HoF and Discussion (Propose Game Ideas Here)

DOTHRAKI DOMINATE
Dothraki are the real winners in a day of defensive stalemate. 10 battles were fought with the wins going to the defenders. MCAM and the Hyenas both failed two attacks on each other each, as did HoPP and RHB (although the purples made a net gain in land for what seems like the first time in a while. Straya shrink as the Dothraki buffer zone increases between North and South.
9.jpg

MORE STUFF HAPPENS
Aaaand I've run out of interesting stuff to say here. MCAM has shrunk again, but they have got Chiliad back I suppose. 1 thing to point out, I did place the green boat in the wrong place in the last image, I apologise, but it is all fine now.
10.jpg

STRAYA GET SCREWED OVER
Despite 3 attacks with terrain advantage, the Dothraki defense force in the Tatavium Mountains were up to the task of defending, as they stopped Straya from gaining any land. To rub large amounts of Sodium Chloride into the already gaping wound, Dothraki then launched three successful attacks on Straya, reducing the gold land to only one region. The great Urban Los Santos land swap (aka Hounds of Pleasure Pier vs Rollin' Heights Ballas) was once again a case of one win and two losses. Further north, Chianksi Hyenas and MCAM also swapped Grapeseed for Raton Canyon.
11.jpg

Incidentally, for those of you who want to know how I do the battle decisions, I have a 10-sided die which I roll each time. Where there is no advantage, the attacker wins if it lands on 1-5, and the defender wins if it's 6-10. Where the attacker has an advantage it's 1-6, and where they are at a disadvantage it's 1-4. For example in this battle, Straya rolled 9, 10 and 10 even with terrain advantage, while Dothraki scored 2, 4 and 1 on their three rolls.

Are you enjoying this version of the game? Would you be up for something similar on a different map for a future game, or prefer something that we've had before?

Maybe if there were some way for the players to have more influence on the outcome of a battle.
We've trialed RPS before and also units of varying sizes (look at the Hexagon maps of RD5 and 6) which were just complicated and made for boring games in the end. I created the terrain advantages for this game so there is some tactics of attack and defense which you can use to your advantage. So far, the only change I'm considering is to increase the strength of the advantage and maybe an optional 4th move to be made after each round, but I feel like this system works at the moment for giving us a level playing field.

only thing i would think that would imrpove the game is more land tiles, for the gta 5 you of course have all the regions pre selected, but i would had rather seen a few more rounds to get strategic positions. now you got 1 round before everyone was practically forced to attack eachother and absolute mayhem unfolds

only thing i would think that would imrpove the game is more land tiles, for the gta 5 you of course have all the regions pre selected, but i would had rather seen a few more rounds to get strategic positions. now you got 1 round before everyone was practically forced to attack eachother and absolute mayhem unfolds
It's a balance really. The problem with more land tiles is the one we faced in the Hex wars, where it took forever to finish the game because you were effectively moving around the map swapping land and getting nowhere near shrinking your opponent's land. Less tiles means a hopefully shorter endgame. I will try to create a more even spacing or a different map shape next time to reduce the current situation where Dothraki has pretty much cut the map in half.

Another thing that might help is a "You can't attack the same team with all three moves, only a maximum of two", which could help stop the stalemate we have between RHB and HoPP.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.