Resource icon

Tracks High Force v1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
3722fa90-f5bc-0132-f117-0ed54733f8f5.gif

Hey Brun, I'm still in love with your track! I made another video with it and it's definitely not the last one!

I hope my next vid will be with updated version ;)
Great Video complements such a great Track
Besides the initial High Force BETA v0.1 File what else is needed to get it to look like your Video? (eg: SOL, ini files)
Thanks

So I just spent about and hour driving around this map/track and wow.
Honestly, blew me away. It feels so English it has to be hands down the best UK map out there.

I have some issues with it however, not from a mechanics points of view, it drove wonderfully and I didn't notice anything weird or buggy.

Invisible walls. Quite a few times I wanted to pull off into one of the lay-bys or driveways and take it in and take some shots but smacked into an invisible wall a metre from the road edge. I know the idea behind them but I felt there were far too many and too close to the road. Some more freedom would be nice.

I know it's early days and hats off, this map is fricken tremendous not to mention the work it must have taken. So big love on that. :thumbsup:

But might I make a suggestion or two?

Free-roaming + Defined circuits.

I personally feel this works exceptionally well as a defined circuit and definitely has that Snaefell Mountain Course vibe to it (which I love as a biker). I would personally suggest a few iterations thereof;

Shorter 'loops' maybe linking one or two of the towns/villages to make for great quick sessions and hot lapping.

Maybe a selection of the Full Course (current) and maybe 1 or two shorter sections (which would of course rely on you linking places up with more roads and then defining the circuits). For that real road racing vibe.

Freeroam.

My god, this could be the British version of the Shutoko Revival Project - there are many many junctions and turn offs which could be utilised to add roads and link existing sections of the track up with itself via detours - maybe smaller single track back roads, larger dual carriageway sections (think Caterham Bypass south of London).

You could essentially over time create a small road network to explore, race, drift, and have fun on and I personally think that would be amazing. Especially with some places to park up here and there

I am going to keep driving this awesome map and follow it's progress keenly!

Problem is, there aren't that many roads to connect stuff :p

Aye that's a fair point you have there but there are for sure a good few small single carriageway roads that link Newbiggin up with Westgate and more scattered in the middle springing out from Middleton-in-Teesdale and going north and east.

This would also aid to the general use of the map because if you find a great section of road, as I did on my way round, you don't have to drive for 15 minutes to get there; you could cut across the map via other routes to your favourite sections/areas to drive.

I know upon looking at Google Maps most are little more than dirt tracks it seems,... but a little artistic license goes a long way and I don't think I'm alone in saying I would love to see more tarmac added to this awesome map.

One of my favorites to drive this, great fun to cruise around on, and has really well captured the feel of the roads in this area!
Also, I agree with what some others have said that it could be a bit more free roam - less invisible walls when you try to pull off & more side roads, etc. would help give it a more real feel!
any news on a new update that may incorporate these things
Thought I'd share some photos from it too:
Screenshot_tc_legends_alfa_gta_highforce_12-8-120-15-53-19 FOR ONLINE.jpg
Screenshot_tc_legends_alfa_gta_highforce_12-8-120-15-45-11 FOR ONLINE.jpg
Screenshot_ks_nissan_370z_tuned_highforce_10-8-120-21-52-0 FOR ONLINE.jpg

Hey, are there any updates on this project? I'd love to see more of the background buildings and stuff filled in, some of the small driveways/parking lots be drivable and maybe the invisible walls be pushed back a bit.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.