Illegal mods, steer clear of them. Simracing604, we stand with you too.

When I look at my car list, I'm not able to sort them by mod. I think you may be referring to the 'drive' portion of the game when choosing a car. I'm referring to the 'content > cars' portion where we can see more details and even delete the cars from the manager.

This is Content Manager

This is Content Manager

Perhaps this explains better. There is a search function. I want to remove only the kunos cars from the search so I can look through the mods for any cars that may have been sim dream. If anybody knows how to use the search parameters to remove only kunos cars from the search please help.
kunos-accm.JPG

Perhaps this explains better. There is a search function. I want to remove only the kunos cars from the search so I can look through the mods for any cars that may have been sim dream. If anybody knows how to use the search parameters to remove only kunos cars from the search please help.
View attachment 457580

You need to got to "Drive", then in the car picker there are categories like "brands", "tags", etc. There is one labeled "categories" or something like that. There you can pick by Kunos-only.

...has anyone kept track of further development? Is Sim Dream still active under a new name? Is their old content for sale somewhere else again?
They are still operating, however quite a bit of content has gone, its all been renamed, content they stole and issued copyright strikes against seems to be back with the people who created it (Bazza's 67 GPL pack for example) and they are sending out 'updates' via email as to the development progress they say they are making with mods.

So far they seems to be sticking with what they said they would do to put things right, still needs to be seen to stick before I would consider purchasing off of them however, the degree of damage they did was significant. Reparations need to be equally significant.

It does appear that they are trying to be transparent with their development now, be worth seeing if anyone who knows modelling can tell whether they’re actually modelling the various components in their update emails or whether they have the whole model and are just showing it with less and less parts hidden.

It does appear that they are trying to be transparent with their development now, be worth seeing if anyone who knows modelling can tell whether they’re actually modelling the various components in their update emails or whether they have the whole model and are just showing it with less and less parts hidden.
A question I have also asked myself, which is why I'm still cautious about them.

What is RD stance on mods that use parts of Kunos physics? There are quite a few cars on the site that seem to be using bits of physics from Kunos cars (I checked with Content Manager Analyze feature) while the models seem to be scratch made or converted with permission. Are those allowed here? Is it okay to download and enjoy them?

Last edited:
What is RD stance on mods that use parts of Kunos physics? There are quite a few cars on the site that use bits of physics from Kunos cars (I checked with Content Manager Analyze feature) while the models seem to be scratch made. Are those allowed here? Is it okay to download and enjoy them?
That's and interesting thought. Do you have any evidence you can show?

The "quite a few" bit could've been a bit exaggerated. Of course I have no ill will here. Absolutely nothing against those mods and people who have worked hard on them. I would just like clarification on RD's rules.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/alfa-romeo-giulietta-spider.31814/
Great mod by @|Viper| but it's using rear suspension geometry of Alfa Romeo GTA:

Alfa.png

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/bmw-e30-325i-coupe.18782/
This one is old but still seems like a cool mod by @cameron4win10 but It's using many bits of in game BMW E30s:
BMW1.png

BMW2.png

BMW3.png

Last edited:
What is RD stance on mods that use parts of Kunos physics? There are quite a few cars on the site that use bits of physics from Kunos cars (I checked with Content Manager Analyze feature) while the models seem to be scratch made. Are those allowed here? Is it okay to download and enjoy them?
The Formula K files and tire files are allowed, other stuff not (but they're not exactly strict about checking it)

The "quite a few" bit could've been a bit exaggerated. Of course I have no ill will here. Absolutely nothing against those mods and people who have worked hard on them. I would just like clarification on RD's rules.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/alfa-romeo-giulietta-spider.31814/
Great mod by @|Viper| but it's using rear suspension geometry of Alfa Romeo GTA:

View attachment 640740

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/bmw-e30-325i-coupe.18782/
This one is old but still seems like a cool mod by @cameron4win10 but It's using many bits of in game BMW E30s:
View attachment 640741
View attachment 640744
View attachment 640743
Maybe Kunos doesn’t care since you are buying their game and it’s designed to be open to people that mod?

• Deleted member 223075

I does that for the Cavalier BTCC mod. Using Kunos V10 tyres base with minor modifications. You can also use Kunos sound. No problem at all but using the whole physic or using a "melting-pot" physic of various cars, nope.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 216 14.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 216 14.4%