Inmersive Filter - ACC style + SOL + RESHADE [Photorealism]

Misc Inmersive Filter - ACC style + SOL + RESHADE [Photorealism] v13

Login or Register an account to download this content
for me too, I spend couple hours trying to do something with this pack but the edges are so jagged, it looks really bad
did you check if disabling DELC_Sharpen and enable MSAA or FXAA in video settings fixed it? otherwise you'll not be able to acces to mxao_il usage but at least you'll able to use the 90% of the reshade with no edges jagged

enableing, disableing in all combinations didn't work, i took horizon filter also with reshades and it worked in first try :p

Man you got a reply from the author, don't compare, they are diferent mods with many differences (and use diferent versions of reshade). Just be thankful for their work.

enableing, disableing in all combinations didn't work, i took horizon filter also with reshades and it worked in first try :p
If enable and disable the reshade doesn't make any difference, then it was CM (assetto corsa) video and extra FX settings, the fact that it works with Horizon Filter it is because the creator of that mod upload the video settings, so you're now using reshade with different video settings that you tried mine.

I mean I disable the FXAA and MSAA as was intended and it was very jagged, when i disable all reshades and turn antialiases back on it was fine and smooth. something in reshade didnt work i think probably SMAA one but i gave up to set it because im to stupid i think :p also the horizon is using very different reshades, but it was not intend to compare this

something in reshade didnt work i think probably SMAA one but i gave up to set it because im to stupid i think :p

The beauty of reshade is possibility to disable every shader to identify which produce unexpected results. Just do some experimentation man. This is not ready to use solution. What things look is very subjective and using Reshade You can adjust almost everything to Your feels. I think the author took right approach with his filter because the assumption is that You will adjust shaders to your own feelings without touching PP filter implementation which is great.

For my part (same issue) i disabled all reshade settings -> still blurry / jagged. I enabled old 1.10 version -> all fine. The gfx settings in AC remained the same in both instances. I also cant figure it out in my head, because disabling reshade and it still not working makes no sense to me when the settings in AC for AA etc do not change.... hmm

reshade isn't working
i installed on manually
"home" menu doesn't work....
캡21325처.PNG

For my part (same issue) i disabled all reshade settings -> still blurry / jagged. I enabled old 1.10 version -> all fine. The gfx settings in AC remained the same in both instances. I also cant figure it out in my head, because disabling reshade and it still not working makes no sense to me when the settings in AC for AA etc do not change.... hmm
hmmm.... now i'm thinking about PPFilter or an old .lua file. Can you search if you have an old inmersive_natural.lua file in system/cfg/ppfilter/custom_sol_configs/?? Otherwise i assume it is related to ppfilter, it might be

[ANTIALIAS]
ENABLED=1
; SetAntialiasFalloffDistance()
START_DISTANCE=0.1
END_DISTANCE=1000

switching it to ENABLED=0 maybe fix this issue, if you can try this with v11 ppfilter and give me a feedback it'll be usefull for future fix. Thanks for your time and sorry to hear about this issue

What do you mean with installed on manually? you need to use the installer (reshade_4.6.1_setup.exe) as admin and select acs.exe as i show in the screenshots inside the mod .rar, otherwise it'll not work if you drag-drop reshade files
i did drag-drop files and i installed on installer i follow the readme.txt but it's not working....

Mate, I installed everything as you described. Reshade is loading, settings are done but I can´t nearly see anything. It is way too dark, see here an example:
View attachment 369223

This is during daylight, 3 p.m., overcast. Sol 1.5.1, CSP .1.52. Everything is set to default. Whats wrong? Judging from your screenshots I thought this would be the most realistic PP filter but currently I can´t see anything from the track side. Pleas advise.

I was in the same situation. The picture was super black with no shadow detail. Impossible to use and enjoy... but, after some hour tinkering with exposure, auto exposure, changing ppfilters, etc etc the workaround was change the black level in the Sol Config app when using the inmersive filter. I think it is in the first page of the app.

I have to change it to + 19 or so to come close to the screenshots posted here.

I was in the same situation. The picture was super black with no shadow detail. Impossible to use and enjoy... but, after some hour tinkering with exposure, auto exposure, changing ppfilters, etc etc the workaround was change the black level in the Sol Config app when using the inmersive filter. I think it is in the first page of the app.

I have to change it to + 19 or so to come close to the screenshots posted here.
Another way is to increase the ppf filter brightness. With SOL HC I was using before the brightness I set was 100 with Immersive I needed to increase at 300 (which is the standard level suggested in CM) and make some little fine tuning of others few variables via SOL configuration menu. One thing is sure: immersive give you a great look but it is not used friendly as others ppf but if you want great performance you need to struggle a little

hmmm.... now i'm thinking about PPFilter or an old .lua file. Can you search if you have an old inmersive_natural.lua file in system/cfg/ppfilter/custom_sol_configs/?? Otherwise i assume it is related to ppfilter, it might be

[ANTIALIAS]
ENABLED=1
; SetAntialiasFalloffDistance()
START_DISTANCE=0.1
END_DISTANCE=1000

switching it to ENABLED=0 maybe fix this issue, if you can try this with v11 ppfilter and give me a feedback it'll be usefull for future fix. Thanks for your time and sorry to hear about this issue

Thanks for the great reply, i have more infos and a potential fix!
To potentially help others i will start brief and then add some more info below.

TL;DR SECTION - Root cause of the blurryness for me was the Reshade SMAA.fx Module.
Fix: Set the edge detection mode to "Depth edge detection" (Was set to "Color edge detection" for me)
smaa.jpg

In addition i reset the qUINT_sharp.fx to defaults (as shown here)
sharp.jpg

Longer version:
I tried your fix (checked for old file and disabled AA) , did not help, then went on to check again and deeper.
Turns out I need to correct myself - after more trial and error i found that my issue WAS related to the reshade settings, especially SMAA and sharp.fx (both together caused alot of blurryness).
I spent some time with the settings and found that the "Depth edge detection" mode basically fixed all my font issues, and the "Use Local Contrast Enhancer" for sharp.fx made the borders smoother (for race rank / chat etc)

For comparison:
font_bad_side.JPG
font_bad_lower.JPG

to:
Font_side.JPG
font_lower.JPG

Also I tried the new mxao raytracing. For it to work you need to disable MSAA and the visuals looked crappy to me.
Turns out you also HAVE TO ENABLE Extra FX in CSP for the Temporal AA to restore the old crisp image quality.
Now i am perfectly happy with the new 11 Version, it looks gorgeous!

As shown in this small sample (Disclaimer1: I suck at photo taking, so please excuse, Disclaimer2: yes i love MX-5s :D)

mazda.jpg

PS: I love Inmersive because it does not destroy the fine lines of the MX-5 front, tried Horizon and it oversaturated the colors so hard, that the red overblends the body accents. This here just rocks!!!

Thanks for your time and effort!
Hope my reply helps someone else who would love to use this mod!

To potentially help others i will start brief and then add some more info below.

TL;DR SECTION - Root cause of the blurryness for me was the Reshade SMAA.fx Module.
Fix: Set the edge detection mode to "Depth edge detection" (Was set to "Color edge detection" for me)
View attachment 371694
View attachment 371696

Longer version:
I tried your fix (checked for old file and disabled AA) , did not help, then went on to check again and deeper.
Turns out I need to correct myself - after more trial and error i found that my issue WAS related to the reshade settings, especially SMAA and sharp.fx (both together caused alot of blurryness).
I spent some time with the settings and found that the "Depth edge detection" mode basically fixed all my font issues, and the "Use Local Contrast Enhancer" for sharp.fx made the borders smoother (for race rank / chat etc)

For comparison:
View attachment 371699 View attachment 371697
to:
View attachment 371702View attachment 371700

Also I tried the new mxao raytracing. For it to work you need to disable MSAA and the visuals looked crappy to me.
Turns out you also HAVE TO ENABLE Extra FX in CSP for the Temporal AA to restore the old crisp image quality.

As shown in this small sample (Disclaimer1: I suck at photo taking, so please excuse, Disclaimer2: yes i love MX-5s :D)

View attachment 371708

PS: I love Inmersive because it does not destroy the fine lines of the MX-5 front, tried Horizon and it oversaturated the colors so hard, that the red overblends the body accents. This here just rocks!!!

Great answer and photo, there is lot to learn in the AC world and I'm loving it.

View attachment 371694
View attachment 371696

Longer version:

For comparison:
View attachment 371699 View attachment 371697
to:
View attachment 371702View attachment 371700

View attachment 371708

Thanks for the reply with information and screenshots to help other people and myself with these issues, i was aware about the SMAA stuff but normally that's related to the depth buffer and as i mentioned that on the mod .rar i avoid that clarify, my bad. The fact why i disabled the Enhanced Contrast from DELC_Sharp.fx was specially because of the Nice_Screenshot function added by CSP with itinerations to take a lot of pics in 1 sec and mix them to have only 1 result ( and generate motion blur) with the contrast from DELC_sharp.fx the images tend to have sharp Pixels and that kind of ruin the result in some cases. The TAA case again, related to CSP is something i'll never understand about the motion blur of that section because if you have it enable and you're not moving the image is way more blurry than with motion blur disable and that's something annoying but i assume that'll receive a fix from the creator in the next months :) . Again thanks for the information and using my mod to enjoy your game.!

TO have MXAO do you need to disable MSAA and FXAA? Can I still run Extra FX in CSP and have Temporal AA? I think I get awesome images on replay and then when I take a shot I lose the Reshade effects.

Also should CSP Motion Blur be set to 0?

Thanks. This is the hardest PP filter to get right, but IMO has the most potential

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 138 66.7%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 90 43.5%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 96 46.4%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 38 18.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 58 28.0%
Back