• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Is honeymoon over?

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione' started by Andrew_WOT, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Richard Dastardly

Richard Dastardly

Ratings:
    +230
  2. xnorb

xnorb
    Premium

Ratings:
    +515
    So just had my first few races online and wow, playercount is dramatically low for EU evening.
    No problems here with crashes or stuttering but i still have no clue how this rating system works as it tells me i'm always too aggressive and those curbs really pull you to the inside of the corner a lot.

I really don't like the auto-brake feature on the grid, but maybe you can disable it? don't know :)

There's some weird thing happening though - i have stable 60 FPS, but it looks like it's running on 30, it's not as smooth as i expect it to be at 60 FPS.

3. Eckhart von Glan

Eckhart von Glan

Ratings:
    +1,118
    yep, considering iRacing still gets about 200 players in their GT3 sprint series using sort of oldish cars at the same time slot (well, it' Spa this week, so probably a popular track, but still).

4. xnorb

xnorb
    Premium

Ratings:
    +515
    People don't play iRacing because of cars / tracks / physics but because of the framework.

If iRacing had only single races without giving people incentive for participating online (championship, licence system) then iRacing would most likely be dead by now.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT

Ratings:
    +526
    ACC dropped more than 40% of players in the last month.
    Disappointing considering all these new updates from Kunos. :(
    upload_2019-7-24_9-39-6.png

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. tlsmikey

tlsmikey

Ratings:
    +273
    Core issues are still there. Triples support, VR performance and overall graphical performance hasn't been addressed. The tire model update might be cool, but I don't think that's what's keeping people out.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Jempy

Jempy
    Premium

Ratings:
    +387
    Just the warmth surely and the holiday time for many of us ..... ( not me, I'm always +- in holiday :D )
    Did you have a look at the other platforms ? .... there's maybe a similar drop for other ones ?

Moreover, leagues are often running much less events in those 2 months of july and august.

8. Kafir

Kafir

Ratings:
    +1
    Did something happen? Right now the game just peaked above 1k players. Last time this happened was over a month ago.

https://steamdb.info/app/805550/graphs/

EDIT: Decided to start the game and check lobbies, there's currently 167 players in public lobbies, so yea it's weird.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
  9. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT

Ratings:
    +526
    upload_2019-7-24_12-36-6.png

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jempy

Jempy
    Premium

Ratings:
    +387
    Of course you're right, Andrew .... but 1st month after just the V1.0 release was of course much a month of discovery of the full 'simulation' .... so surely normal that the number of players was higher than it should be in normal months.

Now it's a fact that some of the encountered problems for some or surely more than we may think resulted in a kind of disappointment ( VR - Triples - crashes - stuttering - Server problems - lost ratings etc... etc ... ) for many users .... and they are surely waiting now for more fixes, addition of what was taken off the game ... and I surely forget some other details.

And moreover, even with a perfect start, not sure every driver will drive only GT3 for months. ;)
    AC still remains the big concurrent for ACC .... less demanding, less problems and more cars, more tracks and now SOL and Shader Patch.... a full new game nearly.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. DotComRich

DotComRich

Ratings:
    +24
    I've been giving ACC a go the past few nights and something about the traction loss physics just don't seem right to me. I can catch a slide 90% of the time in every game I play (iRacing, PC2, AC, Dirt Rally etc..) but this game just seems to take it to the next level. I am lucky to catch 10% of my slides. It's like I am driving on ice, and if I touch a kerb or some grass forget it, instant spin out.

Is it just me or is this game whack?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  12. Cristian Haba

Cristian Haba
    Premium

Ratings:
    +489
    9.9/10 times... its you

Curb issues are well documented, and will probably be sorted in 1.0.7 - see thread about 5 point tire model.

13. liby88

liby88

Ratings:
    +22
    i love the game the only thing i miss is the nice looking pitstop crew that was in the game short time and maybe some gt4 cars otherwise its the perfect racing sim for me

14. winston malcolm

winston malcolm

Ratings:
    +46
    Uninstalled after trying 1.0.7 I'm afraid. There's no point listing all the reasons but the fact that every update seams to break something is frustrating.Now I can't change the car setup after teleporting back to the pits. I don't enjoy the driving as it is, if I am unable to change the setup mid-race too well....... Back to AC and VR for the foreseeable.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Mr Deap

Mr Deap

Ratings:
    +85
    The sales & active player are impressive. GT3 & outside planet earth species is very niche.

16. Fatalist88

Fatalist88

Ratings:
    +60
    Any update on triple screen support?

17. Jonathan Young

Jonathan Young
    Premium

Ratings:
    +69
    I really don’t get the hate for ACC, unless you’re a VR or Triples user as I know it’s still not properly optimized there. Otherwise, ACC does what it does (simulating the Blancpain series) brilliantly. I have a decent machine, but not a rocket, and it runs perfectly at maxed settings. It looks, sounds and feels incredible much better than AC, even with Sol.

Sure there are still a couple of minor things missing but they’re getting fixed quickly. People had an issue with the curbs, and that got fixed. Same with with mid-race saves, fixed. The fixes are coming thick and fast people, let’s be a little patient - and in the meantime, enjoy the most convincing GT3 simulation that there is.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Kafir

Kafir

Ratings:
    +1
    No it doesn't, career is extremely bad and that is supposed to simulate the "blancpain experience".

Also barely anyone plays this, there's only 1 time of the day where you can find lobbies with people. Probably because there's not much point as there's no profile or meaningful goals.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. Metzger82

Metzger82
    Premium

Ratings:
    +75
    1. How good is the career in RF2, RRE, AC1, or any other sim out there ?

2. At least at EU time zone evening hours, there is always at least a few servers full with people and CP server including. There are quite a lot of people playing it, may be more than RF2 and I recently checked that there were more people in the ACC lobby than in the AC1, in AC1, there were people only in the nordschlife practice server(at least an hour back).

3. In which SIM aside iRacing, there are any meaningful goals in the official MP system ? In fact, the ACC is the only one with CP and RC ratings which are coming along nicely.

If you expect it to be like F1 20xx or Forza, morza or other console junk, fortunately it is not in the same category and hopefully will never be like them, so if you like those games, better stick with them and leave ACC alone.

EDIT: And yes, it does simulate GT3 briliantly, I doubt there are better simulated and modelled GT3 cars out there. They feel great, sounds great and looks great. Very unique characteristics are modelled for each of them and tire model details are remarkable - this is why it simulates it briliantly, not because it has some fancy animations and scripted careers.

20. Kafir

Kafir

Ratings:
    +1
    Why are you comparing? All those games have careers just as bad or non existent. I judge ACC career for what it's, and it's just horrible.
    Feel free to call other games junk, that won't make ACC look better though.

You can easily check ACC population on sites like steamdb. Outside of peak time, game barely has players so MP is pretty much dead. RC is useless, CP is useless. SA is somewhat useful but there's not enough players for it to mater that much.

Simulation is more than just physics, just saying. Just because the driving is good doesn't mean it's simulating the "blancpain experience". Game doesn't even have championship points, jez.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.