Illegal mods, steer clear of them. Simracing604, we stand with you too.

Sim Dream has agreed to announce later this week that further measures will be put in place to avoid using the content of others in their mods

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

All we want is for them/him or any other like them/him to disappear, it is way too late for anything else.
Credibility zero, they/he did the crime, now it is time to pay.

111399355-executioner-statue-on-old-town-square-in-bardejov-slovakia.jpg

Last edited:
The thing is, whatever happens going forward, this has been bought to everybody's attention now.
Should they act like this again in the future, this thread will always be here to comment on and make people aware that the problem is still going on.

I guess it's human but problems usually don't get solved by making them bigger.
Problem: The (practically) final verdict on good and bad is has been transferred from the legal system to undereducated and overstrained people working for private companies.
"Problems usually don't get solved by making them bigger"

Really? There was thing called "World War 2", you may have heard of it ;)

I suppose all we can do is report, report, report their videos on YouTube, give them a taste of their own medicine.

GJnHdi5.gif

Congratulations. You have now become part of the problem you're trying to fight against. Well done.

Simdream's youtube channel is actively promoting a scam, therefore it should be reported to youtube for that. The problem the community as a whole is fighting against is the usage of false copyright claims on someone criticizing them, something that almost caused the end of a channel.

There is a HUGE difference between reporting a channel to youtube and using false copyright claims to take down a channel.

But it's okay to rip Crammond :barefoot:

walk the talk
Completely made from scratch. It is not a rip-off of someone else's work.

I'm not sure why everyone seems so happy. They've broken the law, they abused the system, almost destroyed Mike's channel...but I guess it's all right now, since notoriously shitty and scammy people promised they will now do better, cross my heart!
Agreed, they have been doing this for a long time [ There is even a thread here on RD from 2014 talking about them ripping content] So they know quite well how things work.

They will probably lay low for the time being and go back to "usual business" in the future, especially considering the small memory people tend to have on the internet.

They may even change their name and the platform used to sell the mods, probably they will start to use Patreon or something similar

Last edited:
Hey Ex-Mod/RTM/SDream guys, as you seem to reading this thread too, could you tell us your view on the events of these couple of last days? Come on, don't be shy! :thumbsup:

(Oh, I see Ex-Mod has the following description now, so maybe we have been mistaken and they are totally different bunch of guys after all... :laugh:)

About EX-MODS
You will find here.
Only unique and exclusive mods for Assetto Corsa.
And also 3D models of different cars of any era...

these are the same guys of SDD, check the "about" section of their site and the description in the patreon page, same words :
View attachment 453038
View attachment 453040

Lol yeah "restructuring"

Totally "not" the stolen C8R that was also on SDD.

1615321850918.png

Also the name you are looking for is Aspec7878. He should be the one behind all this as his email is listed in the about us page of RTM mods website, which now points to EX-Mods, which has SDD content. So they are all connected. This username if you search it on the old AC forums will find all they know how to do is steal models. There are actually still some old garbage track conversions posted by him here on RD.

Last edited:
Lol yeah "restructuring"

Totally "not" the stolen C8R that was also on SDD.

View attachment 453148

Also the name you are looking for is Aspec7878. He should be the one behind all this as his email is listed in the about us page of RTM mods website, which now points to EX-Mods, which has SDD content. So they are all connected. This username if you search it on the old AC forums will find all they know how to do is steal models. There are actually still some old garbage track conversions posted by him here on RD.
So this guy? https://www.racedepartment.com/members/aspec7878.7586/

Tbh unless they get nuked off the face of the earth, they’ve won.

‘ohhh sorry we nearly got away with destroying your channel, people were getting us in the **** so if we back off you, the hordes will go away and we can go back to making shitty rips and copyrighting channels, we just won’t make the mistake of doing it to such a big channel this time’

Tbh unless they get nuked off the face of the earth, they’ve won.

‘ohhh sorry we nearly got away with destroying your channel, people were getting us in the **** so if we back off you, the hordes will go away and we can go back to making shitty rips and copyrighting channels, we just won’t make the mistake of doing it to such a big channel this time’

Exactly, you can tell how serious they are to change their ways when they still have 8 pages of stolen mods for sale on their website at this moment.

Last edited:
I'm not sure why everyone seems so happy.

Because there are two issues. One is the rather pressing need to prevent Mike's channel from being unjustly destroyed. That seems to have worked, we should be happy.

The larger issue of their scummy practices... probably not so much. But the first thing is still very positive. (And widespread community awareness of the larger issue is also positive.)

Do I (or any of us) really think they'll just go away? I presume not. Despite what I've said over the years about some of you, nobody here is *that* dumb. :p

Freedom of speech has nothing to do with someone putting a DMCA claim on your video on YouTube. It's someone abusing the copyright system to get revenge on you.
So just to recap: Mike has voiced his opinion about SDD, who (SDD) in turn abused youtube's copyright system to get revenge on Mike has nothing to do with freedom of speech. Okay. I guess.

Mike himself asked the community to flag SDD's channel which I did. He did not asked to downvote their videos but previously I explained my reasoning for doing so. And now am I part of the problem? I congratulate to you! Have you done something in this situation? Honest question, because appearantly I did something very wrong in your eyes, if I became part of the problem. Now that the situation seems to soon to be resolved (and I'm talking about this very situation, not the general big picture of the whole modding scene) I can at least say that I did exactly what Mike asked for. If I took a tiny part in getting things back on track and helped Mike in keeping his channel, then I'm a happy man.

Look, it's OK to disagree but calling me out for my short post you quoted is insulting. Not a big deal though...

Cheers!

So anyone can copy say the fictional rFactor cars and sell them or ask for donations !

Tell me where do they get measurement from or do they just guess ?

They use the original model as a starting point right ?
Where do you think rFactor got them from? They're just Lotus Ferrari Brabham etc. F1 car features.

And no, they didn't use the original model at all... that's what scratch means.

On another note, I'm very onboard with "RD stop hosting skins for SDD cars", what's the right place to raise that issue?

Last edited:
Where do you think rFactor got them from? They're just Lotus Ferrari Brabham etc. F1 car features.

And no, they didn't use the original model at all... that's what scratch means.

Think your confused All rFactor ( not rFactor2 ) models are fantasy cars created by ISI ...same as GP3

It is no different to the V8 Supercar in EA F1 Challenge ( before V8 Unleashed )
The ORSM beta model was copied by a very well known track builder to make his own "scratch" V8 league

Jayforce called him out and put up pics of the 2 models templates to show where he made subtle changes and called it his own work

Last edited:

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 109 69.4%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 41 26.1%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 31 19.7%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 33 21.0%
  • No 3pa registration pages