AC IMSA/WEC Multiclass @ Le Mans - Monday 27 May 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Craig, can you switch me to the 911 please?
l think, do not know yet, obviously, “good choice”. I do not think over one lap it is the quickest.
But over the whole race distance i am hoping it has a good chance.
The race will tell, but the noise it makes down shifting through the gears, to die for.
it’s my car of choice for that alone. ( i’m a sad old git ):D

l think, do not know yet, obviously, “good choice”. I do not think over one lap it is the quickest.
The race will tell, but the noise it makes down shifting through the gears, to die for.
Still, need to find 4 more seconds to match you. :(

Must sayi love the noise of the porsche but the vette just drives like a dream. Not sure why the different bop between the two though. Usually the vette is faster on fast circuits but the porsche comes to its own on slower ones.better cornering vs better top speed. I find they play quite well together. Looking forward to the IER pack where they adjust all GTE/2 cars to 2014 levels. That will be awesome.

Still, need to find 4 more seconds to match you. :(
it’s a big circuit, easy to lose 4 seconds. if you wish i am happy to give you my setup, not sure what
that will achieve, but there is a few seconds in it ( it’s a long circuit ). i practice with the standard setup,
which is very very good, then with my created setup. But unfortunately i am improving into the created setup. but back to back for me it seems quicker.:) if you see what i mean. There are two circuits that
just are so difficult for me. Le-mans, Nordchieife.
But i have spend a lot of time circulating both “a lot” ( ok i know i does not show ).
But as i said, you are more than welcome to my setup.:geek:

it’s a big circuit, easy to lose 4 seconds. if you wish i am happy to give you my setup, not sure what
that will achieve, but there is a few seconds in it ( it’s a long circuit ). i practice with the standard setup,
which is very very good, then with my created setup. But unfortunately i am improving into the created setup. but back to back for me it seems quicker.:) if you see what i mean. There are two circuits that
just are so difficult for me. Le-mans, Nordchieife.
But i have spend a lot of time circulating both “a lot” ( ok i know i does not show ).
But as i said, you are more than welcome to my setup.:geek:
Yes please, I would like to have your setup. :thumbsup: Thank you very much. I have only tried to use less rear wing for higher top speed but that quickly made the car difficult to handle in some of turns especially the one before the longest straight where the exit is very important. Maybe your setup will work better for that for me.

Thanks John appreciated ..I am doing the same thing, hence why my name is not down yet :thumbsup:
No worries, to be honest, both cars are a dream to drive (for me anyway!), with talk of setups lately, as @Kek700 Ernie says, I've really enjoyed fettling with one I can actually race with.

So, I very much doubt they'll be the fastest but if anyone wants a 'comfy-slippers' M3 GT2 or Audi E-Tron setup help yourself:):

Attachments

• Audi e tron Mugello jplong gear.ini
    2.1 KB · Views: 118
  • nords m3gt2 lemans jp.ini
    1.8 KB · Views: 113
This is what I will be racing, so worst case scenario, one of us will be last, one of us will be second to last. :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Attachments

• race fastest med.ini
    1.8 KB · Views: 137
Did a quick look for you if there are setups and what are the timings. I use "the Setup market" and "RSR LiveTimings" for that.

Porsche 919 2016:
- setup: yes (3:25:xx)
- Best Lap: 3:25:xx (same guy)

Porsche 919 2015:
- setup: yes (but no time)
- Best Lap: 3:26:xx

Audi e-Tron 2014:
- setup: yes (3:33:7xx)
- Best Lap: 3:33:4xx

Toyota TS040:
- setup: no
- Best Lap: 3:36:xx

I would say your time is pretty darn nice!:cool::thumbsup:

Well the track bends a bit down so you car goes light. Do you know which wheel is locking?
I will just post a bit about my thoughts:
- rear wheels locking: brake balance + (to the front)
- front wheels locking: brake balance - (to the rear)
- outer wheels locking: less anti roll bar (because the weight doesn't shift enough to the wheels which are locking)
- inner wheels locking: more anti roll bar (because the weight shifts too much and the inside goes light)

I am no pro at all, these are just my thoughts about the physics behind it! The most simple solution would be: brake less :p:roflmao:
Locking wheels are all about weight shifting! So if the brakes are too hard on a wheel->it locks up. But also if a wheel goes light it locks.
If the rear wheels are locking up there can be two reasons behind it: either the brakes are just too strong on the rear wheels OR the brake balance is too much at the fronts so the rear gets light... :cautious:
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/porsche-919-hybrid-2016-circuit-de-la-sarthe.137020/

@Medilloni, in light of our discussion yesterday I thought you might find this thread interesting - especially the lap times. As you're driving a GTE car it might be a moot point.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back