Inmersive Filter - ACC style + SOL + RESHADE [Photorealism]

Misc Inmersive Filter - ACC style + SOL + RESHADE [Photorealism] v13

Login or Register an account to download this content
TO have MXAO do you need to disable MSAA and FXAA? Can I still run Extra FX in CSP and have Temporal AA? I think I get awesome images on replay and then when I take a shot I lose the Reshade effects.

Also should CSP Motion Blur be set to 0?

Thanks. This is the hardest PP filter to get right, but IMO has the most potential

Had the same issues. For the screenshots disable FXAA in AC video settings, leave CSP 'Nice Screenshots' on as is.

You can still run 'Extra FX' including the blur (in Extra FX and the accumulated blur in Nice Screenshots).

I also disabled MSAA but am unsure if that is necessary, it was for me as I had to reset my Radeon settings as well and with MSAA off and settings reset it runs like a charme:

2NlBfIJ.png

TO have MXAO do you need to disable MSAA and FXAA? Can I still run Extra FX in CSP and have Temporal AA? I think I get awesome images on replay and then when I take a shot I lose the Reshade effects.

Also should CSP Motion Blur be set to 0?

Thanks. This is the hardest PP filter to get right, but IMO has the most potential
MSAA = should be disable if the app Reshade can't detect (and use) Depth Buffer as i show on the screens inside the .rar
FXAA =should be disable because this will cause Reshade Effects to dissapear on the Screenshot (F8) result
TAA = it can be enable all you want, it is an extra setting from ExtraFX and works altogether with Motion Blur
Motion Blur = whatever you want, Enable or Disable, it'll not mess with my mod :)

MSAA = should be disable if the app Reshade can't detect (and use) Depth Buffer as i show on the screens inside the .rar
FXAA =should be disable because this will cause Reshade Effects to dissapear on the Screenshot (F8) result
TAA = it can be enable all you want, it is an extra setting from ExtraFX and works altogether with Motion Blur
Motion Blur = whatever you want, Enable or Disable, it'll not mess with my mod :)
Despite of that with in game and replays with my GPU Nvidia RTX 2060 Super I am getting better results keeping the FXAA on.

Despite of that with in game and replays with my GPU Nvidia RTX 2060 Super I am getting better results keeping the FXAA on.

- MSAA: As already was said: disable for MXAO - its subtle but looks great when you directly compare it (easy to compare by selecting the "wrong" DX 11 channel)
- FXAA: I noticed no difference in screenshots with FXAA either. So i left it enabled, looks fine to me. Has little impact subjectively spoken...
- TAA: The biggest improvement for me was enabling TAA for outside spectator views. There i noticed turning off MSAA the most - had alot of tearing at the bodylines of the car / sharp edges. With TAA its back to beautiful again!
- Motion Blur: Personally left it off, generally do not like the effect too much, but will try it - see if it improves my immersion.

- General Tip: The tip with disabling extra FX in cockpit view improved my cockpit look and feel (it looked too dark with extra fx for some reason?) and improved my framerate by around 30% to a rock stable 80 FPS (RTX 2060, WQHD, everything maxed...).

@el_mattpro: I think this mod is great and offers alot but the initial setup is a bit tricky. I also took a look at horizon shades (https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/new-horizon-shades.32330/) -> there he provided settings files already for AC Video settings / CSP. Maybe this would also help people with initial setup? Just an idea though.

I am trying hard to remember what my biggest issues were during initial setup, but to be honest - i did not find it overly difficult.
Except one thing: Some things are mentioned in the readme in the mod, some things in screenhots, some things in the description of the mod here in race department. If I would have one improvement request i would with for an updated version containing all the information in one central place.
Like "Step 1: Cleanup Tutorial (Remove x + y before installing), Step 2: Setup Reshade -> Folder with screens, Step 3 -> copy stuff , Step 4 -> Settings in Content Manager / AC / CSP, Step 5-> ingame settings (reshade, mxao...))

@el_mattpro -> how can I buy you a cup o coffee? :coffee:;)

PS: If anyone is willing to share helpful settings tips for CSP / extra FX or share an example setting with focus on visual quality i would like to try it ... the options there are still overwhelming for me. :alien:

- MSAA: As already was said: disable for MXAO - its subtle but looks great when you directly compare it (easy to compare by selecting the "wrong" DX 11 channel)
- FXAA: I noticed no difference in screenshots with FXAA either. So i left it enabled, looks fine to me. Has little impact subjectively spoken...
- TAA: The biggest improvement for me was enabling TAA for outside spectator views. There i noticed turning off MSAA the most - had alot of tearing at the bodylines of the car / sharp edges. With TAA its back to beautiful again!
- Motion Blur: Personally left it off, generally do not like the effect too much, but will try it - see if it improves my immersion.

- General Tip: The tip with disabling extra FX in cockpit view improved my cockpit look and feel (it looked too dark with extra fx for some reason?) and improved my framerate by around 30% to a rock stable 80 FPS (RTX 2060, WQHD, everything maxed...).

@el_mattpro: I think this mod is great and offers alot but the initial setup is a bit tricky. I also took a look at horizon shades (https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/new-horizon-shades.32330/) -> there he provided settings files already for AC Video settings / CSP. Maybe this would also help people with initial setup? Just an idea though.

I am trying hard to remember what my biggest issues were during initial setup, but to be honest - i did not find it overly difficult.
Except one thing: Some things are mentioned in the readme in the mod, some things in screenhots, some things in the description of the mod here in race department. If I would have one improvement request i would with for an updated version containing all the information in one central place.
Like "Step 1: Cleanup Tutorial (Remove x + y before installing), Step 2: Setup Reshade -> Folder with screens, Step 3 -> copy stuff , Step 4 -> Settings in Content Manager / AC / CSP, Step 5-> ingame settings (reshade, mxao...))

@el_mattpro -> how can I buy you a cup o coffee? :coffee:;)

PS: If anyone is willing to share helpful settings tips for CSP / extra FX or share an example setting with focus on visual quality i would like to try it ... the options there are still overwhelming for me. :alien:
The disabling extra FX in cockpit is the game-changer, I agree. I even tried disabling the individual effects for cockpit view one by one but none of them compare with just disabling extra fx completely (for interior).

I tried Horizon too and whilst it's good in one way that it configures everything, that is also one of the main reasons I didn't like it. Everyone has different opinions on what looks good or bad so I think people should have this choice. I'm also not a fan of the pre-installed reshade that it ships with. Great for people who don't really know any better, but not for me.

The results I'm getting using this filter are the best I've had. Don't mess with it. It's perfect.
97107809_1161212394243551_1514322773269282816_o.jpg

The disabling extra FX in cockpit is the game-changer, I agree. I even tried disabling the individual effects for cockpit view one by one but none of them compare with just disabling extra fx completely (for interior).

I tried Horizon too and whilst it's good in one way that it configures everything, that is also one of the main reasons I didn't like it. Everyone has different opinions on what looks good or bad so I think people should have this choice. I'm also not a fan of the pre-installed reshade that it ships with. Great for people who don't really know any better, but not for me.

The results I'm getting using this filter are the best I've had. Don't mess with it. It's perfect.View attachment 372841
I'm glad it is working and that's exactly why i didn't make a Settings .ini, i already had some Direct Messages of people that changed their resolution to the one they saw on my screenshot (i play with 1680x1050 resolution that is my monitor native) and i had to explain that in that box they should select their own native resolution, making a settings file will do exactly the same to everyone and i don't know the knowledge of all the users that will download my mod so that's basically why i didn't create that file.
Looking good Sir :)

Hi there, I asked in the comments of the downloading section, but maybe preferable to post here : I just installed, followed the procedure, but I have issue with the native resolution, it appears (2560x1440), but when I select it, nothing happens ... I restarted and everything, but it stays in 1920x1080. I well selected it in content manager, as you show in your settings. Could you help ? Thank you in advance, great job :)

Is it possible that this has deleted or moved my old screenshots folder? (My Documents > AC > Screens). I noticed that if I take screenshots now they appear in the game's root folder, and I can't find my old screenshots...

The filter itself is excellent.

Is it possible that this has deleted or moved my old screenshots folder? (My Documents > AC > Screens). I noticed that if I take screenshots now they appear in the game's root folder, and I can't find my old screenshots...

The filter itself is excellent.
No, this is related to the last CSP update that creates new functions for screenshots, nothing about my mod

@el_mattpro when do you plan to release your next update? On your IP it is stated 22.05. but it seems it has not been posted?
Hello, the 22-05 date was the first step done to announce that it'll be an update soon. Actually right now i'm pretty close to what i'm looking for overall, i need to tweak performance stuff to make the preset looks good and don't impact the FPS in performance preset and tweak a bit the Quality preset as well. After that i'll have to modify the Night cycle of sol 1.16 until i match the best looking and that'll be enough for a release, this may take 1-2 or max 3 days i assume as i'm not dedicating to many hours each day. For example yesterday i did only work on the mod for 35-50min, so i need to spend a bit more time on it these next hours-days and it'll be ready for release :)

Hello @el_mattpro , let me start by saying your work is awesome! AC has never been better thanks to you :)

I only have a small issue since I've upgraded to the last reshade 4.6.1. When AC starts it generates an error trying to compile the qUINT_Lightroom shader. Everything else works fine.
Is this a known issue or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
Andrea

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Friday

Votes: 28 41.2%
  • Saturday

Votes: 32 47.1%