How to disable camera shaking in AMS2?

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
Has anybody figured out how to properly disable cockpit view camera shaking? I know it's realistic but I like my camera view rock solid and steady :) Have played with values but as there is not "back to default" button I am a bit lost.

End goal: have a solid cockpit view without excessive bouncing, shaking and leaning :)

I think this non-issue about the default value is mainly who wants to be right here.
I know you like to make posts like this to stir controversy, but in case you hadn't noticed, there is none. I'm not disputing that 75 is the new default. I'm simply saying that for me, it defaults to 50. This is likely a game bug left over from a poorly applied patch, hence I said I might reinstall the game. Really no big deal.

I might reinstall the game, to be honest. A few others have noticed strange things after patches which have not been fixed by simply deleting the config files. Fixed with a reinstall.

Yep. I’ve told a few people over on the official forums to do that. I had an incurable steering issue that could only be resolved after a reinstall.

Actually I have seen another non-issue in some of the options menus.
If you move the slider with the mouse to change some of the values instead of stepwise klicking the L/R arrows to change the values - the values are reset to some middle value when you leave the menu.

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: I guess it is reset to some default value - me thinking :whistling:

Ok, now this is weird. I reinstalled the game, I deleted the My Docs folder, so I'm starting totally from scratch, right? This was my options screen:

WTF.png

World Movement still defaults to 50 for me! It's definitely reset because I had all the other options set to 0.

WTF is going on? :O_o:

I meant the EA version indeed. But I just checked, and it doesn't have any beta branches (not meaning AMS2 Beta) available. So yeah, a bad guess of mine.

I just renamed my folder in order to verify that, and it defaults to 75 indeed. What version is showing for you (bottom right on Main Menu)?

I just renamed my folder in order to verify that, and it defaults to 75 indeed. What version is showing for you (bottom right on Main Menu)?
It says v0.9.1.0.1144.AVX.

But I think I just found the issue. Since I didn't have my VR set up when you asked for the version number, I deleted my settings and started the game in regular mode. World Movement defaulted to 75. So I plugged in my VR, deleted my settings again, and started in Oculus mode. World Movement defaulted to 50.

So there's a disparity in the defaults between normal and VR modes. :)

Hm... Does it have any relation to the different FFB (worse) you got from the New Profile recently?
I have no idea. I could try AMS 2 in normal mode to see if there's any difference? Unfortunately, one of the paddles on my T300 broke last night so I can't drive until I figure out a fix for it.

(The broken wheel is all AMS 2s fault because I haven't driven a sim so much for years. So, Reiza owe me a new wheel!) :D

I have no idea. I could try AMS 2 in normal mode to see if there's any difference? Unfortunately, one of the paddles on my T300 broke last night so I can't drive until I figure out a fix for it.

(The broken wheel is all AMS 2s fault because I haven't driven a sim so much for years. So, Reiza owe me a new wheel!) :D

Got a 3d printer? :)

Yeah but your brain compensates for all this movement in real life. In AMS 2 currently, you either have to deal with the world bouncing about, or the car around you doing the same. Both can cause discomfort for the end-user. They said they were bringing their AMS 1 camera solution into this sim, but there's no mention of it in the patch notes yet.

When I race a gokart over the curbs or bumps I can see the kart bouncing and leaning around me, not the world. :p
In VR human brain can get used to both 0% world movement and 100% world movement. Its just your personal preference and your brain will actually adept anyway.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%