HoF and Discussion (Propose Game Ideas Here)

I've received everyone's strategy now, and I feel like I'm ready to stream test 2 today. Probably shortly after the Bahrain GP. I'll keep you updated if anything changes.

Will be delayed to 9:30 again like last time, the motogp race was delayed too and I haven't entered the strategies yet because the Bahrain GP was actually exciting for once :roflmao:

Marc Marquez you.... arrgh
Can't believe he even apologized to Rossi :laugh:
Legit like he was playing a video game. Sure he was the fastest out there but his antics got him no points. Both a throw and a farce.

Anyway, here's qualifying for the test:
upload_2018-4-8_21-18-17.png

Here's the race:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/248180541

upload_2018-4-9_12-54-14.png

So, a short recap:
Hamilton got the jump on Vettel, and held this big train of soft runners until their first pitstop, compromising their strategy. Ricciardo and Massa on hards dropped quite a bit from the leading pack. Vettel and Webber had a huge battle for the whole first stint until Vettel eventually retired. Now, this is where I messed up the strategy for Button and Webber (and Vettel but he retired so it wasn't a major problem), they should have went for hards, but instead went for mediums. Anyway, Hamilton was quicker after his later pitstop on fresh mediums and passed them both. However, Alonso was even quicker than all of them on soft tyres, however would lose that speed later when he pitted for hard tyres, allowing the leaders to catch up. So, Hamilton won, Rosberg was able to follow Hamilton's pace to finish second (was actually a bit further behind, but there was an issue with the gaps all race). Massa went past his teammate as well for the final podium spot. Webber and Button pitted again for the wrong tyre, hard instead of soft, meaning they finished a while behind the leading pack in 4th and 5th.

Now, I ran the test again off-stream with the strategies set up correctly, and Button actually won with his speed on the soft tyre, about 1 second ahead of Rosberg and Hamilton. And Webber finished about 6 seconds behind them (and Vettel retired again lol). However, seeing as Webber did not beat Rosberg and Hamilton in this test, Button's win is fully dependant on getting past Webber, which he failed to do in the streamed test. It would have been an interesting one. I apologize for the issue again, and this tells me I need to work on the way I enter strategies.

I believe the second test was less successful than the first one, there seemed to be a lot more issues. The issue with the gaps may have affected on track fights, in slipstream and dirty air, which means the test didn't give me a lot of data. However, I worked on the issue after the race and I believe it is no longer a problem. (somehow, this was even a problem in Melbourne, I just didn't notice it for some reason..)

Now after two tests, I wanted to ask you if you noticed any issues in the game that I didn't. This is what I know so far:
-Engine sounds appear to be lagging sometimes (I am aware that the whole sound system is rubbish, I want to work on it from scratch)
-Helmets are still missing so it's difficult to set the drivers apart (and car numbers always show the first driver's number)
-The steering wheel is still missing
-Sometimes when battling, drivers would teleport to the other side of the track (I still don't know the cause of this problem, I have to look deeper into it)
-When cars are stacking in the pits, one of them teleports to the track. Same thing when two cars retire at the same spot. (ignoring or altering collision detection if the car is retired or in the pits should do the trick)
-Strategy wise, the 3 stop seems too powerful. Soft tyres in general. And the hard tyres are still bad. Probably need to bring them closer together.
-The crowd is missing

Also, I tested two ways of giving strategies, which one do you guys prefer? With presets or fully customizable? (or should I add more customisation to the presets for an in-between option?)

Regarding a 3rd test, I think it has to happen before I can start the game for real, but I don't know when yet. But I do know we will not be using 2012 cars anymore, I'll switch to 1999 cars, the ones I plan to start the game with. (mainly because, apart from Indianapolis and Hockenheim, and Magny Cours which is a very small change, I don't have to worry about converting new tracks until 2004 :p)

Last edited:
I wasn't expecting mass driver reservations, especially as I wanted have your real/custom names in this time, and I haven't shown any car stats at all. :laugh:
I was more thinking this would be a pre season test, maybe 2, before the game started. And I want to follow suit with the other simulated careers which swapped the real driver names for custom ones.

..unless I get enough requests to keep real driver names in the forum game?

I wasn't expecting mass driver reservations, especially as I wanted have your real/custom names in this time, and I haven't shown any car stats at all. :laugh:
I was more thinking this would be a pre season test, maybe 2, before the game started. And I want to follow suit with the other simulated careers which swapped the real driver names for custom ones.

I'd join the test. What do i have to do?

I'd join the test. What do i have to do?
I haven't officially announced a test, it will happen once I feel like the game is ready for it. Considering I want to do a bigger update, that would make my game ready for the forum game, I'm not sure exactly when that'll be, maybe a month or even a couple of months

I haven't officially announced a test, it will happen once I feel like the game is ready for it. Considering I want to do a bigger update, that would make my game ready for the forum game, I'm not sure exactly when that'll be, maybe a month or even a couple of months
"I was more thinking this would be a pre season test, maybe 2,"

And the videos you were posting... These are all not tests?

"I was more thinking this would be a pre season test, maybe 2,"

And the videos you were posting... These are all not tests?
I was talking about the 3rd (and 4th) test there :p we've already done 2 tests which you saw, I explained everything 2 and 1 weeks in advance.
I said a 3rd one has to happen because I feel the game is not ready for a simulated career yet. But I don't know when that will be and what I want to target for the test. (the first two were targeted at mainly making sure everything works and balance of performance). When I work on the game enough that I want to test something, I will announce it here again (or in a separate thread) 1-2 weeks before running it. But as I said, we're at least a month away from that.

I need to be Rubens in the 1999 test! pls
Ill take Rubens
?

Didn't realise it was going to be a custom name game xD

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 108 69.2%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 41 26.3%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 31 19.9%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 33 21.2%
  • No 3pa registration pages