Resource icon

Tracks High Force v1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Thanks for this track, it is fun to cruise on. Would be epic if the CSP guys can figure out a way to force limited top speed zones for AI. This would be much better offline then than online.

The track won't load for me. :( After installing it using Content Manager, I get a "Race cancelled" message when trying to load it with the MX-5 Cup Car. (The car runs fine on other tracks...) I also tried loading this combo in "generic" AC (ie - not thru CM) and got kicked back to the main menu.

Anyone else having problems trying to load/run this combo?

Thanks!
Bert

Cheers for this, really nice at Dusk into Dawn. :D Are you trying to compete with the UK version of LA Canyons? How long has this taken, and what are you using to build this? 3DS? Really looking forward to this developing! Oh and thanks for the reply about potholes etc! I am not familiar with how to build tracks in Assetto but was reading up about the Visual vs Physical layer etc... I wonder is there also not just a way to use some sort of textures to add a bit of bumps etc without having to actually model them?
If you do start adding and need testers I am sure we will all be willing! Cheers!

Cheers for this, really nice at Dusk into Dawn. :D Are you trying to compete with the UK version of LA Canyons? How long has this taken, and what are you using to build this? 3DS? Really looking forward to this developing! Oh and thanks for the reply about potholes etc! I am not familiar with how to build tracks in Assetto but was reading up about the Visual vs Physical layer etc... I wonder is there also not just a way to use some sort of textures to add a bit of bumps etc without having to actually model them?
If you do start adding and need testers I am sure we will all be willing! Cheers!

No Potholes I have to dodge enough of them in the UK as it is. Our roads are in a very bad state and I pay £500+ year road tax on one car.

It's been about 3.5 years in the making. Very sporadic, has been on hold for months at a time before something (Forza 4 for example) inspired me to crack on with it. Software is Modo, which is a bit niche but I know what I'm doing with it.

Physics is all driven my the mesh, doesn't use textures at all.

Are AI and Cameras something planned for a future update, or would it be preferable for the community to work on these as separate stand-alone addons?
They're both things that feel like I *should* do, but I'm really not looking forward to either. I find AI a bitch to develop, and expect something like this to be a complete pain in the tits. Cameras on the other hand are relatively straightforward, but 30 miles worth would still be very time-consuming.

If anyone felt like they could help out with either I'd be very grateful.

I would be tempted to just add a set of helicopter / drone cameras for a track this long, tbh.

I did a set of traditional cameras for my Fonteny track ('only' 26km / 16 miles) and that needed 84 cameras to cover the entire lap :sleep:. I could probably have used 10 or 12 helicams and still covered the whole lap.

I might give the AI and fixed cameras a try next month when I have more time. The open flowing nature makes for some great long-distance static replays (currently I'm using CM's remote camera) but I'd love to just sit back and re-live a hoon across the moors in a 911 GT3:cool:.

I would be tempted to just add a set of helicopter / drone cameras for a track this long, tbh.

I did a set of traditional cameras for my Fonteny track ('only' 26km / 16 miles) and that needed 84 cameras to cover the entire lap :sleep:. I could probably have used 10 or 12 helicams and still covered the whole lap.
resulting in something like this:
especially seconf half of the video, can't link directly to it. Few "crowd cams" and helicopter in between

Sorry for too bad english !!!

Game crash at start !!! :(:mad:

Hello,
I had the same issue than some of you. The sim crash few seconds after the car appear on the screen or when i hit the button (wheel) for start driving. The log.txt was similar : Crash in... and several lines too difficult to understand. But the game dont crash with all the cars. With all the Kunos and with some addon, it crash ! But with others, it will work very well with CSP and SOL with the "highforce .ini" of LY933 (very good indeed). :thumbsup:
So, i decide to reinstall all the game, save my settings and desintall and delete all the files in steam and in documents.
Perhaps there will be some old file or another thing who conflict with the track, because after that all work perfectly, with CSP 1.36, SOL 1.4 and the "highforce.ini" of LY933.

It take a long time to do that, but what a pleasure to drive on this perfect road in this country. I am french, you guess, and i know those roads by a british crime drama : Vera (Vera Stanhope like the little village on south of the track), so i want to install a Land Rover 90 to drive this land.;)

Thanks to BRUN (french name...) a good man and to LY933, i love your work. ;):thumbsup:

Last edited:
Wow, Modo for a track! Last time I heard about Modo was in the context of figures and props for movies, alongside Lightwave 3D which I dabbled in years ago when an acquaintance of mine hooked me up.

Looking back, Lightwave was probably not the best thing to try to learn to model better on (I use Blender now :rolleyes:) because if Modo is anything like Lightwave (It's from the same company, isn't it?) then it's *really* niche.

This is superb....if your objective was to capture the feel of English roads you have nailed it....thank you for your time and effort. I don’t do much cruising in AC but when I do it’s gonna be here.

This is superb....if your objective was to capture the feel of English roads you have nailed it....thank you for your time and effort. I don’t do much cruising in AC but when I do it’s gonna be here.

Agree so much with that, it really evokes the feeling of driving through the English countryside.

Wow, Modo for a track! Last time I heard about Modo was in the context of figures and props for movies, alongside Lightwave 3D which I dabbled in years ago when an acquaintance of mine hooked me up.

Looking back, Lightwave was probably not the best thing to try to learn to model better on (I use Blender now :rolleyes:) because if Modo is anything like Lightwave (It's from the same company, isn't it?) then it's *really* niche.
Modo was developed by the same people who created Lightwave, but only after they left and started a new company. It's now owned by Foundry, who are also responsible for VFX staples Nuke and Mari. Modo is actually quite popular in game development, Valve and id both use it. When I say niche, it's because I'm not aware of any other AC content made with it.

I know this is a little First world problems but the track the surface shakes the hell out of my motion sim. Even using something like the road MX5. Buttery smooth on Brands Hatch... feels like I am on a rally track when doing 30 on High Force. Any Ideas why?

The track won't load for me. :( After installing it using Content Manager, I get a "Race cancelled" message when trying to load it with the MX-5 Cup Car. (The car runs fine on other tracks...) I also tried loading this combo in "generic" AC (ie - not thru CM) and got kicked back to the main menu.

Anyone else having problems trying to load/run this combo?

Thanks!
Bert
Same here. Installing Custom Shaders Patch v0.1.36 fixed the problem for me.
Best regards.
Martin

Last edited:
I've not tried it, but looking at the recent video posted of this, it brings back good memories. I can almost smell the wiff of lavender fields while watching him blast through the hills. Looking forward to driving it!

Trust me, while LightWave is super easy and intuitive to learn, it is not the best choice for track making for AC :( It works, but lots of work-arounds needed to optimize it.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.