Inmersive Filter - ACC style + SOL + RESHADE [Photorealism]

Misc Inmersive Filter - ACC style + SOL + RESHADE [Photorealism] v13

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi. Thanks for response.
I did what you suggested but still have a bit od light on the edges.
I'm using CSP 0.1.52, Sol 1.61and reshade 4.7.0
Do you maybe have a set of settings that always work (Video settings from assetto, CSP and reshade) you can share ?
I see... well if the AntiAliasing didn't help to change (or even add MSAA x2/x4 or x8) if you're using the non-reshade version, i assume this is an excesive reflection from the car material shader or simply a higher light bounce as i mentioned before, did you tried to low or disable entirelly the SGSI in ExtraFX to check if this problem is gone?, if the problem gets fixed while disabling it then the cause is the excesive ligth bounce (intensity/strenght) and if the problem persist maybe it is related to the .lua file (Sol modification of my ppfilter) or the car shader material as i mentioned.
I'll suggest to try the sgsi first, also you can check to disable SSLR to see if this reflection adition is causing it ( i don't think so really but maybe...) and then switch the car for another one from Kunos, to check if the problem is the car material being to reflective to the ground and environment (if this is the cause, then my sol modification in the .lua file of the filter is a bit aggresive)

Wish I could figure out what CSP\AC\Video card setting I may have set wrong to make the non-reshade filter look nothing like the pictures in your description. Those pics look amazing. On my system, this filter renders with a dark grey, almost purple looking sky. Anything green is yellow\brown and all the colors are ridiculously washed out. I have gone over every setting I could think of to try and resolve this with no luck. Even went as far as going back to a base AC installation and then reinstalling CSP and Sol.

I can tell from the pics that this is a great looking filter. I just hope I can resolve my issues with it some day to see it in it's full glory.

Hi just one simple question: the right way to install the new version of reshade 1.47 is to follow the same process I did for first installation? This will overwrite the folders? Thank you so much in advance

Wish I could figure out what CSP\AC\Video card setting I may have set wrong to make the non-reshade filter look nothing like the pictures in your description. Those pics look amazing. On my system, this filter renders with a dark grey, almost purple looking sky. Anything green is yellow\brown and all the colors are ridiculously washed out. I have gone over every setting I could think of to try and resolve this with no luck. Even went as far as going back to a base AC installation and then reinstalling CSP and Sol.

I can tell from the pics that this is a great looking filter. I just hope I can resolve my issues with it some day to see it in it's full glory.
Hmm... your color change issues are a bit strange because even if it was a LUT fault the sky or blue tones should look aqua-green not purple, did you installed SOL correctly?
The ppfilter non-reshade works altogether with a .lua file that will modify SOL config app according to my ppfilter, you can force the file to work as debug if you move the .lua file from system/cfg/ppfilters/custom_sol_config/ into the folder "assettocorsa/extension/weather/sol/->" that'll make the .lua file to work 100%, is not the proper way but if the .lua file is the problem, this should fix it. If the problem is the gradient (color gradding) you can try to right click on my ppfilter (in game post-processfx App or PhotomodeApp with latest CSP version), click EDIT-> COLOR -> color_gradding On/Off, to check if it is working or not somehow.

Hi just one simple question: the right way to install the new version of reshade 1.47 is to follow the same process I did for first installation? This will overwrite the folders? Thank you so much in advance
Yes, the reshade instalation is the same, Open as admin -> next -> select game -> select shaders packs -> edit settings or simply fnish instalation. If you have any version of reshade before this one it'll ask you for update-replace-uninstall

Hmm... your color change issues are a bit strange because even if it was a LUT fault the sky or blue tones should look aqua-green not purple, did you installed SOL correctly?
The ppfilter non-reshade works altogether with a .lua file that will modify SOL config app according to my ppfilter, you can force the file to work as debug if you move the .lua file from system/cfg/ppfilters/custom_sol_config/ into the folder "assettocorsa/extension/weather/sol/->" that'll make the .lua file to work 100%, is not the proper way but if the .lua file is the problem, this should fix it. If the problem is the gradient (color gradding) you can try to right click on my ppfilter (in game post-processfx App or PhotomodeApp with latest CSP version), click EDIT-> COLOR -> color_gradding On/Off, to check if it is working or not somehow.

I agree, it is strange and I can't figure it out. It's the only filter I use that has this strange behavior so I don't think it is an installation issue with Sol. Plus, before I posted above, I totally reset my AC install to stock and reinstalled CSP and Sol with no luck. I have tried turning color grading on/off and that wasn't the issue. I didn't try moving the .lua file so I will try that next. I really want to get this figured out because I just love what I see in your preview pics.

hi, i haven't been able to get any of the reshade going at all. nothing at all shows up, no reshade compiling thing, no nothing. installed it as usual, hitting home just brings up the game's command console.

using csp 0.1.52, and sol is the latest version.

i may be stupid here, though. very new to AC, used reshade with other games fine though.

renamed dxgi to d3d11 as it crashed, but reshade still does nothing :/

hi, i haven't been able to get any of the reshade going at all. nothing at all shows up, no reshade compiling thing, no nothing. installed it as usual, hitting home just brings up the game's command console.

using csp 0.1.52, and sol is the latest version.

i may be stupid here, though. very new to AC, used reshade with other games fine though.

renamed dxgi to d3d11 as it crashed, but reshade still does nothing :/
1- install reshade v4.7 (or any version above 4.3) as admin
2- select the game executable "acs.exe" this means 64bits executable
3- check the next stuff in CM
-Content manager -> settings ->CM settings -> DRIVE -> "uncheck" Force/Use 32 bits executable mode
-Check the box "Flip dxgi model in windows 10" in Content Manager > Settings >Custom shader path Settings > General settings

That being said, reshade "dxgi.dll" should start when the game 64bits mode is runing "acs.exe" if the game doesn't start, try to rename again to d3d11.dll, but that setting of "flip dxgi model in windows10" should already fix your compatibility issue with CSP + Reshade

Yes, the reshade instalation is the same, Open as admin -> next -> select game -> select shaders packs -> edit settings or simply fnish instalation. If you have any version of reshade before this one it'll ask you for update-replace-uninstall
I gave a chance to the Non Reshade Immersive and wow it works so great with lower performance loss. For my use it is really ok. Thank you for it

Just an update for you. I think I finally got it to render correctly, but I can't believe what I had to do. Makes me think I really have some setting wrong in AC somewhere. Basically, I had to remove all the Nerd Sky type stuff from the .lua file to get the sky to render correctly. Then I had to make a bunch of other small adjustments to the Contrast\Saturation\Brightness as well as the Auto Exposure numbers to get the other colors to look right, but that part is normal. With all the different monitors and monitor setups out there, no filter is going to look exactly correct without some minor adjustments from the user.

The sky part of the .lua file is what puzzles me. Makes me think I don't have Sol installed correctly if it took removing the nerd sky entries from the .lua file to fix the sky. I will have to look into that again, but at least I got a working version of your filter now. And BTW, it does look great. Glad I found a way to use it.

Just got around to trying your v11/12 with Sol 1.6 and latest CSP. After adjusting for the reshade and fake raytracing I got it working quickly and gained around 20-40fps depending on track. Got a solid 90+ at Spa, 85+ at LAC and 100+ at Nurburgring. Not sure where the improvement comes from as it looks as amazing as ever. The adjustment of Sol color temp and CSP lights does wonders to quick adjustment. Will try it around Shutoko tomorrow.

l2FQYBf.png

B5XRnfx.png

0JsatOC.png

wFHNBgX.png

It's more effective and simple than ever with epic results. Rock on!

First of all, I love this filter, even Reshade doesn't drop FPS too much with a GTX1650. Nice work!

But I'm getting a faint grid-like texture all over the screenshots. Here's an example, it's 4K image so just zoom it in:

As far as I know all the settings should be correct, only thing I did was to disable auto-focus from Quint (for obvious reasons).
With the non-Reshade version there was no such texture, so it probably comes with the Reshade, but I have no idea what to check or change.

EDIT: This seems to be caused qUINT_sharp.FX, and the fact that I have 2X resolution multiplier in CSP's Nice Screenshots -settings. There is some very faint grid texture even with sharpening disabled, but enabling it enhances it and brings it up in places it wasn't noticeable before. And of course my resolution multiplier makes it even more noticeable.
That said, I still don't know what makes this texture come up in the first place, none of my pre-reshade screenshots have no trace of it anywhere.

Last edited:
Really nice picture!
Thanks, but after trying out different settings, now I can't get proper 4K images anymore - even with the settings back where they were. Everything is now pixelated when viewing at full size, just like it would be when using 2x zoom on an image. Some postprocessing on CSP's Nice Screenshots has stopped working, it seems. Should never have touched anything...

Update and some kind of a summary:
- the only way now for me to get non-pixelated resolution-multiplied screenshots is to turn FXAA on in Assetto Corsa/Video settings, but this screws up colors
- any Post-processing antialiasing choice in CSP/Graphic adjustments seems to do nothing
- interestingly, before doing any changes, setting exposure in Photo Mode app over 100% did no visible change, but now I have the whole 0-200% range working effectively - although it's useless since the screenshots basically now suck anyway.

Question:
What are the correct settings for getting screenshots with resolution multiplier, when Reshade is used? Or should I just try uninstalling Reshade and then re-install?

Last edited:
Update and some kind of a summary:
- the only way now for me to get non-pixelated resolution-multiplied screenshots is to turn FXAA on in Assetto Corsa/Video settings, but this screws up colors
- any Post-processing antialiasing choice in CSP/Graphic adjustments seems to do nothing
- interestingly, before doing any changes, setting exposure in Photo Mode app over 100% did no visible change, but now I have the whole 0-200% range working effectively - although it's useless since the screenshots basically now suck anyway.

Question:
What are the correct settings for getting screenshots with resolution multiplier, when Reshade is used? Or should I just try uninstalling Reshade and then re-install?
Where there should be no reason for a reshade reinstall to be honest, the fact that you're getting pixelated or over-sharpening effects is maybe due to this issue, the sharpening, i'll suggest you to try disable sharpening effects in reshade, disable FXAA in video settings to make reshade work in screenshot AACumulation (Post-Process FXAA methods from Graphical Adjustments will not wrk if Video FXAA is disable*unchecked). Use SMAA+FXAA in reshade and try to start the session with MSAA x2/x4/x8(experimental) until the reshade effects appear in-game. Why i'm saying this... effects like raytracing/DOF/mxAO (ambientOclusion) needs access DepthBuffer to work, but the MSAA Anti Aliasing from video settings use this DepthBuffer channel so it blocks out the work of Reshade for this kind of effects, sometimes... just sometimes... you're able to start AssettoCorsa using MSAA x2/x4/x8 and yet, still be able to access Depth buffer, you can check this by just going into DX11 tab in reshade windows (in-game) and check if your resolution is Greyed Out with an " | MSAA" at the right side, if this happen.. MSAA is using the DepthBuffer and reshade can't acces. If you enable MSAA (let's say) "x8 (experimental)" and yet you have none setting greyed out in DX11 tab in reshade, then you're good. You'll have MSAA working and Reshade at the same time, but this is not 100% guaranteed.
Maybe you can try to enable any MSAA in video settings and go to General Settings (in CM>CSP) and check the setting "Flip dxgi for windows 10" and check again if MSAA+Reshade is working, as this'll modify dwrite.dll (CSP file) and allow reshade to work properly i assume, but this is pure speculation, in case it works let me know.

Where there should be no reason for a reshade reinstall to be honest, the fact that you're getting pixelated or over-sharpening effects is maybe due to this issue, the sharpening, i'll suggest you to try disable sharpening effects in reshade, disable FXAA in video settings to make reshade work in screenshot AACumulation (Post-Process FXAA methods from Graphical Adjustments will not wrk if Video FXAA is disable*unchecked). Use SMAA+FXAA in reshade and try to start the session with MSAA x2/x4/x8(experimental) until the reshade effects appear in-game. Why i'm saying this... effects like raytracing/DOF/mxAO (ambientOclusion) needs access DepthBuffer to work, but the MSAA Anti Aliasing from video settings use this DepthBuffer channel so it blocks out the work of Reshade for this kind of effects, sometimes... just sometimes... you're able to start AssettoCorsa using MSAA x2/x4/x8 and yet, still be able to access Depth buffer, you can check this by just going into DX11 tab in reshade windows (in-game) and check if your resolution is Greyed Out with an " | MSAA" at the right side, if this happen.. MSAA is using the DepthBuffer and reshade can't acces. If you enable MSAA (let's say) "x8 (experimental)" and yet you have none setting greyed out in DX11 tab in reshade, then you're good. You'll have MSAA working and Reshade at the same time, but this is not 100% guaranteed.
Maybe you can try to enable any MSAA in video settings and go to General Settings (in CM>CSP) and check the setting "Flip dxgi for windows 10" and check again if MSAA+Reshade is working, as this'll modify dwrite.dll (CSP file) and allow reshade to work properly i assume, but this is pure speculation, in case it works let me know.
Unfortunately nothing you suggested worked, thanks for trying though.
MSAA and Reshade didn't work at the same time on any MSAA settings, and I'm still unable to get screenshots that look like they're rendered at 4k (my native resolution 1920x1080 with 2x resolution multiplier). Instead they look like 1920x1080 that are shown at 200%.

When I choose the "Flip DXGI" option, Reshade doesn't work at all - I don't get to the settings at all.

I enabled FXAA and SMAA in Reshade, didn't do much else except mess up the UI fonts.
At this point I would happily take the sharpening artifacts back, at least I got 4K screenshots back then.

Unfortunately nothing you suggested worked, thanks for trying though.
MSAA and Reshade didn't work at the same time on any MSAA settings, and I'm still unable to get screenshots that look like they're rendered at 4k (my native resolution 1920x1080 with 2x resolution multiplier). Instead they look like 1920x1080 that are shown at 200%.

When I choose the "Flip DXGI" option, Reshade doesn't work at all - I don't get to the settings at all.

I enabled FXAA and SMAA in Reshade, didn't do much else except mess up the UI fonts.
At this point I would happily take the sharpening artifacts back, at least I got 4K screenshots back then.
Hmm... i don't know where the problem is starting to be honest, i was able before (in CSP 1.56 or so) to take x2 or x3 pics with reshade enable and no problem, without using sharpening and using FXAA/SMAA (you can reset settings to default if you want or make it stronger-weaker in the settings of the effect in reshade btw) maybe there is something to modify on Nice_Screenshot in CM to fix this temporaly or permanent, you can also check ExtraFX motionBlur+TAA, as the Temporal AntiAliasing only works when MotionBlur is enable and it'll smooth the edges as well

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.