How to disable camera shaking in AMS2?

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Has anybody figured out how to properly disable cockpit view camera shaking? I know it's realistic but I like my camera view rock solid and steady :) Have played with values but as there is not "back to default" button I am a bit lost.

End goal: have a solid cockpit view without excessive bouncing, shaking and leaning :)

World movement at 100 locks the camera to the car. Lesser settings progressively lock your view to the road. At first it drove me crazy until I found out how to lock it, then I found I prefer keeping it around 90 as it keeps the track more in focus without moving around so much as to seem unnatural for a driver who is tightly strapped into the car. At 90-95 it is more like the natural stabilization of your eyes and head.

It is a cartoonish effect in its current state. 100 locks the view to the car but that means that the world moves around due to the bumps in the track surface. I drove a classic F1 car at Adelaide with the setting on 100 and couldn't see straight it was so bumpy. Also, this setting has weird behaviour on hills and decents.
0 locks to the horizon which has the car moving and pitching all over the place. Somewhere in the middle is the best we can hope for at the moment. So many people are complaining of this on the Reiza forums that they should hopefully tune it down in future.

Out of interest, what is the solution in your view? I mean, you can set it to one extreme or the other, or anywhere in between. I'm not sure what else can be done? (Genuine interest here)

I'm still experimenting - 70, 50, 30 etc. Having to do this is why it is an effect that seems overplayed. Other titles you just turn shake or head physics down or off. I know it;s EA, but the option to cancel this effect would be a set and forget one for me. I'm still trying to sort all the other visual settings for now, just to get a stable track environment, so any impact this is having is unwelcome. Early days, we'll see.

There is an option to turn Camera High Speed Shake On / Off but I believe it is bugged because whether on or off the view shakes like crazy - try the Classic Formula Cars on bumpy tracks to see at its worst.

That effect is independant of setting World Movement or G-Forces. It should hopefully be an easy fix for Reiza and so far overlooked as they are doing so much other stuff leading upto v1.0 release ... just my guess anyway !

Oh you sissys:roflmao:
I absolutely dont consider myself as an expert on this subject - eventhough I have been driven FF1600 when I was young.
Lots of years ago.:sleep:

But I can tell you that when I first got into such a basic formula car then everything was hopping and rattling up and down. It was so extreme that I was unable to read the RPM gauge in the beginning. While it was a lot easier to focus on other cars and the track environment.:thumbsup:

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: Maybe the last observation says something about a realistic compromise between lock to the car or to horizon.
At the moment Im still using the default value (75?) for world movement - and consider it a reasonable "realistic" compromise.

Out of interest, what is the solution in your view? I mean, you can set it to one extreme or the other, or anywhere in between. I'm not sure what else can be done? (Genuine interest here)

The default settings in AMS (1) were perfect for the vast majority of people. Almost no one can even find a fully satisfactory setting in AMS 2, even after fiddling. AMS used a different underpinning/philosophy, so not sure if it can be brought over to AMS 2 (like the FFB, car physics, AI and other things that are slowly being incorporated).

By the way, if you want less shaking, turn both World Movement and G-Force down at the same time. It is still nowhere near as good as what was available in AMS (1), though.

Raised default Camera World Movement from 50 to 75, reduced G Force Effect from 50 to 25

And yet whenever I reset all my settings to default, World Movement still resets to 50, not 75. That's the third time something has been in a patch note and not actually happened in the game for me.

I think this non-issue about the default value is mainly who wants to be right here.
I just checked my own settings and I have not changed anything in this menu - and it can be seen that the (default) value is still 75.
So...

default.png

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 380 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 258 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 248 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.7%