IER Car Pack #1 - USCC Mod

Cars IER Car Pack #1 - USCC Mod 1.22

Login or Register an account to download this content
I wonder if it can be fixed if someone could open the model in 3Ds Max, go into polygon sub-edit mode and select the polygon or polygons that make up the mirror surfaces, then "flip" the normals. By default, all polygons have a front side that will render, while the back will not unless it has a material applied to it that renders on both sides. When you do that, sometimes the sides can get mixed up.

I only use 3Ds Max for architectural models, art, and animations, but I think most of the same principals apply when setting up models for games.

I wonder if it can be fixed if someone could open the model in 3Ds Max, go into polygon sub-edit mode and select the polygon or polygons that make up the mirror surfaces, then "flip" the normals. By default, all polygons have a front side that will render, while the back will not unless it has a material applied to it that renders on both sides. When you do that, sometimes the sides can get mixed up.

I only use 3Ds Max for architectural models, art, and animations, but I think most of the same principals apply when setting up models for games.
Thats all very well and good, but then you've got to export the whole thing again, setup all the shaders, which without the original persistence save will be a pain.

I just have to change the UV mapping...it wasn't done correctly by the modeler in the first place and I didn't really check it when I fixed it. (I put the mirror in a separate kn5 anyway since I don't have working source files).

And as for the TV analogy, you pay for a TV, this mod is free.

I'd also argue on a number of levels that the mod's not excellent. The models were built at a time when AC's poly counts were 1/2 or even 1/3rd of the accepted number currently. The Corvette was the first scratch car for AC, so they're quite a ways off of the current standard (and our own recent work). Good at the time, yes, but it's showing its age.

And as for the TV analogy, you pay for a TV, this mod is free.

Yes, and I mention that immediately after that analogy. Again, I definately appreciate all the work that is put into these mods, and I have worked with modders in the past.

I understand how it can be frustrating to go back into a mod to fix it, and when not getting paid for all the work, after a while the satisfaction of doing it fades, and dealing with it can get old fast.

I like driving the Oreca. First and foremost, it's a "fun" mod to drive. It "feels" great. From the "experience" it delivers, I think it's excellent.

If the mirror issue can be corrected, that would be awesome, but I know it's a matter of committing some time and attention that someone may not have for a while.

Yes of course*

*no, it's just non-branded due to lack of license (it's the only Le Mans 2013 open-cockpit lmp1 so not super hard to guess)

tyrew.jpg
Hello. Something drew my attention about your mod. When tyre wear is off, the tyre wear indicators in the tyre app are showed up as green in all Kunos cars (or my other mod cars). In your cars however, they are showed up as red for some reason. I am not sure if this is sign of a problem but i still wanted to let you know. May be it means something to you. Ignore it if it is something totally unimportant. ^^

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back