HoF and Discussion (Propose Game Ideas Here)

Hey everyone,
I wanted to test the strategy mechanic in my game, so I've decided to host a test race with you guys. You can sign up for this test race as any driver in the 2012 season (if we are lacking drivers, then you will be allowed to sign up as more than 1 driver)

In case you are interested to take part, I've put all the information in the spoiler:
This is what the order looks like:
View attachment 240003
View attachment 240352
(expected speed is in seconds)

The track used is the 2014 version of Albert Park, and the race will be dry. The safety car is turned off.

All I need from you guys, is:
1) Tell me which driver you want to take control of (preferably, you give me a list of drivers in case I don't update this post in time)
2) How you want to split 15 driver skill between qualifying and race (you can use decimals, 5 skill = ~0.3 seconds)
3) Your strategy for the race. The strategy only requires your pitstop laps, and the tyre compound you intend to use in each stint (between soft, medium and hard).

Example:
List:
F. Alonso
N. Karthikeyan
M. Webber

9.7 quali skill
5.3 race skill

Start on mediums
Pit lap 15 for softs
Pit lap 25 for hards
Pit lap 50 for softs

in this example, the strategy will look like this:
View attachment 239994

Notes:
1) You don't have to use 2 types of compounds
2) You don't have to make a pitstop at all if you don't want to.
3) The race will be held at 100% distance, which is 58 laps.
4) Qualifying will be done on the soft tyre, regardless of the tyre you wish to start on.
5) The drivers pit at the end of the lap you tell them to.
6) I did not stick to 2012 tyre wear rates, so the tyres may start wearing sooner than you think. I think the softs become useless after 10-15 laps, mediums after about 20-30 laps and the hards after 40-50 laps. But no tyre will puncture regardless of how far you push it.
7) The drivers' skill is only determined by your allocation of the 15 skill you have, not by their performances in the 2012 season.
8) It is a good idea to send me your strategy in a private message, to avoid flooding this thread, and for a strategic advantage.
9) You won't be held up in the pits by other cars or your teammate, so don't worry about it.

In case you are not familiar with building a race strategy, this video explains it very well:

My goal is to optimize the game so multiple strategies have a chance to be competitive, rather than having one particular overpowered strategy. So rather than trying to script 24 strategies, I thought it was a better idea to let you guys think about 24 different scenarios. The race will be streamed, probably in 2 weeks time, but I'll keep you updated if this changes.
Me and @Azabadaza will take Webber/Vettel and Vergne/Riccardo if we can :D Send us a message and talk us through it if you can

Hey everyone,
I wanted to test the strategy mechanic in my game, so I've decided to host a test race with you guys. You can sign up for this test race as any driver in the 2012 season (if we are lacking drivers, then you will be allowed to sign up as more than 1 driver)

In case you are interested to take part, I've put all the information in the spoiler:
This is what the order looks like:
View attachment 240003
View attachment 241109
(expected speed is in seconds)

The track used is the 2014 version of Albert Park, and the race will be dry. The safety car is turned off.

All I need from you guys, is:
1) Tell me which driver you want to take control of (preferably, you give me a list of drivers in case I don't update this post in time)
2) How you want to split 15 driver skill between qualifying and race (you can use decimals, 5 skill = ~0.3 seconds)
3) Your strategy for the race. The strategy only requires your pitstop laps, and the tyre compound you intend to use in each stint (between soft, medium and hard).

Example:
List:
F. Alonso
N. Karthikeyan
M. Webber

9.7 quali skill
5.3 race skill

Start on mediums
Pit lap 15 for softs
Pit lap 25 for hards
Pit lap 50 for softs

in this example, the strategy will look like this:
View attachment 239994

Notes:
1) You don't have to use 2 types of compounds
2) You don't have to make a pitstop at all if you don't want to.
3) The race will be held at 100% distance, which is 58 laps.
4) Qualifying will be done on the soft tyre, regardless of the tyre you wish to start on.
5) The drivers pit at the end of the lap you tell them to.
6) I did not stick to 2012 tyre wear rates, so the tyres may start wearing sooner than you think. I think the softs become useless after 10-15 laps, mediums after about 20-30 laps and the hards after 40-50 laps. But no tyre will puncture regardless of how far you push it.
7) The drivers' skill is only determined by your allocation of the 15 skill you have, not by their performances in the 2012 season.
8) It is a good idea to send me your strategy in a private message, to avoid flooding this thread, and for a strategic advantage.
9) You won't be held up in the pits by other cars or your teammate, so don't worry about it.

In case you are not familiar with building a race strategy, this video explains it very well:

My goal is to optimize the game so multiple strategies have a chance to be competitive, rather than having one particular overpowered strategy. So rather than trying to script 24 strategies, I thought it was a better idea to let you guys think about 24 different scenarios. The race will be streamed, probably in 2 weeks time, but I'll keep you updated if this changes.
@Omer Said @kedy89 @Meff28s @Millsy24 @the_sigman @Márk Lintner @oorjit07 @rubaru

I'm going to allow you to sign a second driver now, as I can't see more people signing up. For those that sent me a wishlist of more than 1 driver, and they weren't taken yet, I've assigned them to your name (and marked them yellow). For those that don't have a second driver, you don't need one, but it helps me if I have more data to work with.

If you have/want a second driver, you can send me the strategy for that driver (skill bias and race strategy). If you send me nothing I will use the same strategy as your first driver.

Finally, I haven't received any strategies from @Millsy24 @Márk Lintner @the_sigman @Meff28s . If you guys have anything you don't understand, you can let me know and I'll answer questions when I can.

I've got all the strategies now (thanks guys! :)), so most likely I will be able to stream the race tomorrow (Sunday) at 9:30 PM CEST (yeah, the clock is moving tonight). So for those who want to follow the stream, you should have 2 Australian GPs tomorrow :p
I'll let you know if anything changes.

Last edited:
I've got all the strategies now (thanks guys! :)), so most likely I will be able to stream the race tomorrow (Sunday) at 9:30 PM CEST (yeah, the clock is moving tonight). So for those who want to follow the stream, you should have 2 Australian GPs tomorrow :p
I'll let you know if anything changes.
After some testing, I'm happy with the balance of performance, so I proceeded to doing qualifying.
First of all, this is what you guys came up with skill wise:
upload_2018-3-25_18-50-9.png

upload_2018-3-25_19-4-5.png

upload_2018-3-25_19-4-35.png

upload_2018-3-25_19-4-49.png

I am aware these laptimes are 4 seconds faster than predicted, but
1) I changed the way time is calculated in between these 2 weeks
2) I tried to bring the pole time more in line with the actual 2012 pole time (1:24.9)

Pole Lap:
(yeah, I know I forgot to remove the hud, sorry about that..)

Podium Predictions:
Hamilton, Alonso, Webber

Last edited:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/242845384##

BUTTON WINS AFTER WEBBER HEARTBREAK
upload_2018-3-26_0-16-23.png

edit: the retirements were webber, petrov, schumacher, glock
In a very close battle between the top teams, Button came out on top, brilliantly executing his 2 stop strategy, and resisting the late pressure from Massa doing 3 stops, and Webber, doing a different variant of the 2 stop. Hamilton struggled on the 1 stop, eventually finishing in 4th, after being passed by Vettel.
Kobayashi drove a very good race in 5th, as well as Hulkenberg in 6th long behind him. Both Lotuses ended in the points, as well as Fernando after a lap 1 blunder. Webber was the only important retiree, losing a certain podium position on the final lap.

This was actually my first time doing a full race that wasn't sped up 8 times, and there's definetly things to work on.
I want to try to bring the cars closer together, I want Kobayashi to be all the tier 3 teams, and Vettel to be all the tier 2 teams. The field being spread out makes the 2 stop and 3 stop probably more powerful than it should be. (resolved by nerfing car stats impact)
I want to give players less skill to spend, so putting all of it on race isn't as powerful as it was in this test. (resolved by nerfing skill impact)
I want to mess around with the dirty air still, I think it relies too much on having straightline speed. And I think it's still too easy to do overall. It's a complicated system, and will be hard to work on. (resolved by adding area of lesser dirty air, and increasing slipstream effects overall)
There seemed to be a bug where only Vettel actually stopped at his pitbox (at least I noticed this on the stream). And I don't know why because the code looks fine. But I want to completely change the system anyway. This may have also helped make doing 2 stops more powerful. (fixed, everyone was stopping at the Red Bull pit box, causing the issue. This means Webber also stopped for his pitstop, but was not noticed on the stream)
Hard tyres are probably too slow. I don't want to add a 4th compound, so it likely will lose its ability to go a full race distance (so no stopping like Pic would not be advantageous anymore). Which would mean the mediums have to wear out faster so hards can be advantageous in the 1 stop. (resolved by bringing speeds of all compounds closer together, and improving tyre degradation on hard tyres)

Once I sort out the issues from test 1, there will be test 2, likely at the Hungaroring. Then I will also try out a different (simplier) method of giving strategies. I'll keep you guys updated.

Last edited:
Watched the first 20 laps, and the last few. Would say the strategy was perfect, Massa's overtaking wasn't. Lost quite a bit of time behind Hamilton, and the Sauber after the 1st stop. Nice charge through the field for Hulk.

Watched the first 20 laps, and the last few. Would say the strategy was perfect, Massa's overtaking wasn't. Lost quite a bit of time behind Hamilton, and the Sauber after the 1st stop. Nice charge through the field for Hulk.
Thought i clicked on my alert for the "Is Kimi back-thread" and was a bit confused what race youve seen. Yeah, Ferrari had a nice strategy but Massa?!

Yeah, Ferrari had a nice strategy but Massa?!
See my post above hahah
3 stop with good race speed worked better than I expected. Massa's start put him in a very good position early on. And the softs were fast enough to warrant some overtakes at this track. Started going off a bit in the last laps though.

Last edited:
Map.jpg

Welcome to War of RD 11. For the first time, fighters are no longer in control of an army controlling land, but instead will be lone wolves. Fighting alone to be the last user standing, who will annihilate the others quickest?

This is a Battle Royale forum game based on Epic Games' Fortnite: Battle Royale. The game is simple. Collect guns and materials to attack others or defend yourself with. You get one life and when you die, you're out, no second lives. This forum games has been designed so hopefully people who have played the game don't have an advantage over those that haven't.

Over time, a storm closes in and restricts the play area, which funnels all the players together, and meaning that the game ends at a certain time regardless - an issue we've struggled with in War of RD before.

The randomness of fights will be determined through the use of Dungeons and Dragons style die rolls to determine the accuracy of shots. (d6, d8, d10, d20 will be used, the number of sides is mentioned)

How to Play
Start
First thing to do is choose your character. For this, I will be using Pokemon sprites to denote each player. Please PM me your chosen Pokemon and it will represent you on the map. Make sure you don't tell anyone else which one you chose as each fight should be anonymous. If you choose a Pokemon someone else is using, then I will ask you to choose another. Please restrict yourself to Gen 1, 2 and 3, as I am using Gen 3 sprites as pictures.

At the start of the match, you parachute to any location on the map to start searching for weapons and materials. The map is divided into 100 tiles. You can choose any of them (that is not the ocean) to land on and start searching for chests.

To specify your location properly, we will be using Ordnance Survey notation. Each tile can de divided up by 10 again. If, for example, I wanted to land on the "P" of the word "Prison", the command would be "H6 84".

You start off with 100HP. This is the maximum hit points you can have. Once it hits 0, you are dead.

You have an inventory with three slots. Choose what you fill them with wisely. Materials do not take up a slot, they are separate.

Chests
A Chest is a loot box that can give you an item listed below. Each chest will only give you one of these. They are the only locations you can pick items up. Each item comes with a certain rarity denoted by the colour (Grey, Green, Blue, Purple, Gold) which increases the damage and accuracy by 2 for each colour. Chests are located inside buildings mostly, but may be scattered around every so often.
Chest.jpg

Weapons
Range: Ideal range of the weapon.
Damage: Total hit points a body shot removes from opponents. Headshots require a d20 to land on 20 and are an insta-kill.
Clip size: How many bullets/shots/rockets each weapon carried. Each weapon has their own unique bullet type, so be careful what you pick up.

Accuracy at the ideal range is 80% for grey weapons. Up to 0.5 around the ideal range, it drops to 30%. Anything past that is 0%.
  • Assualt Rifle: Medium range gun, and the best all-rounder. Good at shooting down walls. (Range: 0.25-1, Damage: 30, Clip size: 30)
  • Shotgun: Lethal at close range and your best friend when sneaking up on someone. (Range: 0-0.25, Damage: 80, Clip size: 8)
  • SMG: Fast firing close weapon that requires skill, but can be deadly in the right hands. (Range: 0.1-0.7, Damage: 20, Clip size: 30)
  • Sniper: Accurate at long range, with a scope that allows you to search further than normal. (Range: 0.5-1.5, Damage: 100, Clip size: 1)
  • RPG: Explosives that cause damage to structures and undefended players. Are of effect of 0.1 tiles for each explosion. Only weapon you can damage yourself with. (Range: 0.2-1, Damage: 100, Clip size: 1)
  • Med Kit: A set of bandages that heals you up to full health, but takes time to put on, leaving you vulnerable to attack.
  • Axe: Last resort. Melee weapon for if you really don't have anything to fight with. You have one all the time and it doesn't count as one of your three slots. (Range: 0, Damage: 10, Clip size: n/a)
WeaponTypes.jpg

Each round, you will be PM'ed a map of your local area. This is what you can see from where you are stood. It will be a 45 degree cone in front of you with a radius of one cone. If a mountain or town obscures your view, anything behind will not be visible.
In this image you will be able to see:
- Enemies: If another player is in your sight lines, they will show up. You will not know who they are or whether they can see you as well.
- Yellow Chest: If you see a chest, you are able to open it to find what's inside. It will automatically be added to your investory if you have space. If not, you will have to choose whether to swap it for something. When a chest is opened it is
- Blue Chest: This is used to denote that a player has left loot here. This could be because they swapped a bad weapon for a different one, they opened a chest and didn't like what they saw and left it, or they died and it's all the loot they owned. Guns, Heals, Ammo and Materials can all be picked up.
- Ramps: Already built
Example.jpg

Here, the user (Pikachu) is in Pleasant Park. They can see two chests and a blue chest also. Another player (Butterfree) is visible on the hill, which has blocked some of their view. The next zone is centred near Retail Row, and the storm is moving in (purple).

Moves
You are permitted to make up to 5 moves per round. They fall under these categories.
  • Move: Move anywhere up to 1.5 tiles away from where you are.
  • Traverse: Build ramps to allow you to climb or descent hills or buildings. Uses 50 materials.
  • Build cover: Use materials to make a small base that gives you some protection from anyone shooting at you, effectively halving their accuracy against you. Headshot accuracy is not affected. Uses 50 materials.
  • Shoot: Start attacking someone with a specified weapon. Each weapon takes up a different move. Each action uses half a clip, or 1 round if it only has 1 round.
  • Heal: Only usable if you have a Medkit. You are prone and helpless while this happens, so use it wisely.
  • Run away: If you decide you are losing a fight, or are low on ammo you are alowed to run away.
  • Collect Materials: You gain 50 materials, enough to traverse or build cover.
  • Find Ammo: You gain 1 extra clip of ammunition of a random type.

You are allowed one extra conditional move where you say "If ... I want to do ..." where the If can be pretty much anything, and the do is one of these actions.

The Circle
Each move is counted as taking 1 minute in game time. After 1 minute, a white circle will appear on the map. This denotes the area that will become the next zone. Each zone will be a smaller area inside the previous circle. If you are in the purple storm, your health will start to drop naturally. As the play area shrinks, the amount your health drops in the storm increases. Being stuck in the storm is not the end of your game, but is also not advised.

The circle will initially be visible for 3 moves, before the storm starts closing in. A purple circle will start moving from the edge of the map towards the edge of the white circle. It takes 3 moves for it to close in for the first circle, 2 moves the next time, then 1 move every time after. The circle will be visible for the same number of moves before it starts to move.

Anything else I haven't written yet will appear later on this list.

Signing Up
Post in this thread if you want to play. The next step is to start a conversation with me called "Fortnite - your username" and tell me which Pokemon you would like to use as your character is. There is no limit to signups, just make sure you sign up before I start, as once the game has begun, I cannot allow anyone else to join in.

If you have any questions related to anything, ask and I'll try to answer. The more stuff you're unclear about right now, the sooner I can put it down in writing for everyone else to understand.

In the thread I will post a picture of the zones as they move. It will also include stats on how many people are left, and if anyone has been killed that round.
Your conversation will get your detailed map of what you can see, your weapon slots, your health bar, your kill count and any extra descriptions of what you can see/hear. Make sure you don't tell anyone which Pokemon you are or where you have landed. These fights are supposed to be anonymous. I will only disclose which Pokemon someone is when they die.

Last edited:
  • Traverse: Build ramps to allow you to climb or descent hills or buildings. Uses 50 materials.
  • Build cover: Use materials to make a small base that gives you some protection from anyone shooting at you, effectively halving their accuracy against you. Headshot accuracy is not affected. Uses 50 materials.Collect Materials: You gain 50 materials, enough to traverse or build cove
    • Collect Materials: You gain 50 materials, enough to traverse or build cover.
I know you want to be close to fornite, but probably talked in game proposal tread, but for season 1, can we just do move, weapon collect and fight before having too much option ?

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 42 26.8%
  • More leagues

Votes: 31 19.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 28 17.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 17 10.8%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 10 6.4%