HoF and Discussion (Propose Game Ideas Here)

31point5.jpg

@kedy89 @TTupsi, PLEASE tell me if I'm being slow so we can get on with this,

Hey everyone,
I wanted to test the strategy mechanic in my game, so I've decided to host a test race with you guys. You can sign up for this test race as any driver in the 2012 season (if we are lacking drivers, then you will be allowed to sign up as more than 1 driver)

In case you are interested to take part, I've put all the information in the spoiler:
This is what the order looks like:
upload_2018-3-10_0-3-41.png

upload_2018-3-16_20-51-40.png

(expected speed is in seconds)

The track used is the 2014 version of Albert Park, and the race will be dry. The safety car is turned off.

All I need from you guys, is:
1) Tell me which driver you want to take control of (preferably, you give me a list of drivers in case I don't update this post in time)
2) How you want to split 15 driver skill between qualifying and race (you can use decimals, 5 skill = ~0.3 seconds)
3) Your strategy for the race. The strategy only requires your pitstop laps, and the tyre compound you intend to use in each stint (between soft, medium and hard).

Example:
List:
F. Alonso
N. Karthikeyan
M. Webber

9.7 quali skill
5.3 race skill

Start on mediums
Pit lap 15 for softs
Pit lap 25 for hards
Pit lap 50 for softs

in this example, the strategy will look like this:
upload_2018-3-9_23-45-32.png

Notes:
1) You don't have to use 2 types of compounds
2) You don't have to make a pitstop at all if you don't want to.
3) The race will be held at 100% distance, which is 58 laps.
4) Qualifying will be done on the soft tyre, regardless of the tyre you wish to start on.
5) The drivers pit at the end of the lap you tell them to.
6) I did not stick to 2012 tyre wear rates, so the tyres may start wearing sooner than you think. I think the softs become useless after 10-15 laps, mediums after about 20-30 laps and the hards after 40-50 laps. But no tyre will puncture regardless of how far you push it.
7) The drivers' skill is only determined by your allocation of the 15 skill you have, not by their performances in the 2012 season.
8) It is a good idea to send me your strategy in a private message, to avoid flooding this thread, and for a strategic advantage.
9) You won't be held up in the pits by other cars or your teammate, so don't worry about it.

In case you are not familiar with building a race strategy, this video explains it very well:

My goal is to optimize the game so multiple strategies have a chance to be competitive, rather than having one particular overpowered strategy. So rather than trying to script 24 strategies, I thought it was a better idea to let you guys think about 24 different scenarios. The race will be streamed, probably in 2 weeks time, but I'll keep you updated if this changes.

Last edited:
Hey everyone,
I wanted to test the strategy mechanic in my game, so I've decided to host a test race with you guys. You can sign up for this test race as any driver in the 2012 season (if we are lacking drivers, then you will be allowed to sign up as more than 1 driver)

In case you are interested to take part, I've put all the information in the spoiler:
View attachment 240003
View attachment 240075

The track used is the 2014 version of Albert Park, and the race will be dry. The safety car is turned off.

1) Tell me which driver you want to take control of (preferably, you give me a list of drivers in case I don't update this post in time)
2) How you want to split 15 driver skill between qualifying and race (you can use decimals, 5 skill = ~0.3 seconds)
3) Your strategy for the race. The strategy only requires your pitstop laps, and the tyre compound you intend to use in each stint (between soft, medium and hard).

Example:
List:
F. Alonso
N. Karthikeyan
M. Webber

9.7 quali skill
5.3 race skill

Start on mediums
Pit lap 15 for softs
Pit lap 25 for hards
Pit lap 50 for softs

View attachment 239994

Notes:
4) Qualifying will be done on the soft tyre, regardless of the tyre you wish to start on.
6) I did not stick to 2012 tyre wear rates, so the tyres may start wearing sooner than you think. I think the softs become useless after 10-15 laps, mediums after about 20-30 laps and the hards after 40-50 laps. But no tyre will puncture regardless of how far you push it.
7) The drivers' skill is only determined by your allocation of the 15 skill you have, not by their performances in the 2012 season.
8) It is a good idea to send me your strategy in a private message, to avoid flooding this thread, and for a strategic advantage.
9) You won't be held up in the pits by other cars or your teammate, so don't worry about it.

In case you are not familiar with building a race strategy, this video explains it very well:

My goal is to optimize the game so multiple strategies have a chance to be competitive, rather than having one particular overpowered strategy. So rather than trying to script 24 strategies, I thought it was a better idea to let you guys think about 24 different scenarios. The race will be streamed, probably in 2 weeks time, but I'll keep you updated if this changes.
Questions:
is this your simulated game that you were doing a while ago?
send PMs to you I'm guessing to join?

Hey everyone,

View attachment 240003
View attachment 240352

Example:
List:
F. Alonso
N. Karthikeyan
M. Webber

9.7 quali skill
5.3 race skill

Start on mediums
Pit lap 15 for softs
Pit lap 25 for hards
Pit lap 50 for softs

View attachment 239994

Notes:

@Jimlaad43 @Tim.E @Steven Poirier @TTupsi @Azabadaza wanna give this a go?

Seeing that I keep missing this thread, I'll just surrender so we can all move on. It's dead even at the moment and I don't see either party going forward anytime soon. Congrats Tobi :p

Seeing that I keep missing this thread, I'll just surrender so we can all move on. It's dead even at the moment and I don't see either party going forward anytime soon. Congrats Tobi :p
gg wp, think you were close to death at one point, so nice comeback. Honestly not that sure I'd have won if this had dragged on

Formula1.com has changed the font throughout their website. I'm finding it a bit weird, like they were trying too hard to make a neat impression, and frankly kind of hard to read.

Formula1.com has changed the font throughout their website. I'm finding it a bit weird, like they were trying too hard to make a neat impression, and frankly kind of hard to read.
Well, nobody changes, not alters, the logo of a big brand and let the rest stay as it is.
The logo change meant introducing a whole new corporate look. The font was introduced together with the logo. EVERYTHING is changed. I bet we'll have new on air graphics aswell.
The YouTube channel already used the new Corporate Design (or maybe even Corporate Identity) with the videos of the test sessions.

I am not 100% satisfied with the big font for headlines and agree that it is not as readable than it was before in some areas. Overall though it is pretty good readable and one can see how much thought has gone into it. There are a lot of smooth looking ligatures in that font. A LOT.

I bet in two years you will look back and think "Oh man, the change was needed. That looked outdated before"

It's only logical to make these steps as Liberty is changing up the sport. This is the new F1.

Edit: I am a bit shocked, though. While msot of the site is really well done, i found two dead links in the navigation bar (More -> esports and store) Also fantasy is leading to a coming soon page. Contacted the support...

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 106 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 199 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing