Porsche 919 Hybrid 2016 @ Circuit de la Sarthe

Can some of you guys give me some setup tipps for GT and LMP?
All what i do is to increase the wings and lower the car. With the LMP1-H i downt know how to handle the Hybrid Power. Is it possible to save enough for a whol lap?

I'm interested by any answer too.
I can't do a full lap with the hybrid power.
And I'm very far away from the Real life laptimes. I do more than 3:35 and I'm pushing. So the new record 3:14 is faaaar away.
Someone managed to do a laptime around 3:20? How to setup the car?

I don't know so much about setups but when I drove with the gt3 on a server I asked one of the faster guys and he said:
Stiffen the springs at Le Mans!
I did and it was much better!
So low downforce and hard springs would be my advice.
Sorry that I don't know more :inlove:

I don't know so much about setups but when I drove with the gt3 on a server I asked one of the faster guys and he said:
Stiffen the springs at Le Mans!
I did and it was much better!
So low downforce and hard springs would be my advice.
Sorry that I don't know more :inlove:
Thanks glad for any help :)

Thanks glad for any help :)
Oh and while I am not that good with setup I know quite a bit how to change the cars behaviour (at Le Mans nothing helped and springs are new to me...).
So maybe if you can tell us (me) what is the problem, we (I) can help you better :)

Oh and while I am not that good with setup I know quite a bit how to change the cars behaviour (at Le Mans nothing helped and springs are new to me...).
So maybe if you can tell us (me) what is the problem, we (I) can help you better :)
My basic Problems are the balance between topspeed and corner speed. For example i like to drive the C7R. When i have a good topspeed 270-280 i lose a lot of time in the Porsche curves. The car is there so lose. All i did was reduce the wing a car height. Thats the standart what i do on most tracks but Le Mans is diffrent.

I'm interested by any answer too.
I can't do a full lap with the hybrid power.
And I'm very far away from the Real life laptimes. I do more than 3:35 and I'm pushing. So the new record 3:14 is faaaar away.
Someone managed to do a laptime around 3:20? How to setup the car?
My Laptimes in the Audi is 3:29.2. A 3:26.xxx - 3.27.xxxx would be possible for me. A did a few mistakes

I got rid of this lose feeling (Mclaren 650s gt3) with springs on max stiffness. Then damper and roll bars a bit softer.
The car doesn't float like a boat anymore but the chassis can "bend" a bit.
Before that I tried soft springs with hard damper and hard roll bars. I would describe that as a "floating and unadaptive" experience...
Just try it. Damper and Anti roll bars to default and springs to the max. Then you should feel a big difference :)

I got rid of this lose feeling (Mclaren 650s gt3) with springs on max stiffness. Then damper and roll bars a bit softer.
The car doesn't float like a boat anymore but the chassis can "bend" a bit.
Before that I tried soft springs with hard damper and hard roll bars. I would describe that as a "floating and unadaptive" experience...
Just try it. Damper and Anti roll bars to default and springs to the max. Then you should feel a big difference :)
Front and rear to max?

I've just did a 3:27 with the Porsche thanks to your advices! I use front wings : 2 ans rear wings : 2. But I'm still faaar away from the 3:14... Or even 3:20. 10 seconds off is a very big gap. I know the track isn't laserscan, but still, we should be able to reach 3:20 3:18 right? Or is it the kunos car that is too slow?

Last edited:
I've just did a 3:28 with the Porsche thanks to your advices! I use front wings : 2 ans rear wings : 2. But I'm still faaar away from the 3:14... Or even 3:20. 10 seconds off is a very big gap. I know the track isn't laserscan, but still, we should be able to reach 3:20 3:18 right? Or is it the kunos car that is too slow?
3:14.xxx will be not possible on this track i guess. A few parts of the track have new surface which was also a reason of this lap. 3:20.xxx I would say is possible for some alien drivers.

Yeah to feel the difference of the springs I would put both on max!
If you get understeering: soften the front, oversteering: soften the rear.
Or if you get "bouncing" on either side: soften the one :)

Thank you for these tipps. Much more stable through corners. Do you have also a advise for looking the brakes with the vette at the dunlop chicane after the finishline? It seams to me you have have low rpm with the corvette to avoid it

I've just did a 3:28 with the Porsche thanks to your advices! I use front wings : 2 ans rear wings : 2. But I'm still faaar away from the 3:14... Or even 3:20. 10 seconds off is a very big gap. I know the track isn't laserscan, but still, we should be able to reach 3:20 3:18 right? Or is it the kunos car that is too slow?
Did a quick look for you if there are setups and what are the timings. I use "the Setup market" and "RSR LiveTimings" for that.

Porsche 919 2016:
- setup: yes (3:25:xx)
- Best Lap: 3:25:xx (same guy)

Porsche 919 2015:
- setup: yes (but no time)
- Best Lap: 3:26:xx

Audi e-Tron 2014:
- setup: yes (3:33:7xx)
- Best Lap: 3:33:4xx

Toyota TS040:
- setup: no
- Best Lap: 3:36:xx

I would say your time is pretty darn nice!:cool::thumbsup:

3:14.xxx will be not possible on this track i guess. A few parts of the track have new surface which was also a reason of this lap. 3:20.xxx I would say is possible for some alien drivers.

Thank you for these tipps. Much more stable through corners. Do you have also a advise for looking the brakes with the vette at the dunlop chicane after the finishline? It seams to me you have have low rpm with the corvette to avoid it
Well the track bends a bit down so you car goes light. Do you know which wheel is locking?
I will just post a bit about my thoughts:
- rear wheels locking: brake balance + (to the front)
- front wheels locking: brake balance - (to the rear)
- outer wheels locking: less anti roll bar (because the weight doesn't shift enough to the wheels which are locking)
- inner wheels locking: more anti roll bar (because the weight shifts too much and the inside goes light)

I am no pro at all, these are just my thoughts about the physics behind it! The most simple solution would be: brake less :p:roflmao:
Locking wheels are all about weight shifting! So if the brakes are too hard on a wheel->it locks up. But also if a wheel goes light it locks.
If the rear wheels are locking up there can be two reasons behind it: either the brakes are just too strong on the rear wheels OR the brake balance is too much at the fronts so the rear gets light... :cautious:

With more front or rear balance i tried it. Its allways the right front tire. dosent matter if its the inside or outside tire in a corner.Will try with the anti roll bar and look if its help

I have another question about hybrid in kunos car... In real life, the drivers release the throttle way before the braking point, to charge the batteries I think. But we don't have to do it in AC.... So we should be a lot faster in the game, but we are not. Have the cars not enough grip? Or too slow top Speed? Or both?

3:27 is my best time online on the well-known track..can upload my setup here, yesterday still refined, goes determined as 3:27, but had errors in the Laps, yesterday.
edit: 3:26.085 with this

Attachments

• Zz.ini
    2.2 KB · Views: 986
Last edited:
In generell: High front down force and low rear downforce. Highfront springs and soft rear springs when driving a car where the engine sits in the front. If it sits in the rear you need to do it the other way around. For the case its a mid engine car you need to find the settings by yourself. I did a 3.26 with the new 919 but I could still go faster and with the 911 RSR a 3.58.9.

*Edit:
Always go as low ride height as possible.
Frontengined: rear should by 2-4mm higher than front
Rearengined: front should be 2-4mm higher than rear
midengine: you need to find the right settings by yourself again :)

Last edited:
I have another question about hybrid in kunos car... In real life, the drivers release the throttle way before the braking point, to charge the batteries I think. But we don't have to do it in AC.... So we should be a lot faster in the game, but we are not. Have the cars not enough grip? Or too slow top Speed? Or both?
Actually it is more related to reach fuel and energy targets within a lap, not much at charging batteries, which at current systems (non-flywheel recovery), means heavy braking.
Lifting the throttle doesn't discharge batteries and doesn't use fuel, so that's why they do it.

About the laptimes in the AC track, the layout is far off real life, hence the huge time differences. The car is spot on compared to real life laptimes around other laserscanned tracks (even though it has 8MJ in all tracks, hence a bit faster).

- rear wheels locking: brake balance + (to the front)
- front wheels locking: brake balance - (to the rear)
- outer wheels locking: less anti roll bar (because the weight doesn't shift enough to the wheels which are locking)
- inner wheels locking: more anti roll bar (because the weight shifts too much and the inside goes light)

I am no pro at all, these are just my thoughts about the physics behind it! The most simple solution would be: brake less :p:roflmao:
Locking wheels are all about weight shifting! So if the brakes are too hard on a wheel->it locks up. But also if a wheel goes light it locks.
If the rear wheels are locking up there can be two reasons behind it: either the brakes are just too strong on the rear wheels OR the brake balance is too much at the fronts so the rear gets light... :cautious:
Your first two advices are great. Although the other ones are more dependant on other factors rather than only weight shifting. Actually ARBs doesn't have a huge effect on weight transfer at all. They are mostly used to counter suspension movements that can unsettle the car. Springs do most of the weight transfer job, considering race cars with roll cages or monocoques.

Setting the springs softer at the front will be more helpful with wheels locking in that case as you have to put more weight towards the wheel so you can put a higher load in it before it locks up (changing to dynamic grip coefficient). Although one of the wheels will be more prone to locking due to relative camber to track in most of the situations, the fact your wheel is eventually turning into the corner doesn't help as the outside wheel will eventually get more load.

In Le Mans it is a tough call in what you want to make setup wise, set softer springs and you have plenty of traction to accelerate, although excessive load on outside tires (we are not running any downforce here) can overcome their capacity to stick to the tarmac and make the car an understeering nightmare. And if you set it too hard the car will tend to be really slow on the slower sections. it is, as always, about finding the balance.

I generally go for medium to hard springs with softer dampers to abuse the kerbs and bumps. Always with the lowest possible downforce (except for some LMPs that are way too quick in sector 3). Ride height is also really important to not be too low, as the car can easily be bottoming out due to the high speed air pushing the car down. The track is also more bumpy, as it is based of public roads, so it is another height raising factor.

So many variables come into play at this track, and how you prefer to deal with them influences a driver's setup for the track.

Wow, thanks for that detailed reply!
As said earlier I am not really familiar yet with setups and was just trying to help even if only a little bit due to the lack of replies. Hope it wasn't complete BS:ninja::p
I really learnt something from reading your explanations and experiences and will try what you said on the next race! :thumbsup:

One little question: is there a way to see if the car is bottoming out with the standard Apps and if no, can you recommend some App? :)

The cars in AC are definitely lacking somewhere, that or the setup is literally that bad. The ERS is a bit weird. I have to switch it to "Charging" to prevent it from running out early and use it manually they easily overdid the FIA regulations for ERS usage.

Even in the GT cars, they lack, I held the ADAC GT Masters 2015 lap record at 2 of the 3 layouts of Nürburgring in Raceroom with a 1:54.xxx on the GP layout in the Audi R8 LMS Ultra before the leaderboard wipe. And I was putting down Easy 1:55/1:56 in iRacing in the LMS 2016, all consistent with real life times. Pushing the car to it's limit, dozens and dozens of laps and setup tweaks. However, in Assetto Corsa, I can't even break below 1:57, no matter what.

Even in the 2014 Audi R18 on the GP (GT) Layout of the Nürburgring, Audi put down 1:36.xxx average laps, while the R18 in the game can't even break 1:45.

I really find it hard to believe that they could screw up this badly, and feel that it's just me. But something just doesn't seem right to me.

I know this is an awful example, but if you look at Project CARS, you see that the only reason people can get 3:15.xxx at Circuit De La Sarthe is because the ERS is less limited.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 148 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 281 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 407 39.9%