.
Multiplayer sometimes works (central part of the game anyways but so far not even close to expectations)
Random Crashes/Bugs performance issues.

Vs

AC1.
unlimited selection of cars/tracks.
amazing modding community.
CSP/ContentManager/SOL makes the game look incredible
runs amazing on any PC

what did you expect?
AC1 is gonna be around for next 10+ years unless there is competitor that has modding support and good graphics/physics engine.

at end of the day Kunos took decision to try outsourced engine probably learned a lot what strengths/mistakes were for the future.

I hope that ACC is not their last game.

Next time Kunos should release just one or two cars e one track... unrelated, of course, with more content dropping in a regular basis...

and from time to time keep releasing road maps with bug fixes and promises, for a neverending game.

That´s is considered to be a "successful" racing game. :rolleyes:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 88 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 72 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 44 6.3%
  • < 5 years