How to disable camera shaking in AMS2?

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Has anybody figured out how to properly disable cockpit view camera shaking? I know it's realistic but I like my camera view rock solid and steady :) Have played with values but as there is not "back to default" button I am a bit lost.

End goal: have a solid cockpit view without excessive bouncing, shaking and leaning :)

The only way to completely eliminate both horizon and cockpit movement would be to lock the camera to the horizon, and make the entire car "hover" above the ground, never reacting to any bumps, jolts, or undulations. Trust me, that would look and feel ridiculous and completely unrealistic. No sim does that, unless it's a hovercraft simulator.

Just because a sim uses a different term than Reiza's "world movement", it does not mean that the concept is any different. Reiza themselves have agreed that their implementation of this feature is not the best in AMS 2, which is why they've agree to do something about it. The tweaks are coming, people just need to have a little patience.
I agree that a completely static car and world would feel strange, and would not be the ideal solution, but we need something to this effect; to have the option to set a reasonable amount of shake/bounce of both world and dash, that relates to bumpiness in the road, simulating suspension movement only and not the inclines and banking of the road in relation to a fixed horizon which has the side effect of the dash rolling up, down, side to side.

I think what I am actually looking for is an improvement to the "G-Force Effect". We can forget about the "World Movement" and I'll set World Movement to 100% (i.e. lock to horizon = off). The "G-Force Effect" in AMS2, from what I can tell only simulates the G-forces from acceleration/braking and cornering, so they just need to add G-Forces for going over bumps in the road. I think maybe Assetto Corsa (original) has the best solution, now I come to think of it, with it's three separate sliders.

1597319396781.png

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

This is what ACC has.
Lock to Horizon (Locking view to horizon 0-100%)
and
Movement (Adjust vehicle movement / 0% to 100%)

actually we would not need any options in sims for this if the developers would only stick to the reality. If its VR or screens, the behavior should be only simulated what its like for your inner ear, eyes and sensation if you are racing in the real world.

But we dont live in a perfect sim world either. :D .... and a lot of bunch of ppl want their own preferences and not what the reality represents.

For me the problem is that it is directly related to your FOV settings. I'm using very low fov (I think it is something like 19) and if I let on default it is simply undriveable. I know by experience that race cars shake a lot, but your eyes can compensate for that, which isn't true when only a screen is shaking in front of you.
Also, I use TiR, and for some reason, I have to enter the game outside VR settings to change the values, otherwise they don't apply.

• Deleted member 963434

yo shall set world movement at 0 then yo have no shakin but cars float all the screen like it lock to horizon in ac, yo always have road at center of screen an cars go down and up, best settin for me is currently 50, its less shakin but also cars not float all screen. it little shakin yo just must know track good an drive from memory then yo good. of corse in real life it not shakin like tat cause yo head moves an yo eyes point already at track so yo see track good, especially if yo pro driver drivin from age of 6th yo ussed to it g forces an shaking

this is the one thing that stops me from enjoying AMS2... i just can’t drive without getting dizzy:sick:

Just have one of these within reach, and you should be good ;).

1598368841722.png

Like someone said earlier in this thread, it is finding that sweet spot. I am good with the following.
World Movement "75", High Speed Shake "OFF", G-Force "10". Racing in cockpit view, and not helmet view. Helmet view is what adds to the issue IMO. All the looking to Apex, leaning, etc. Sometimes it can be hard to tell if you are in cockpit or helmet. If you turn the "Show Helmet" to "ON" you should be able to tell if in cockpit or helmet view.

Last edited:
This is still an issue for me. I've tried all settings suggested (I don't use VR) but after several laps I am dizzy from the very small but subtle shaking of the horizon.. it never "locks" in my game.. whether I'm at 0 or 100. I've turned all settings off that I can find, even turned them on... tried different scaling values.. doesn't matter. I don't have this problem in any other game. It's a shame because I love this game but I really can't play it lol.
In AMS 1 there was a config file and you could turn it all off and it behaved like any other sim. Anyway, as of late December 2020 it is still the same.

I'm hoping very soon, Reiza will get around to the unusually high rate of chassis roll over uneven ground.
The rate is way too quick.
It is as if the chassis has no weight/mass to it.
The car just bounces unencumbered...up and down and side to side in those conditions.
As viewed out the windshield...(especially looking along the base of it's frame) the motion is unnatural.

Last edited:
thanks Tarmac i will try that. I thought I changed that before the latest update and I was still seeing the shakes but I will give it a try
If you want a better explaination i've made a tutorial on my Youtube channel, there's a link to it on my profile. I've been using this tweak for a long time but, seems there are still quite a few folks who are having probs, and I did find the default cam very odd when I first started with AMS2 i must admit

Hi Tarmac, some fun videos on your channel. Well done, lol.
About the legacy/non legacy settings, the problem is that this doesn't apply when you're using TrackIR (or even VR, I suspect). Also, as I've mentioned before, the shaking is "track-sector" dependent (when you use TrackIR at least). On the same track, you get different behavior depending on the sector you're at. For example, in Bathurst, you'll get a mix of "car shaking/horizon stable" then "car stable/horizon shaking" that I cannot understand how a lot more people haven't realized this yet. My create a video to show it to Reiza.
Thanks anyway for your tips.

I don't use VR and I "think" this may have solved my problem. I set the Legacy to true and left the movement thing at 100 (or whatever that parameter was lol).. and it seems much better now.
Sorry if it doesn't help VR!

Oh and I will definitely have a look at your Youtube stuff. This game just looks so good compared to AC, and I still love AC. But if I can get rid of the shakes here,.... well.. it may be a game changer for me :)

There is some discussion on the Reiza forum that has helped me. Basically, it seems starting the sim in VR mode, even if you don't have VR equipment attached makes it much better, similar to other sims.

You can start it in VR mode by starting it from the Steam client, from your Library.

There is some discussion on the Reiza forum that has helped me. Basically, it seems starting the sim in VR mode, even if you don't have VR equipment attached makes it much better, similar to other sims.
Not being funny, but this is nonsense. Starting AMS 2 is VR mode simply disables the new camera mode they added for the 2D version some time ago. Disabling that mode is already possible via the menus, so using VR mode is just a pointless and round-about way of accomplishing the same thing.

Also, some VR players are among those who have been complaining of camera movement issues since release. This is not just a 2D version issue.

I have to start the game in VR mode to use trackir, but can't lock the camera to the Horizon so it makes me feel sick...shame as I like the game on the whole but really don't like playing without trackir

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back