Illegal mods, steer clear of them. Simracing604, we stand with you too.

This all started because no one cared that Slimjim ripped GPL into rFactor even after he was refused permission

95% did not care because it was a old sim yadda yadda yadda there was 100 excuses you lot made

Well reap what you have sowed

Like I said for 20 years if there was a modders and painters co-op all content could be branded
Anything else would not have their seal of approval
That is how you divide one from the other

[QUOTE = "billyblaze13, post: 3358581, member: 188432"]
Thanks for bringing this up. People seem to think those guys are martyred saints that got taken down by the evil SimDream - not true. They steal other people's work without asking permission or offering credit. They ripped the Howston HG4 from rF2 to put in their AC Legends "mod", and while they were at it they decided to appropriate some skins I had done for it. Did they ask my permission (which would have been denied) ? No. Did they mention my name? No. Did they even bother to notify me? No. Not only does this show a massive disrespect, but also a nearly pathological level of sheer laziness. They want to have this car in their so-called "mod" so they can suck up all the accolades from the rip-mod addict community, but they don't want to do the friggin' work. Truly pathetic, despicable behavior on their part.

0dwoTXF.png

TKFDvE8.png

[/ QUOTE]
ahahhaahhaha ...
Checkmate!
and pounced on themselves so much fluff !!! they are not to blame.
I sit and laugh

and they also stole the same chaparral 2j from RTM

Last edited:
rivveting read..

so im clear, it goes like this.

SDD stole stolen mods that used to be free
SDD then stopped original stolen models from being given away free by the modders.
SDD did this by spamming DCMA against the original mod devs.

Mod community DCMA spammed SDD and/or YT forcing them down.

SO. Is the original model author, Take10, ISI, Iracing, etc etc now creditted for their models in the models being sold by SDD? EX:

Model ripped from Forza 7, converted by MrX, packaged for sale by SDD

Because, if that is the case, putting the truth in writing means all those mods collected are a compelling case for a lawsuit against SDD and MrX for all income earned by SDD? Even though MrX did not charge, he made it possible for SDD to charge?

slippery slope when a thief steals from a thief?

Last edited:
rivveting read..

SDD then stopped original stolen models from being given away free by the modders.

SO. Is the original model author, Take10, ISI, Iracing, etc etc now creditted for their models in the models being sold by SDD? EX:

Because, if that is the case, putting the truth in writing means all those mods collected are a compelling case for a lawsuit against SDD and MrX for all income earned by SDD? Even though MrX did not charge, he made it possible for SDD to charge?

No, because this MrX guy has been deleted from any documentation by SDD. Any trace of MrX ever having worked on this mod has been removed from the internet by SDD through DMCAs and copyright strikes.

The problem isn't so much having converted mods stolen. The problem is more when this happens with scratch-made mods.
This is what Mike stepped in to raise awareness of with his original video, which then in itself got copyright strikes as a means to silence him against speaking out.

Last edited:
Was GPL1500 made from 'stolen' content in any way? I can't think of any modern games that had those cars in. I know there was a GPL mod? But surely the models from that will be really basic compared to the AC mod?

rivveting read..

Yes. SDD tried this claim route on both original authors and on people/Youtubers bringing their practice to light

No. It seems like anything with a direct counter claim be the maker (=scratch made mods) has disappeared from their store for the moment. AFAIK more F1 stuff disappeared, maybe to keep actual F1 lawyers off their ass. But SDD never put professional studio credits to their stuff. And even if they did that it would be illegal ofc.

Apparently its somehow next to impossible to put up a lawsuit against someone in Moldova over these - if that is actually where SDD originates from. It hides behind postbox companies which the website registrations end up pointing to .

Those guys on here that send compiled screenshots of the whole shop before it went down to the actual F1 agency, Ferrari and some more are IMO a bit of a looming wildcard tho, as we know especially Ferrari does not like its IP to be messed with. Someone selling like half their F1 history in messed up form and presentation without any licence? ...doubt they like that.

Last edited:
Yes. SDD tried this claim route on both original authors and on people/Youtubers bringing their practice to light

No. It seems like anything with a direct counter claim be the maker (=scratch made mods) has disappeared from their store for the moment. AFAIK more F1 stuff disappeared, maybe to keep actual F1 lawyers off their ass. But SDD never put professional studio credits to their stuff. And even if they did that it would be illegal ofc.

Apparently its somehow next to impossible to put up a lawsuit against someone in Moldova over these - if that is actually where SDD originates from. It hides behind postbox companies which the website registrations end up pointing to .

Those guys on here that send compiled screenshots of the whole shop before it went down to the actual F1 agency, Ferrari and some more are IMO a bit of a looming wildcard tho, as we know especially Ferrari does not like its IP to be messed with. Someone selling like half their F1 history in messed up form and presentation without any licence? ...doubt they like that.

OK. Got it. Disclaimer , I rip mods all day and all night and have converted many a track to AC, so, no angel.

but

Its kinda wierd that its deemed acceptable to steal assets as long as you are giving the stolen assets away for nothing, and call it "modding" instead of what it is, asset theft.

So the short version then really is, Everyone is actually angry because SDD stopped the community getting their stolen assets for free.

(before the pitchforks and torches come out, the minority of true 100% scratch made authors excepted from above, I know its a MASSIVE job to truely 100% make something, go out and photograph and process all your textures etc and I value their effort.)

Everyone is angry because SDD is a scam. It's not about stolen assets, it's about selling those stolen assets as a really shitty package to uninformed users. Even if you rip a car from forza to ac i will drive like **** if you can manage it that far. To put proper physics into that soulless shell takes a huge amount of knowledge, or a quick copy paste from some other mod.

Honestly i don't have a problem with fantasy names since it was common through a lot of racing games since the 80s and 90s. I don't care if the logo on the car says Feracci or Puke or Globus as long as i know it's supposed to be a ferrari, porsche or lotus. Would be an really easy way out of the licensing dilemma and modding groups had the opportunity to introduce their own "brands", like Reiza with their Formula Armaroli mod.

Its kinda wierd that its deemed acceptable to steal assets as long as you are giving the stolen assets away for nothing, and call it "modding" instead of what it is, asset theft.

So the short version then really is, Everyone is actually angry because SDD stopped the community getting their stolen assets for free.
Ehm, no, everyone is angry about SDD selling mods (of whatever origin, ripped or scratch), and then going after people criticising them by employing legal/algorithmic loopholes. I mean look around, there's dozens of other groups all around bundling up our stuff (I mostly find or get PMed about sound and physics of my cars ending up in other mods without my permission), still sucks, but no one if profiting off it in a quantifiable manner. Or actually trying to rip the original uploads out of the maker's hands.

Acceptance of mods made from ripped models is a totally different topic that's not what this thread is about.

it seems odd to me when a youtuber gets on his pedestal and rants about copyright infringements, and yet he has videos recommending ripped tracks in RF2.

I did mention that on Ermin's channel but my comment was deleted within an hour. :D

yEQ5VTq.png

Last edited:
I'm not sure why everyone seems so happy. They've broken the law, they abused the system, almost destroyed Mike's channel...but I guess it's all right now, since notoriously shitty and scammy people promised they will now do better, cross my heart!

So....every politician/celebrity that got caught ever?

Info on SimDream Development : they're restructuring behind the EX-Mods patreon page, which is a front for RTM Mods, managed by Aspec7878 (an user on Race Department). Same models, same typos in the TOS, even the same business description.
IF RD REALLY SUPPORTS SIMRACERS & SIMRACING604 REMOVE ANY MODS/SKINS RELATED TO SIM DREAM! LESS mods/skins here, less buyers!
Or post them here so people get them for free instead of buying them.....

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back