HoF and Discussion (Propose Game Ideas Here)

Very promising game. With polishing and such, has bright future.

I am sorry if it was answered or mentioned elsewhere, but will there be collision detection between cars in the further versions?

@Jimlaad43 no shields? Would be useful as protection vs bolts and RPGs. And mini shields would be useful mid fight as well.
Also, launch pads would be useful when the circle isn't on you.
Finally.. what pokemon can I choose from? I have no idea what your gens mean. I only know Pikachu exists

Hey everone,
I worked a lot more on the game in this week, and I feel like I'm ready for test 2. (legit, no april fool :p)
The test will happen at Montreal, either next week or in 2 weeks (more likely to be next week, but I don't like putting that much pressure on myself :p)
I've changed some things between the tests. Here are the patch notes:
Overtaking:
-Added a collision avoidance system (only graphical, so cars can no longer go through each other) - still in development, but working
upload_2018-3-31_23-20-50.png

upload_2018-4-2_0-42-26.png

-Lowered gap where dirty air affects the driver
-Increased dirty air effect
-Added light dirty air, making an impact on the driver at greater gaps, but with lesser intensity than regular dirty air
-Increased slipstream intensity and gap required for it to affect the driver

First Lap:
-Lowered necessary gap for dirty air to affect the driver on the first lap
-All cars are equal on lap 1, so faster cars can't get through easily

Tyres:
-Improved maximum durability of soft tyres
-Slightly lowered maximum durability of medium tyres
-Lowered maximum durability of hard tyres
-Significantly decreased the grip loss rate when worn of hard tyres

Performance:
-Significantly decreased the effect of all car and driver stats
-Driver stats make a greater impact in qualifying
-Lowered reliability of all teams

Pitstops:
-Each car now pits at its own pitbox
-Lowered pitlane speed limit from 60.35 to 60 kph

Bugs:
-Fixed issue where only Red Bulls stopped at their pitbox. Now everyone stops at their pitbox
-An attempt was made to stop cars from floating and sinking into the track
-All cars will slow down to a constant speed after the race is finished, so gaps can be read more clearly
-Removed parc ferme from pitlane
-Cars will no longer teleport to the racing line on the race start, instead gradually moving towards it from their starting box

Features:
-Added zoom to track camera when viewed car is far away
-Fuel now affects lap times during the race
-Cars have lower speed when getting away from the grid when starting the race
-Changes of positions at the start of the race are more random

In test 2, I want to once again test out the strategic factor of my game, but also the new features added in the patch.
If you want to take part in the test, but already took part in test 1, I will give you the same drivers you had in test 1, to avoid any complications. If you want to change your drivers, you can do that but you can only change to empty, AI managed drivers.
If you decide to take part in test 2, but haven't taken part in test 1, I will let you take control of an AI driver.

So, for those entering the test, I will need:
-How you want to to split 15 skill between qualifying and race (this time, no decimals allowed)
-Your race strategy (chosen from one of the presets below - you can only change the tyre order in the preset)

This is how the grid looks like right now:
upload_2018-3-31_22-56-23.png

These are the preset strategies:
upload_2018-3-31_23-3-49.png

Notes:
-70 laps
-No rain and no safety car
-Using the 2014 track version by Codemasters
-Once again, you send the strategy to me privately

@kedy89 @Meff28s @the_sigman @Aidan Keranen @Azabadaza @Millsy24 @Márk Lintner @Omer Said @oorjit07 @rubaru

Last edited:
Was not my favourite game anyways. If i remember correctly i never participated again after the win with the black army (i rosberged)

Have fun, though :)

The more people the merrier. Please make sure if you have signed up you have sent me a PM with your choices. There is still time to sign up.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back